[3.03] Every single map reset

dambros

Question

After 40hrs of playthrough on my solo PotD run everything simply reset (all wilderness areas have fog of war and mobs again) and I can't even enter Heritage Hill anymore because the door key is missing.

I don't know what caused this, but this is a game breaking bug. I am probably sure the end game achievs won't trigger as well since everything has reset...

Savegame: https://we.tl/lhqHXlwy4m

Any solutions?

Edited by dambros

5 answers to this question

Hey dambros,

There are a few known issues dealing with this. The main one is caused by accessing the same save in two different copies of Pillars. Did you ever have two versions of Pillars running at the same time?

- Sking

Hey dambros,

There are a few known issues dealing with this. The main one is caused by accessing the same save in two different copies of Pillars. Did you ever have two versions of Pillars running at the same time?

- Sking

Yes, I did today :/ I was alt tabbing and pressed space on the steam window instead of the game window and it launched Pillars in the background which I instantly closed after  I realized it was running. I didn't load anything on that second version of the game though, I simply closed the window without accessing anything on the game menu.

Is there something I can do? I don't have any saves since I always overwrite the previous ones...

Thats a bad effect, can i kindly ask that you put a lock on the folder which prevents such damaging behavior?

^ This.  Or prevent the game opening a second session while one session is running?

The game hung when I Alt-tabbed out to Windows while in a loading screen a week or two ago, so I tried to close it and restarted the game.  When I got to the main menu on the second session, the first session came alive again so I resumed my first game and closed the second.  I'd accepted the Teir Evron God quests, but the room's reset (I got +150 exp for rediscovering it) and I cannot now interact with the altars; I guess the game is totally broken as I can no longer progress the main quest and will need to restart?

So, 2 bugs:

• The game may hang if Alt-Tabbed to Windows in a loading screen.
  • Accessing the save folder twice at the same time will corrupt the current save.

Currently running v3.04.1165 PX1, PX2 -steam, if this makes any difference?