Is it me or Alpine Dragon in White March is the strongest or hardest fight of the game.

My team keeps getting stunned so nothing is going on lol.

I killed the lich in 2 tries easy.... following this board.... even the Adra Dragon became easy lol.

But the Alpine dragon.... I am just stun all the time

you can try to petrify it, it's pretty much immune to all CC besides petrify and dominate i think, since it's prone resistance is very high, or if you have a cipher you can try to phase it out with the tier 7 spell, kill all the trash then fully buff up with priest to fight it.

If you've done the lich and have a wizard you should have the spell Concelhaut's Crushing Doom, I've found it can stunlock pretty much anything at least on hard difficulty, even dragons since the prone uses a reflex save.

Pre buffs before using it would be something like Eldritch aim, Devotions of the Faithful, and Prayer against Fear (use a scroll for Prayer for faster prebuffing if you want).  I think I recall the blind debuff may have been an issue in that fight too, not sure, but you may want to prepare a countermeasure for that too.  If you can successfully cast it at the beginning of the fight, you should have enough time to clear out the adds so that you can focus on the dragon.  I also tend to use characters as decoys to buy time for pre buffing, which I resurrect later in the battle if they get taken out.

Positioning matters alot.

What you can do is to get your sturdiest char to get the dragons attention and lead it to face the left side, buffing the tank as much as you can with defensive effects. The rest of your party buff themselves on the right. Once Alpine gets affected by any effects or attacks (aura counts), the phantoms will spawn on the right. Your buffed party are in a good position to take them down first, while your tank holds his ground. Alpine also might path inefficiently to your tank due to the slow moving blights.

From there it is about clearing the mobs fast (phantoms gets priority) to get Alpine alone. As with most dragons, stay on its sides. Front gets breath attacks, rear gets tail swipe. Always have Prayer against Fear on.

I already done 2 PotD Trial of Iron Alpine fights on 2.03 and 3.03 with different party composition and it has been smooth with this opening strategy.

If you are referring to the Phantom's attacks then there another aspect to consider. From my experience (without peeking at the codes), Phantoms seem to have a preferential targeting behavior.

In my experience, it is my party's spellcasters that get the attacks. So unless everyone's Fort is that high in a 6man party to be out of graze range, someone is most probably getting stunned.

Edited by mosspit

Nevermind i killed him right after this post.... now its Tsurifulgus that's not killable.... Llengrath' fight.... I meant wtf.... I reloaded 200 times lol... I cant kill him but i kill everyone else. Althught its a different party rooster

Based on second Murphy Law which says that if something don't work and you tell it to everybody, it would suddenly work, you should beat it soon.

More seriously, I think paralyzis works very well on it.

Edited by Elric Galad

Based on second Murphy Law which says that if something don't work and you tell it to everybody, it would suddenly work, you should beat it soon.

More seriously, I think paralyzis works very well on it.

It actually worked right after.... changing my party composition .... I oblitared everything.

I killed Thaos with 1 hit.... way to end it lol