[3.03] Sound issues with Torment's Reach hitting multiple foes

desel

Question

May be just something with my system (or a quirk specific to Unity) but I noticed some heavy audio drops and sound cutting out completely (music is unaffected though) right after hitting lots of enemies (half a dozen and then some) with the Monk's Torment's Reach ability all at the same time.

It's as if there's a limit to how many instances of the ability's "crunchy" sound FX can be played simultaneously. Assuming that each hit in the area of effect = one separate "crunchy" sound effect played out, which seems to be the case(?).

youtube.com/watch?v=fPuBclpo5BU

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

On that note - is it too late to ask for an option (under "Graphics") that would allow the floating red damage numbers (or green healing numbers) as well as any of the floating status notifications ("Stunned!", "Disengage!", etc) to be deactivated?

I always wondered why this wasn't, for instance baked into Expert Mode in the first place. The combat log already does meticulously list all those things for people to look up and review anyway, so... would it be possible to implement another checkbox to deactivate this essentially redundant information?

Anyone else noticing this?

I would be content with an official "this is a known issue, but we cannot fix it unfortunately" too. Especially if it's actually something related to Unity that's causing this. No engine is perfect.

I haven't come across the specific issue you described, but have had audio problems since lauch with various sound effects: Character voices, spell sounds, weapons hitting eneimes etc. Apparently those kind of sound effects are limited to a pretty low number that can play simultaneously. I noticed this on multiple systems, too. So I don't think it is a problem with my audio hardware or drivers.

The audio did not cut out completly on any occasion, though.

By the way: Has the problem with character spellcasting voices (male)  etc. being too quiet ever been fixed?