Design for Final Fantasy Style Game

s13ep

The main character's name means good light, he is against evil light on his planet. The cover art for this game would be the protagonist in a calm blue to depict forethought, and in black the antagonist with with two handguns. They cross each other.

The main character is a tactician, he leads a hero character in sepia, greyscale, blue and red, and two in black. These are all the hero characters in the game, some come later.

The antagonist is in command of the speed of light, he has two handguns that orbit him at the speed of light. Magic in this game is based on the speed of light, and some characters are not effected. The main character, sepia and greyscale character's are not effected.

The sepia character is a super solider in sepia coloured advanced armour with headgear.

The greyscale character is a spy, in dark and light grey espionage gear.

The main character is tactician, but also a marksman holding one handgun...

The antagonist is the depiction of War, and all hero characters including the protagonist are reflections of War, to varied degrees.

The protagonist is humane, he shouts orders and is an influential character. He speaks profoundly and has a great heart. He represents what's nearest to good light, while the antagonist is what's against good light.

Enemies in the game are abstractions of weaponry, dimensional creatures or other humans.

The protagonist makes a promise to his planet, that he will make the light good. The lore of the speed of light is that it's irreversible but it was discovered by the antagonist.

The human body is effected by evil light, some can harness it's power and use it for good, and they are called magic artists. Their art is volatile, and they do not have full control, rather, they are skilled enough to manipulate evil light.

Some are physically immune, some are diseased or abstracted by evil light. The premise is that evil light effects all, but the effect has spread, with different velocity. For the protagonist, the effect is only the experience of the story.

Magic is as you would expect in a final fantasy styled game; the elements, time, space, etc. In this game, magic is speed of light themed; and there would be new magic unthought of: dimensional magic; manipulating universal forces; evil magic; manipulating individual forces. 

Evil magic and dimensional magic are scarce, they are signs in the story, of how it could end in a good or evil light.

Evil magic is what it is, an evil, black substance. Dimensional magic is of an epic nature, starry and swirling. It's the possibility of dimensional magic that guides the protagonist and his friends, and evil magic is opposed.

I theorize that these special types of magic are event-driven, appearing as 'combo-breaks', 'limit-breaks' or 'special-events'.

Sepia and Greyscale characters are male and female, fatherly and motherly, partners. They both make a sacrifice – she puts herself in danger, and he conquers the danger. 

The Red and Blue characters are a white mage and black mage; Blue is attuned with water, and Red is attuned with fire. They are magic artists, and thus have harnessed evil light.

The additional two Black characters represent disease and abstraction. They are superficial Sepia and Greyscale characters, formed out of evil light. They are event-driven but with constant use – successful combos allow for more advanced than Sepia and Greyscale commands.

There are battles all over the world, but the theme is more orientated around a utopia and a dystopia side – opposed desert and flourishing conditions with areas of transition.

In the end, the protagonist defeats the antagonist, and evil light is conquered. The main character dies in the final battle, and the universe becomes attuned with dimensional magic.

Edited by s13ep

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

I can come up with new concepts fluently.

I'm a skilled writer, scientist and philosopher, and I would like to offer my services to anyone who sees potential in my discipline and virtuosity.

Please send me a private message if my service could be useful!

Edited by s13ep

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

Mr Ep, not to belittle your idea in anyway or diminish your hopes, but I don't think you're going about this in the correct manner: Anybody can form a plot, write a description of it and have the initial brainstorming, in a creative medium there are probably dozens of workers eager to do so. What would probably stand out is implementation, don't just design something on paper, get a demo of it working in some kind of engine, whether the NWN, Dungeon Siege or GECK it doesn't matter so long as you prove you have the ability, drive and desire to make something in the field you wish to work in.

Send the end product to a local developer who is hiring and see if you can arrange an interview, a work trial, criticism or something. A post about a JRPG plot in a WRPG forum is not likely to be noticed, it is more likely to be ignored or ridiculed friend. Still best of British.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Mr Ep, not to belittle your idea in anyway or diminish your hopes, but I don't think you're going about this in the correct manner: Anybody can form a plot, write a description of it and have the initial brainstorming, in a creative medium there are probably dozens of workers eager to do so. What would probably stand out is implementation, don't just design something on paper, get a demo of it working in some kind of engine, whether the NWN, Dungeon Siege or GECK it doesn't matter so long as you prove you have the ability, drive and desire to make something in the field you wish to work in.

Send the end product to a local developer who is hiring and see if you can arrange an interview, a work trial, criticism or something. A post about a JRPG plot in a WRPG forum is not likely to be noticed, it is more likely to be ignored or ridiculed friend. Still best of British.

There is always the small chance my virtuosity is the diamond in the rough.

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

TBH, he's trolling the plot of FFXV.

But kudos to him, no mention of spiky haircuts!!!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I've played most of the FFs, but I don't really get the joke. 

Also, I'm 99% sure you're joking, but in case you aren't: Nonek is right. Publishers don't accept plots from randoms, no matter how blessed they are with talent. 

Edited by Heijoushin

I've played most of the FFs, but I don't really get the joke.

*hint* Noctis */hint*

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'm under the impression my finishing touch is to be desired.

I got meaning strapped to this story setting, right down to the bullets in Man's guns.

I can produce story settings like this fluently.

It's not what I write about, it's what I know before I write [ that's to be desired ].

You're right though, not that it's any more significant than being wrong; we don't live in an ideal world, where one's natural gift is taken over one's political grade!

P.S. I'm not 'random', this is pseudo-intelligence.

I mean, you couldn't add ALL the meaning into this story setting, could you? I could. So, what does mean? I'm wiser? My finishing touch is desirable, by you?

Edited by s13ep

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

Aspiring weeaboo fantasy writer whose work its subtle enough to pass as Western. I like this new troll, let's see how far it can go, I doubt that it will very forthcoming on the discussion but this forum's trolls have surprised me before.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

All designs should start with a good concept.

Concepts help greatly in creating design, but point was that you tittled this thread as "Design for Final Fantasy Style Game", but you offered only bit detailed concept of an idea for a game.

• Like 1

Concepts help greatly in creating design, but point was that you tittled this thread as "Design for Final Fantasy Style Game", but you offered only bit detailed concept of an idea for a game.

The concept is so finely tuned, that the final design would be easy to imagine.

I have not filled in each and every small detail, but doing so would be like colouring in a picture.

Think of it as a masterpiece; it's a work of art, and it's very influential.

Edited by s13ep

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

I have not filled in each and every small detail, but doing so would be like colouring in a picture.

You haven't done anything that comes even close to that. It is even hard to tell what is your actual concept for the game as whole. There is general sense of idea like red house, but that is quite little to go forward in building actual house.

• Like 1

You haven't done anything that comes even close to that. It is even hard to tell what is your actual concept for the game as whole. There is general sense of idea like red house, but that is quite little to go forward in building actual house.

That is absolute egoism.

It's another case of man who is not apt enough to see a certain potential, and man treats his own ineptitude as a reason to say no-one can see it's potential.

I'm not being mean, but creatively, I'm more apt.

I see the potential in most things!

At least my egoism is spread among the characters in my concept, whereas yours is based on your own ineptitude to do the same.

Edited by s13ep

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

There is a lot of meaning to be extracted here.

For example.

The antagonist's weapons are symbolic of the antagonist's character in the story.

The antagonist's dual handguns symbolize 'his ego', and 'his promise'.

The antagonist crosses the protagonist with his handguns in the conceptual cover art. This is to show how his ego and his promise disrupt the forethought of the protagonist.

The cover art, if designed fluently, may show an expression of the protagonist in way that depicts his reception.

His countenance is not to be lowered, but contested by the literal ego of the antagonist. The higher handgun in the cover art is 'his ego', and it's position is across the temple of the protagonist.

The antagonist's promise, makes the protagonist cross. This is an emotional effect, and it's where an artistic eye is required. The calm blue of the protagonist must be the absolution of his overall expression, and the protagonist must be fulfilled by the colour, enough to show promise of his own.

The lower handgun of the antagonist is across the protagonist's mouth, and is symbolic of the antagonist's promise directly effecting the protagonist's own.

All in all, what's depicted is the protagonist knowing the antagonist, and the antagonist knowing the protagonist; this knowledge is repented by the protagonist. The protagonist's knowledge of the antagonist, is also knowledge of the antagonist's knowledge.

The knowledge of the antagonist is over the protagonist's mind ( depicted in the cover art ); the further knowledge, is under the protagonist's heart ( depicted in the cover art ).

The protagonist's heart is what is against the ego of the antagonist, and the protagonist's mind is what is against the promise of the antagonist; though, in the cover art, his ego is across the temple and his promise is across the mouth. Again, an artistic eye is required to depict this; the heart of the protagonist is power, and the mind of the protagonist is speed. 

To conclude, the protagonist is the depiction of good light, and the antagonist is the depiction of evil light, and the two are at war. Good light and evil light have opposite reactions to war; evil light, wants war, good light, needs war.

Edited by s13ep

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

I think you are mixing up egoism with arrogance. And if your idea is so good, you certainly should add in the details before exposing it. I mean, even if a vague sketch can be art on itself, it generally benefits from time and effort.

Plus, your outline is so vague that the problem is not being unable to see potential, but the lack of restriction to said potential. After all, what has more potential than a blank page yet to be written?

Edited by DreamWayfarer

I think you are mixing up egoism with arrogance. And if your idea is so good, you certainly should add in the details before exposin bit. I mean, even if a vague sketch can be art on itself, it generally benefits from time and effort.

Plus, your outline is so vague that the problem is not being unable to see potential, but the lack of restriction to said potential. After all, what has more potential than a blank page yet to be written?

It's not a blank page mate,

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

I think you are mixing up egoism with arrogance. And if your idea is so good, you certainly should add in the details before exposin bit. I mean, even if a vague sketch can be art on itself, it generally benefits from time and effort.

It's not a blank page mate,

You interesting s13ep, I'm sorry people seem to be getting so defensive and criticizing you on different levels 

I'm not sure why but  I think its because you are very direct? Anyway I'll be honest I battle to follow some of what you post but that cant be unusual for you, do you find people dont always understand what you post ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

All in all, what's depicted is the protagonist knowing the antagonist, and the antagonist knowing the protagonist; this knowledge is repented by the protagonist. The protagonist's knowledge of the antagonist, is also knowledge of the antagonist's knowledge.

The knowledge of the antagonist is over the protagonist's mind ( depicted in the cover art ); the further knowledge, is under the protagonist's heart ( depicted in the cover art ).

The protagonist's heart is what is against the ego of the antagonist, and the protagonist's mind is what is against the promise of the antagonist; though, in the cover art, his ego is across the temple and his promise is across the mouth. Again, an artistic eye is required to depict this; the heart of the protagonist is power, and the mind of the protagonist is speed. 

To conclude, the protagonist is the depiction of good light, and the antagonist is the depiction of evil light, and the two are at war. Good light and evil light have opposite reactions to war; evil light, wants war, good light, needs war.

The cover art doesn't fulfill the story, but it has the capacity to contain an entire story.

There are many events and characters that can be imagined in reference to just the cover art.

Edited by s13ep

King of Kings

Lord of Lords