I personally use clothing because most of the robes provide useless stats, some even have attribute enchanted already, with the cost of refined durgan ingot going up I kinda feels like it's a waste of resource, but if you really want to use durgan enchanted robes I think the best ones are the +2 lore +2 int robe from endless path level 3 ogre quest, and the +10 spell defense robe from monk quest in act 3. I used the durgan lore robe when I was killing sky dragon and adra dragon, so I could reach high level in survival while still being able to use paralyze scrolls, along with +2 per helmet and + 6 accuracy to beast cloak. I wanted to use the +10 spell defense robe before, but now it seems like that 10 spell defense, or the extra bit of DR, won't really save me from anything.

I guess I was thinking specifically for my Paladin, because they have Zealous Endurance and Second Skin already plus I'm aiming for Survival DR bonuses - which means they can have high DR without compromising overly much on DPS. I didn't know if there was some gameplay tweak (e.g. durganisizing clothing, or something insane) that made clothing a preferential option when you could have a little DR with robes or padded (which when combined with previously sources of DR, at least on a Paladin, equates to something much more substantial). Good to know it isn't, so I can keep DPSing my socks off without hindering my DR - in someways Zealous Endurance is like a mini Armored Grace if you pick lower DR armors.

Edited by Jojobobo

I'd just go for Durganized Robe/Padded/Hide with some nice unique enchantment on it. If you can spare the ingots, why not? Seems a bit of a waste to use it on clothing when you have no armour speed penalty to begin with. Even if you go slightly higher with Hide and you don't quite get to zero recovery, the difference is still quite incremental, and the additional DR and whatever uniques the armour has might still be well worth the slight loss in attack speed.

Yeah, I would never spend durgan steel on clothes. But most of the time I don't have enough steel for all the armor and weapons, so the ranged glasscannons (if any) who are not supposed to get hit will wear clothes for max attack speed.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

If you use a Durgan ingot on clothes, does it offset the penalty of Vulnerable Strike or Penetrating Shot? Or doesn't the game allow for the idea of negative recovery? I'm not a frapsing wizard, so I can't test this ever so effectively.

Seeing as I always currently play solo, and will likely pick the option for efficient ingot use, the idea of wasting them isn't so much an issue. 

No, it does nothing for your speed. There's no "negative penalty" or something like that. That part is just wasted on clothes. The rest, like crit-to-hit conversion, works.  

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods