[iOS] Crash to springboard continuing autosave in Approach to Thistletop (1-4) at boss?

woebtz

Question

Hi guys,

I'm having a lot of fun with the game. I've purchased the full campaign and the daily gold bonus.

Today, I seem to have run into a progression blocker (corrupted save?) during Gogmurt's boss fight in Approach to Thistletop (1-4). Attempts to continue my game closes/crashes the app to the iOS springboard. Steps to reproduce IIRC are listed below.

General

What device type are you on?

iPad

What version of the OS are you running?

iOS 8.1

What model is the device?

iPad Air 2

What is your PFID#?

PFID-9B361BFFD3E20774

Gameplay

Is pass & play on?

No

Is permadeath on?

No

Tutorial, Story Mode, or Quest Mode?

Story Mode

Characters in Party

Seelah (Paladin), Ezren (Wizard)

Location of each character

I don't remember

Turn Order

I don't remember

Scenario & Scenario Difficulty.  If on non-normal difficulties, which wildcard powers are in play?

Approach to Thistletop 1-4 (normal)

Did the issue occur on the first explore or a subsequent explore?

First explore of turn.

Did other characters aid the check?  What did they use to aid it?

n/a

Was the encounter a Horde?

No

What card was encountered when the issue occurred? (Or check, or card just played, etc)

1. Closed 2 of 4 locations normally.
  2. Encountered boss goblin Gogmurt with Ezren and temporarily closed last other open location with Seelah.
  3. Gogmurt rolled the "Before you act" fire damage (3), but I hadn't yet picked any cards to discard.
  4. I believe I then put the iPad down and it eventually auto-timed out to the lock/off screen (and autosaved?).
  5. Continuing my game (autosave?) after this point crashes to iOS springboard. [both when using Main Menu > Continue and Main Menu > Story > Slot 3 Play button.]

Thanks,

Ben

---

VER-552-20160804

PFID-9B361BFFD3E20774

GameCenter: woebtz

5 answers to this question

I don't think it was stuck until after the iPad auto-timeout/lock/screen sleep (e.g. sometime after waiting for me to discard for damage).

Where can I read more about the iPad bug?

Do you know if I can resolve the issue myself (or edit the save game file)?

Hopefully, I can salvage my characters/party. I only had 2 in this story, but the rest of the team have pretty decent B/C/1 cards. :( 

You can try to drag characters of From the party and make new party and use experienced characters in there. The character "repair" utility is coming somewhere in the future. But leaving pad alone too long is known cause some save game bugs. So,it ismallways better to close the app when keeping even a short pause.

Thanks @Hannibal_PJV,

I deleted my save slot (and the bugged game) and created a new party from my "experienced" characters. I thought I'd lose my heroes permanently, but they were all preserved with the same stats/powers/cards/completions as before. I can even start a new game in 1-4 too.