Hi guys, I m wondering if I choose correctly to give a weapon card to Lini, instead of an other offensive spell... Personally I don't like the weapon roll with her, but perhaps it could be useful in future... What do you think, do I have to change the built?

I have Lini with weapons and it is a valid option. Small monster hit with weapon and Animal boost. Bigger enemies needs weapon and animal boost and change Form discard. Really big boss will need attack spell and Animal boost.

So weapon gives you alternatives and Also save spell slots to utility spells!

Edited by Hannibal_PJV
  • Like 1

Its very valid and if not unique way to play her. My only problem with this is with 1 weapon how consistent it is to get it off the bat, or when you actually need it.

Stick with it and if its fun and works for you than its good ^^

your choices are valid,but honestly just 1 card(so it's difficult to have the right card at the right moment) to a magic oriented char that also has a low strength roll(I know,there's 'change form',but it buries a card If I well remember,and I hate to bury cards) is a waste....but guys,it's also true that each of us has own ways of playing...just my opinions ;)

• Like 1

your choices are valid,but honestly just 1 card(so it's difficult to have the right card at the right moment) to a magic oriented char that also has a low strength roll(I know,there's 'change form',but it buries a card If I well remember,and I hate to bury cards) is a waste....but guys,it's also true that each of us has own ways of playing...just my opinions ;)

It is a discard to change form, so it's not as bad.  You can also give her ranged weapons to use her Dexterity of D6 or D10 (if in beast form). Can she use weapons while in Beast Form?  I haven't ever tried that with her.

The problem is that she hasn't any melee/ranged base value. So get a 9 with just +2/3 of animal bonus is quite expensive, cause Beast Form just switches one dice. I normally discard the weapon to have a better bonus with low cost, because she has offensive spells and a good cure. Then Holy Light is so good, until AD3 at least.

Edited by RedPred

yes kurta,right :) i confused with the Barbarian power(that's however not the same effect,it adds a dice to str/con checks buring a card),sry me; I don't like too much lini ahahhahahaha I read it's a powerful char,If well built,but it doesnt inspirate me too much :)

I personally gave her a weapon card slot and weapon proficiency and equipped her with a Scythe +1 (4s become 5s on any d4 rolled). There are a lot of ways to get additional d4s on a combat check (like Harsk, Lem, Valeros, and my personal favorite Ezren with Incendiary Cloud) so along with her animal trick power you can be rolling a nice handful of dice. While it wouldn't be my first choice for running headfirst into villains (although I have!), it takes care of a lot of monsters and is good fun.

• Like 1

I usually treat Lini like a monk who can recover her blessings with magic and has some attack spells to back her up. With time, I realized that she needed natural attacks with the magic trait to face some of those monsters that could only be hurt by magic/magical weapons, so now I always replace that Sage's Journal that usually comes with her in her creation (before the first adventure, when managing the decks) with an Amulet of Mighty Fists, that inflicts essentially the same damage, but it is less situational, and gives the magic trait to her unarmed attacks. In the future, I usually replace this item with its superior versions (Amulet of Frozen Fists and Amulet of Shocking Fists). I believe that weapons are not something urgent in her build, at least in my playing style, but they could surely help her in combat. The problem is that I usually build her to fight using strength, and I know that it would be more useful to have some ranged weapon to not rely on her Beast Form all the time. Also, her hand size is too short for a spellcaster, especially one that needs to discard cards to improve her power in combat.

• Like 1

I have given lini the deathbane crossbow. shifts base dice from d4 to d6 and quite a lot of the monsters and most summons are under so she gets lots of use from the bonus dice against undead from the bow. Miserel is unhappy she lost out on the bow, however it is a better use.

I did try lini without weapon as first card slot and she was so much harder to play in combat. needed lots of team support

------------------------------------------------------------

Playing with

iPad mini 4th Gen iOS 10.3.3

Primary party

MERISIAL, EZREN, LINI, SEELAH

I have given lini the deathbane crossbow. shifts base dice from d4 to d6 and quite a lot of the monsters and most summons are under so she gets lots of use from the bonus dice against undead from the bow. Miserel is unhappy she lost out on the bow, however it is a better use.

I did try lini without weapon as first card slot and she was so much harder to play in combat. needed lots of team support

Finally the Lion reveals itself!!!

I like to give all the blessings of Gorum I find in the way for her to carry, so that when she fights unarmed, the attacks become more reliable (3d10 from Beast Form and one Blessing of Gorum + at least 1d4 from Wild Empathy + 1d4 from the Amulet, if available). I keep varying from this to attack spells and Cure spells to recover the blessings and card discarded because of Beast Form. As I said, I don't feel the need to give a weapon as her first Card Feat, I would rather give a Spell or Ally.

Instead of using the card feat for a weapon (that you're only going to get some of time, and might never get) why don't you just pass a weapon to her from Valeros, Harsk, or Amiri? Those three have weapon as their favored card type and start with a third of their cards as weapons so chances are that they'll have another weapon in hand.

Edited by imcalledtyler