Best stratégy to beat Into the montain in Legendary mode ?

It's too hard...

all these henchmen, even the skeletons from the barrier card,

gave me force damages...

I'm playing with 6 characters,

and I can't find the right strategy to kill this scenario.

try to put them on the sames locations to easy their healing, but, I'm running out of time...

the wild cards are also very hard...

how can I win this game (and gain the splendid ranger bow !!) ?

who are your characters?

Well, trying to close everything will be against you definitely..its better to pack a lot of scrying and peekaboos if the force damages are getting to you.

I hope you have the Barbarian to ease up on the Mountain location.

Basically,

1. Spread out.

These will be definitely be tough on healing but would be better because we basically want to get the villain first rather than close every location.

2. Aggro-explore early till you down to same number of location as the number of your characters. And from then slowdown a bit..we want everyone in place for opportunity to close when we find the villain. Its easier when you found the villain in the first two closure so you can pigeonhole it on a location you can safely explorre ( auto fail on a location with least monster and traps)

But its all comes down to who your roster is. I hope you get what im trying to say ^^

Also you can group heroes on either side of the mountain and just move in when their turn comes to avoid the check. Definitely one to be closed first as its hard if you let someone stay there.

Edited by Bajie

who are your characters?

Well, trying to close everything will be against you definitely..its better to pack a lot of scrying and peekaboos if the force damages are getting to you.

Basically,

1. Spread out.

These will be definitely be tough on healing but would be better because we basically want to get the villain first rather than close every location.

2. Aggro-explore early till you down to same number of location as the number of your characters. And from then slowdown a bit..we want everyone in place for opportunity to close when we find the villain. Its easier when you found the villain in the first two closure so you can pigeonhole it on a location you can safely explorre ( auto fail on a location with least monster and traps)

But its all comes down to who your roster is. I hope you get what im trying to say ^^

Also you can group heroes on either side of the mountain and just move in when their turn comes to avoid the check. Definitely one to be closed first as its hard if you let someone stay there.

thanks,

you have quiet the same strategy than me

so spread everyone... try to close montain first... ok..

I don't have the barbarian.

my roster is

Priest // Warrior // Ranger // Mage // Rogue // Bard

Hopefully I've got from my mage one scrying and one augury... but, until then, it wasn't enough...

I was not lucky with goblin raiders, skeleton and skinshaws cultists... when they come... all my strategy falls down...

who are your characters?

Basically,

1. Spread out.

wouhou !!!

Victory with only 2 blessings left.

two dead characters and a lot of chance in my last rolls... great ! Very difficult but... well... fun... but the "all henchmen" is too heavy... maybe "henchmen from locations" is quiet enough.

thanks !

• Like 2

but the "all henchmen" is too heavy... maybe "henchmen from locations" is quiet enough.

Yeah, I can't help but feel like this isn't intended. Summoned henchmen shouldn't trigger the force damage, just like you can't close a location after beating a summoned henchman.

Good job on beating it though! Took me a few tries, luck really needs to be on your side with this one. Funny enough, when I did finally win it was a pretty easy win. I scouted the villain pretty early with an Augury, closed a couple of locations without much trouble, got everyone setup to temp close the rest and went all Kickpuncher on the Villain.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I found this module to be exceptionally challenging on Legendary, especially when I kept finding Skinsaw Rituals that would summon a cultist for each party member :x Eventually I went modified my party to just a single character equipped with two Staff of Minor Healing and was able to push through all the automatic damage. Going at it with a larger party was just not working for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I did it with a party of 4. The star of my party was lini who can close most of the locations, and with an animal ally can deal with the mountain. Also 3 cure spells don't hurt lol. My other party members were Ezrin (he is a exploration beast and I had shiedron medallion), valaros ( all his armors help with the damage), and harsk ( I just like how he helps others). It took like 8 tries, but with a little luck it was doable.

• 2 weeks later...

An other strategy you can use is avoiding to close all the locations, just temp close. You need of course to close at least 2 locations, in all cases. But after that no need to close everything else.

You need:

- cards to inspect the locations decks (I have many of them, both items and spells) to find villain and henchmen.

- characters that can close easily the 6 starting locations you choose

- characters with armors/defensive items (to mitigate the damage)

Completed with a 6-party at first attempt and 7 blessing in the pile.

Edited by RedPred

I just beat this today with a 6 character party - Valeros, Lem, Kyra, Harsk, Seoni, Sajan.  My strategy was to defeat as few of the henchmen as possible, and I had to take damage to do it, but it was easier to do that and be able to absorb the damage using things like Mirror Image which don't work with the scenario power.