Unable to download latest update

Pediatron

Question

Anyone else having trouble downloading the latest update? I have been trying on and off for several hours but always have it almost complete the update on my ipad and then pop up with Unable to download app. Even tried to do it from itunes and got same message.

Thanks.

Yep... In the same train. Maybe it is so popular and stuck because of that... Do you have icon for the app? In my device the pathfinder icon is crey, not normal Gobling. (iPad air 2) so maybe some bug or other special problem.

Seems to be working in Android, but not in iDevice.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Yep... In the same train. Maybe it is sompopular and stuck because of that... Do you have icon for the app? In my device the pathfinder icon is crey, not normal Gobling. (iPad air 2) so maybe some bug or other special problem.

Seems to be working in Android, but not in iDevice.

It worked for me this morning. It didn't last night. The icon is there now.

Hey everyone,

Sorry about the download issues. We believe its related to being in different time zones. For those still experiencing this issue, are you now able to complete the download? If not, what time zone are you located in? 

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hope you're all having a great weekend so far!

Addendum: Also, try restarting Gamecenter or your device. That has worked for one user. 

I just tried again and failed. It goes through almost the entire update (circle almost full on ipad) then gives me unable to download message. Tried to find a way to turn off game center but there isn't a sign out or turn off option that I could find. I did restart ipad (again) and tried the upload again with same result. I am on Pacific Standard Time. (hope you solve this -- got the new card but don't want to try to enter the code until i manage the update!)

In case this helps, I just tried installing the update on my husband's ipad. He has the free version only, but updated no problem. He is also hooked into gamecenter. So I am guessing it isn't time zone and it isn't game center that is keeping some of us from updating.

Hey everyone,

Sorry about the download issues. We believe its related to being in different time zones. For those still experiencing this issue, are you now able to complete the download? If not, what time zone are you located in?

Addendum: Also, try restarting Gamecenter or your device. That has worked for one user.

Hi Aarik,

I had to delete the game from my iPad to update the latest version successfully but my experienced characters from the main story were also wiped out!

Is there anyway to retrieve back my experienced characters? =(

Hey everyone,

I eventually got the issue sorted.  I had deleted the app and tried a fresh install without any luck.  What worked for me was deleting the failed install, then restarting my iPad and then downloading from the app store.  For the record I am in Melbourne Australia which is GMT +10 timezone.

One downside is I missed 1-2 of my daily gold collections. What is the best way to follow up on getting them back?

Hey everyone,

Hi Aarik,

I had to delete the game from my iPad to update the latest version successfully but my experienced characters from the main story were also wiped out!

Is there anyway to retrieve back my experienced characters? =(

Same issue here. :-(

Deleting the program removes quest mode characters. Story mode should be saved in cloud. So if you ever remove the program. Copy the save folder to Computer first. Ofcourse if the save file is corrupted, then it does not help...

Try first that restarting (full shutdown and boot) because it is easier. If that does not help. Then the reinstall is needed.

If you don't see old story mode characters, try to start the game From the game Center app (iPad) or google play Center (Android) sometimes the machine does not connect to the right account after reinstall...

There really has to be a better way to get an update than to delete the whole game possibly losing progress of characters. For now, since this is such a small update, I will wait to see if the developers come up with a better option. Thanks for all of the responses and ideas so far!

Grr, rebooted, reinstalled (well attempted as I can't reinstall), logged out and back into both GC and Apostore all to no avail. I'm on an iPad Pro, latest iOS 9.3.4 beta, and based in the San Jose, CA area (just a stone's throw from Apple's HQ).

Wondering if there is any progress on this issue. I'm afraid to keep trying the download since I noticed I lost progress on my quest group with my multiple attempts. Would love to enter my code for the new ally, but guessing it won't work until I am able to update. Thanks.

Thanks for the update. Just spent an hour trying all of those options. It seems to almost finish the update then at the last moment continues to give me the unable to download response. Signed out of game center and everything else is off. Have tried force closing everything -- all to no avail.

Just to clarify - if i were to uninstall and reinstall as a try for a fix right now -- i would lose all my quest progress? (also would i lose treasure chests, gold, treasure items??) Would really love to get this upgrade done, but don't want to lose all my progress. Wondering if the big patch might include this little patch too so that if we never get this resolved maybe the next update will work.

Just to clarify - if i were to uninstall and reinstall as a try for a fix right now -- i would lose all my quest progress? (also would i lose treasure chests, gold, treasure items??) 

Lose quest progress on app delete - Yes, it is only stored locally.

Lose gold or treasure chests/cards on app delete - No, that's in "the cloud."

For some additional App Store troubleshooting, try:

- Verify you actually have enough free space on the iPad.  Updates can fail or get stuck if the device is full.

- Try downloading some other random app.  It will at least verify your Apple ID, check your connection to the App Store, and can sometimes get stuck downloads going again.

- "The ten taps" : Open the App Store and tap on any one of the icons on the bottom (Featured, Explore, Updates, etc..) ten times.  It force-refreshes the App Store and can clear up some app download/install problems.

Adobe also has a really nice resource for App Store weirdness.  It is one of the better step-by-step guides out there.   Good luck!

Thanks for all the replies and ideas. I have been able to do multiple other updates in the last several days, so I know that isn't the problem. Hadn't heard of the 10 tap thing and got excited that maybe it would help -- but just sat through the whole spin of the circle only to get at the last moment again -- unable to download. Running out of ideas. Definitely don't want to lose all my quest progress so uninstalling isn't an option.