Interrupting Blows work on Spells?

Literally couldn't find anything when I googled this question.

Anyone know if Interrupting Blows works with spells? It says "any damaging attack" which usually means spells BUT "mechanics"...

Not talking about bloody minor blights (the most overrated spell in the game).

Edited by Ohmega

It should do. Peeking at the code, the basic "Compute Interrupt" function just grabs the Perception and adds any Interrupt bonuses to that, anything that does interrupts would call this function. 

Edit: quick test with some random spells (Chillfog, Rolling Flame, Fan of Flames) shows that indeed it works.

Edited by Loren Tyr
  • Like 1

Might be funny to get an interrupter Druid going. Pump PER to 20 plus Interrupting Blows for 45 Interrupt, cast two overlapping Tanglefoots (long duration, massive AOE, self-boosting, cheap to cast from scrolls as well), Interrupt everyone for 0.5 seconds every 1.5 seconds. They stop moving every time they get interrupted as well, so between that and the Hobbling they're really going to be crawling :grin:

Tanglefoot is not a damaging spell. Did not know this kind of spell could interrupt too. Though, sometimes, i'm surprised. The apprentice nature's mark i gave to Sagani seems to interrupt foes. But it's not a damaging ability either.

Might be funny to get an interrupter Druid going. Pump PER to 20 plus Interrupting Blows for 45 Interrupt, cast two overlapping Tanglefoots (long duration, massive AOE, self-boosting, cheap to cast from scrolls as well), Interrupt everyone for 0.5 seconds every 1.5 seconds. They stop moving every time they get interrupted as well, so between that and the Hobbling they're really going to be crawling :grin:

Nice idea. I was thinking about something like Combusting Wounds but not sure if the DoT interrupts (and even though it's damage, interrupting blows wouldn't apply because it's just added to the Per bonus so only works for things that apply that I guess...) Your idea is much better ofc, Combusting Wounds is quite a small AoE. Plague of Insects would be even more insane, already with that -10 Con.

Tanglefoot is not a damaging spell. Did not know this kind of spell could interrupt too. Though, sometimes, i'm surprised. The apprentice nature's mark i gave to Sagani seems to interrupt foes. But it's not a damaging ability either.

Check the spell description.

Some damaging spells do not interrupt.

Some non damaging spells do.

• Like 1

Nice idea. I was thinking about something like Combusting Wounds but not sure if the DoT interrupts (and even though it's damage, interrupting blows wouldn't apply because it's just added to the Per bonus so only works for things that apply that I guess...) Your idea is much better ofc, Combusting Wounds is quite a small AoE. Plague of Insects would be even more insane, already with that -10 Con.

Indeed, interrupts occur only after a to-hit roll, so DoTs and such like Combusting Wounds or Plague of Insects wouldn't work. Hence Tanglefoot, that does seem to be the best option. Also helps that it targets Reflex and kind of self-debuffs as well; obviously it would call for some ranged attacking to go with it, can't really send in your own guys into that.

Check the spell description.

Some damaging spells do not interrupt.

Some non damaging spells do.

Oh, thanks. I will be more careful. I tend to consider some rules iron rules. But i guess there are not so many of them