White March II - Ready the Canons Bug

Buttercheese

Question

Hello, I am having a problem with the quest "Ready the Cannons" in the White March 2. Even though I technically completed the quest, it doesn't update. The quest log still says that I have to repair the elevator even though I am already on the top of the tower and activated the big sphere thing in the centre. (It won't let me attach the savegame to the post, so I uploaded it externatly here.)

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

post-105971-0-91281200-1469884322_thumb.jpg

post-105971-0-75457000-1469884328_thumb.jpg

Edited by Buttercheese

8 answers to this question

Hmmm.... I see the bug in your save, but cannot for the life of me reproduce it. I'm guessing it has something to do with the order you fix the elevator and maybe even combined with the elevator SI.

So many possibilities

- Sking 

i can tell you the steps as i remember them.

first time arrival at the elevator the lever was fixed with the crowbar/prybar immediately. then i went around the level to get the remaining stuff, including the dwarven lever.

when i got there the remaining stuff was fixed and the elevator went up. never got to use the dwarven lever (and must be what the quest log is waiting for).

Edited by dropko

i can tell you the steps as i remember them.

first time arrival at the elevator the lever was fixed with the crowbar/prybar immediately. then i went around the level to get the remaining stuff, including the dwarven lever.

when i got there the remaining stuff was fixed and the elevator went up. never got to use the dwarven lever (and must be what the quest log is waiting for).

I've tried that, along with any other combination I can think of..... I've started throwing save/load and resting into the mix. Still no luck

What was so wrong with stairs

- Sking