Tha Land of bat**** crazy (Austin Texas shootings)

Darkpriest

Only shot women? The answer is obvious. #GamerGate has gone lethal.

You're Kotaku's head researcher aren't you?

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Eh, if you want to review every random US shooting, I found the Gun Violence Archive. Seems to be current but I cant speak for its accuracy. :shrugz:

Gfted1 its probably best you review this as you have the most insight and interest in providing accurate information. Please spend the rest of your weekend analyzing and summarizing all the shootings in the USA, this is one of those " I want to feel good about myself " opportunities  :p

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Eh, if you want to review every random US shooting, I found the Gun Violence Archive. Seems to be current but I cant speak for its accuracy. :shrugz:

I read it first with a quick glance and was shocked at how many it was. Then I noticed it was only the last 72 hours. Then I noticed there more pages... many more pages =]

How do you guys keep the US from being completely depopulated???

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

From the blog of an author who lives down there...

Last night our oldest daughter was supposed to go downtown Austin, to 6th street, to meet her friend and go to a party.  She had a stomach ache and ended up not going, so her friend went by herself.

The woman next to my child’s friend was shot.

I don’t get political on this blog often, but I am doing so now. I will vote for anyone – anyone – who enacts stricter gun laws in this country.  I’m tired of worrying that my children will get shot at a grocery store, at a movie, at a party, at college, or walking down the street.

My children shouldn’t be dodging bullets in United States of America in 2016.

Comments are locked for a reason.  If you email me to tell me some NRA bull****, your email will be deleted by Susan.  I don’t care if you are a responsible gun owner.  Because for every responsible gun owner there are enough of the irresponsible gun owners who shoot into a crowd of college kids on Saturday night. If you are truly a responsible gun owner, then you would not mind stricter regulation, because you care about lives of others and you have no problem meeting all requirements and proving that you can be trusted with a gun.

I am done. Truly and completely done.  Give me mandatory gun insurance, classes, and stricter regulation, and you will have my vote and my donation to your campaign.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

What gun can shoot 30 highly accurate rounds in seconds?

I am done. Truly and completely done.  Give me mandatory gun insurance, classes, and stricter regulation, and you will have my vote and my donation to your campaign.

None of which would've prevented anything. These are just ideas to harass law abiding people. Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

What gun can shoot 30 highly accurate rounds in seconds?

None of which would've prevented anything. These are just ideas to harass law abiding people.

Still valid.

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken