Inspiration:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6lvvHuuI4kZaHJqejNYNThrems/view?usp=sharing

U9psm4v.jpg?1

BkU9MLd.png?1

Interpretation:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6lvvHuuI4kZOEFlNWh3QjVITXM/view?usp=sharing
mA7FOt8.png

In case if it is not obvious enough,I traced in game icon of a globe (presumably of Eora itself). Because of a heavy pixelation this mockup is in no way geographically correct in details (hense why I call it interpretation). Still I hope it can give you some shape of the world we all love and play.

On the drawing you can see the Sun,two moons - Ondra's Beloved and The Black Runner plus the third,extinct one called err...Abydon's Folly,Godhammer 0.5,Celestial Spoiler Supreme..? (Your own names are welcome!) Oh and Eora ofcourse.

So all of this said and done,can you find Free Palatinate of Dyrwood?

Edited by Mraicor
  • Like 6

Just my guess but pretty sure this is just some icon one of their junior graphic artists came up with and not the actual world Eora.

If they go with it then fine but their creative potential shouldn't get locked away because some guy on the net thought the icon was the real thing.

Edited by Ohmega
  • Like 1

The only problem I have with the idea is that it looks like the actual world map with slight tweaks.  I would rather their world map just be their own thing.

There's not a lot you can really do with a map of an earth-like planet. There's going to be bits that are not water and then there are going to be bits which are water. Some bits will be of different color than other bits. ... That is all. Based on what we've seen in-game, Eora most likely is a spherical world as opposed to a cosmic turtle ridden by elephants or something along those lines, so there's jut not much space for creativity there (unless you want continents to look like little animals)

• 7 months later...

I recall in one of the Q&A Livestreams, the reason they haven't released any sort of world map is because they don't want to commit to anything yet. Or something to that effect. Building an entire plant is a difficult task.

Someone posed the idea of a 'fake' work map, a map of what characters in game think they world looks like.

So

There is that.

It is human nature to seek culpability in a time of tragedy. It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one’s head and succumb. Inevitably many will fault the hands upon the sword which felled Typhon, the Ordo Malleus. But the Inquisition merely performs the duty of its office. To further fear them is redundant; to hate them, heretical. Those more sensible will place responsibility with those who forced the hands of the Inquisition. With some fortune, they may foster this hatred into purpose, and further rule their own fate by coming to the Emperor’s service.

Yet ultimately, it was I who set these events into motion, with a single blow from my hammer, God Splitter.

-Gabriel Angelos, of the Blood Ravens 4th Company