Quest Mode Details-- how to gain cards beyond tier B

I've started playing Quest Mode a bit. I have a few characters up to level 9.

I'm just puzzled why no cards show up higher than B's, no matter what difficulty I try.

Can anyone explain how card acquisition works in Ques Mode? When do I get tier 1 cards? (I've completed Story Mode through Adventure 3.)

Thanks!

Yes, and if you look at characters' progress tab Quest, you'll see which level they are and what every level unlocks. Then you ll have to play really a lot to unlock AD2 at 20 and AD3 at 30, ..

But Quest progresses are quite slower than Story ones, so if you need gold (like me to unlock something or to buy AD4 in August) better a Legendary in Story where you can get good cards for your characters also :)

But Quest progresses are quite slower than Story ones, so if you need gold (like me to unlock something or to buy AD4 in August) better a Legendary in Story where you can get good cards for your characters also :)

Worth noting that you get better cards faster in Story mode, but those don't affect the cards or characters in Quest mode.  The only solution for your Quest mode characters is to play a lot. 

In general, I find Quest mode seems to do better for gold and Story mode faster for character development (i.e. feats).  It could be my anecdotal evidence, but I find Quest mode on normal difficulty with 4 characters goes faster.  You get more gold in Story for playing Legendary, but I must not be that good at the game because by the time I've won a Legendary Story scenario I can win a couple of normal Quest scenarios.

• Like 1

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

Worth noting that you get better cards faster in Story mode, but those don't affect the cards or characters in Quest mode.  The only solution for your Quest mode characters is to play a lot. 

In general, I find Quest mode seems to do better for gold and Story mode faster for character development (i.e. feats).  It could be my anecdotal evidence, but I find Quest mode on normal difficulty with 4 characters goes faster.  You get more gold in Story for playing Legendary, but I must not be that good at the game because by the time I've won a Legendary Story scenario I can win a couple of normal Quest scenarios.

Yes, I agree with you mate. I was just saying that farming cards on Story is faster and then is also faster the gold farming cause characters are better equipped to close quickly (specially some scenarios).

At the moment I m playing a lot only one scenario in Story mode Legendary difficulty just for gold (I still miss some characters). In 20-25 min I can close it with 6 chars. In Quest mode it will be impossible for me at the moment to get all the cards I m using and level up all the characters to have roles on each one... and to get that specific scenario randomized.

I don't know how much exp do you need to unlock roles, but with my progression at lvl 18 it was 4-5 scenarios normal difficulty for just one level up.. So I think really a lot of time. And the cards pool is very limited for me (B+AD1, also no treasure chests bought).

Then with the AD4 that is coming in August, I need additional 4K gold saved, and all chars have to be ready, trained and well equipped... and I m far away from that :)

I have started playing Story mode with a new party again myself.  In Quest I like switching things up a lot, but I often end up with the same set of characters in a scenario.  So, since I seem to like those better than the original set I had play the Story with I went back to restart those as the new party.  I am definitely seeing more gold and cards in Story mode now.  It used to be the other way around until this last update.  I still like Quest mode's variability, but Story is better for gold.  The down side is farming in Story means playing Legendary difficulty, and as much as I love this game I'm not good enough to consistently win Legendary scenarios.  That's probably why I just stick with the daily gold and have fun instead.  On normal it takes me about the same number of scenarios to win the feats - I can close more often in Quest mode but it seems to take longer to rack up the XP needed to match the Story mode rewards.  Given that, just for farming, Story mode grinding makes sense.

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki