Multiple Unique Allies?

My party of six in Quest Mode already has the unique allies Poog and Ilsoari in their decks, but each of them have been encountered again in scenarios.  Is this supposed to happen?  I thought that unique allies only had one copy of each in the vault.

Edited by kurtalb1

yes,u can encounter cards that u already have in your character decks,the only restriction is that,If you aquire,and they are more than u have in your vault,the surplus copies are deleted at the next scenario startup:

example, u have 2 copies of 'Noble brat' in vault, and there are one in Valeros deck and one in Merisiel deck; during a game,you encounter other 2 noble brats...if you acquire them and then add to merisiel and valeros decks(So u have 4 of them,2 per deck),when u star a new quest with Valeros and meri,u have to discard two of them,before playing(a menu appears and allows u to make this);If you add the two extra noble brats to other two characters,if in a game there are just 2 of them,u can use them without previously discard them;so,example,if u encounter two noble brats and add them to Ezren and Kyra,and they don't make a group with Val and Meri,there's no problem('cause,in game,just 2 cards are used in decks). the secret is to manage the groups in the correct way,knowing how many cards u have in the vault....especially for blue,purple or golden cards ;)

• Like 1

yes it's not told in game,but it was discussed in other threads :)...I have discovered that when I tried to give 'holy symbol' to Kyra and Seelah after aquiring these in one game,having just one in vault...u can imagine my face when one of these was brutally deleted...XD

yes,u can encounter cards that u already have in your character decks,the only restriction is that,If you aquire,and they are more than u have in your vault,the surplus copies are deleted at the next scenario startup:

example, u have 2 copies of 'Noble brat' in vault, and there are one in Valeros deck and one in Merisiel deck; during a game,you encounter other 2 noble brats...if you acquire them and then add to merisiel and valeros decks(So u have 4 of them,2 per deck),when u star a new quest with Valeros and meri,u have to discard two of them,before playing(a menu appears and allows u to make this);If you add the two extra noble brats to other two characters,if in a game there are just 2 of them,u can use them without previously discard them;so,example,if u encounter two noble brats and add them to Ezren and Kyra,and they don't make a group with Val and Meri,there's no problem('cause,in game,just 2 cards are used in decks). the secret is to manage the groups in the correct way,knowing how many cards u have in the vault....especially for blue,purple or golden cards ;)

Hmm ... was not aware of that and never noticed it before.  I will have to keep an eye on that.

It only happens if you mix parties. Characters that have adventured separately and then combine them into a party. 

I think.

I definitely have changed up parties as I randomly determine party size before each scenario in Quest Mode.

That's why you don't just keep 2 copies of each in the vault. Some cards you want to have a lot of in your vault because you might even need multiple copies per character and then each character on a deck of 6.

I definitely don't mind having multiple copies of generic cards in my characters decks, but I just don't want multiple copies of "unique" or "one-of-a-kind cards" (seems like cheating).  I'll just have to go out of my way to fail to acquire those specific cards. Not a big deal.  Thanks for all of the replies!

Be very careful when forming groups from a single party in story mode. I have all 12 characters completed in one party (waiting for 4), and I lost a copy of a one of the upgraded blessings. Harsk and Merisiel both have the death-bane light crossbow and I never put them together in a group for fear of losing one of the crossbows.