Do you guys think the godlike abilities are worth the helmet slot for a solo playthrough?

I have started two wizards for a solo playthrough, one orlan and another moon godlike hoping I would be able to compare, and early on vs the bears the moon godlike was wayyyyy better, but I keep thinking about how useful many helmets are and I am not sure how silver tide scale later on...

It seems that I also have to heavily invest into MIG and CON to make the healing worth and currently (maybe wrongly?) I prefered maxing INT and PER at the start.

What do you guys think?

Edited by dambros

Being a godlike meaning losing anti stuck, can make some ranger bounty encounters a bit more painful than it should I guess, since they can root you from like 20 meters away, there should be scrolls for it though.

Moon godlike feel strong in the beginning, but the whole racial is a laugh if you compare it with what you can get (+4 str helmet + unbending 1/ encounter/ +3 str and retaliation-conservation/ helmets that Grant immunities), so in late game i always regret it a bit. Could help in a party thoug. But potions can do a similar job and be racial-free in cost.

Fire godlike is good if you build around his retaliation.

Other have just so bad racials that they are clearly beyond other helmed reces.

Imho: i like tham for flavour, but not for powerplay.

Also Druids and Priests both have a spell anti immobilization.

In my experience, it worths it for a moon godlike, perhaps for a fire one (but it was not so efficient for my playstyle). Death and Nature godlikes do no worth it. Pallegina is a special case : her godlike bonus is meh but her unique powers are so good that she worths it anyway.

I had a moon goflike rogue once, and silvertide really helped her tankyness, and even helped the whole party. In my experience, silver tide was a very solid choice, but of course you should avoid it on backrow caster, and it can be an overkill on a too resilient front row melee.

As a final note, a spiritshifted druid looses bonus of all his/her equipment, but not godlike bonus. So for druids, taking a godlike worths it a bit more.

Edited by Elric Galad

Moon and Fire can be worth it in my opinion. Moon starts strong but becomes a bit weak later on - but it stays to be good in a party.

Fire is the opposite: starts weak but becomes very powerful with the right talents and abilities. I scales with level and it's the only godlike racial ability which you can directly influence with talents (Scion, Vulnerable Attack, Savage Attack...) and abilities (all universal damage buffs like Deathblows, One Stands Alone, Blooded and so on, melee lashes like Turning Wheel...).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I think they're about on par. I'm playing a Hearth Orlan currently, and the Defiant Resolve racial is pretty lack lustre (considering it's supposed to be one of the better ones), but the addition of a helmet slot is nice. On the flip side, Moon Godlikes get rather enormous heals (195 at level 16, without factoring in Might scaling or Survival/item bonuses) and Fire Godlikes do pretty hefty retaliation damage.

Boreal Dwarves and Island Aumaua also have nice racials. If you're going for a kiter, this all becomes irrelevant as you may as well always take a Wood Elf.

Death godlike for a full party is worthwhile because you have 1 extra INT for your AoE radius. You benefit from the +15% damage against NPCs under 25% health more as a caster with high base damage and damage over time attacks more than melee classes limited by the lower base damage of weapons. For the purpose of damage, you can't wear the 4 MIG helm but you can wear 3 MIG gear and someone else in the party with higher accuracy can wear the 10% crit helm. The racial holds its own, but mainly INT is such a boss stat for Wiz - and you get both at lvl 1.

Think class also matters. Haven't thought too much about it but having just played a Fire Godlike monk through to level 16... in the later levels it's absolutely not worth it for a monk to be a godlike class. Not because helms are particularly amazing for monks but you can use the helm to bolster stats and free up an other item slot for an item with more active abilities/effects. I.e. instead of a belt with +3 Might, you can take a Helmet with +3 Might and have the belt Nature's Embrace or Girdle of the Driving Wave or something similar. There are (probably) some decent helmets out there for a monk (not sure... was playing Fire Godlike so I don't know) but point is that monks use items more effectively and the item slots are more valuable than on other classes. At least that's what I've found.

I don't think it's as important on offensive spellcasters for example who can get away with fewer stat bonuses.

Edited by Ohmega

If your monk has high CON, Turning Wheel and Scion of Flame plus Blood Testament Gloves then Fire Godlike is one of the best racial feats acutally at lvl 16. There are not many things that deal more than 100 damage per hit wihtout doing anything but getting slapped.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

If your monk has high CON, Turning Wheel and Scion of Flame plus Blood Testament Gloves then Fire Godlike is one of the best racial feats acutally at lvl 16. There are not many things that deal more than 100 damage per hit wihtout doing anything but getting slapped.

It's possible to do that much damage but the average is more like 47 damage (about the same as 1 melee attack which, as a monk, you can do in about 1 second yourself). Normally hits for 30 and crits at 60. Not about to go around saying "it hits for 100" whenever you get hit. Still good but then you're counting on melee damage, enemy attack speeds and your endurance being under 50%. All I can say is... it's a pretty specific build and play style. I'm not sure how worth it it is, I'll have to play another monk to find out I suppose.

Point is... your class matters as well when it comes to Godlikes.

Edited by Ohmega