Please separate the big red Y/N dialog options

Currently most* of the Y/N (do X or do Y) pop-up dialogs are right on top of each other...maybe 5 pixels of space between them?

Please separate them so that we don't make the right decision but push the wrong button.

I assume everyone knows what I'm talking about...Discard/Recharge is the most common one but that is NOT the only one and many of them are pretty important choices.

* With the exception of Armor damage and Reveal/Recharge/Discard/Bury, those options are separated...not sure why they are but the other major choices are not.

• Like 1

Yes I agree that makes sense.  This happens pretty rarely, but since there's plenty of space on the screen there's no reason the buttons have to be right next to each other.

PFID-F5D45B8AF20421AC

Hmmm... There Are now at least 1 cm space separating them. You want them to be even longer distance to each others?

I am guessing it depends on the size of the screen. I do think they are spaced super close together, particularly the Recharge/Discard for spells and the like. Additionally, the graphic is larger than the hitbox on the buttons. I have touches visable on my device so I know exactly where the screen is being touched and the outside edges do not read properly.I have on a few occasions clicked the wrong button as well because of the spacing.

This is a small but (should be) easily fixed issue that I can get behind.

I m using Asus ZenPad 8 and some emulators for pc and my buttons for all decision problems are in contact. No space at all. I really hope you find a way to separate them a little cause moving the hand from bottom to top naturally produce a frequent contact in the middle area (that seems not reactive fortunately) targeting the top button. Anyway I really have to pay attention to avoid bad selections.

Edited by RedPred

That's a problem I've been having as well. Given that you can't cancel a decision once it's been confirmed and you can't reload a save or anything, having the "Confirm" button right next to the "NO I DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT" button is stressful, at the very least.

Yep... I have iPad air2 and there is enough space... Phones Are completely different thing and They will get their own ui eventually.

I have to admit that the people complaining about problems with the game on their phone really bother me.  It has been stated numerous times that phones are not optimized and/or supported!  It has also been stated that there will be optimization for phones in the future.  I wish Obsidian had not made the app available to Android phones.

Hi everyone, I think you may want to state which platform you have an issue for the dev. It start to sound that we may have issue with unsupported platform such as android phones and emulators. The Dev won't be able to recreate those issues since they are probably not working on those version as of yet and you probably won't any correction or patches for some time.

Still wait for Patch 1.0.3.7 Banana Bundle :getlost:

Yep... I have iPad air2 and there is enough space... Phones Are completely different thing and They will get their own ui eventually.

I have to admit that the people complaining about problems with the game on their phone really bother me.  It has been stated numerous times that phones are not optimized and/or supported!  It has also been stated that there will be optimization for phones in the future.  I wish Obsidian had not made the app available to Android phones.

You know there are more Android smartphones in the world than ios', right?

You know there are more Android smartphones in the world than ios', right?

That doesn't change the fact that the game is neither endorsed or supported for phones!  

Wow, I did not think this would be controversial.

Hmmm... There Are now at least 1 cm space separating them. You want them to be even longer distance to each others?

1 cm? What device are you on? Can you post a screen?

Here is a Discard/Recharge screenshot of the iPad 4/Retina, playing a game "purchased" [free game--micro transactions] through the official App Store. 

There is an entire screen available and those two buttons are--like I said--about 5 pixels apart from each other.

I don't see any reason those buttons could not be separated.*

http://imgur.com/a/GwBLa

Now, here is a screenshot of the Armor. Notice the separation, even though that's a much smaller available space.

http://imgur.com/a/9Vl12

* And someone else mentioned the hit boxes, at the very least move the hitboxes farther apart if you don't want to mess with the cosmetics.

• Like 1

Aaa... Many thanks!

I was considering those so big that didn't even think of those. Yes, They could be a Little bit more far away to each others, but I have never done mistake plessings with those huge buttons. But definitely 8" version or smaller device could benefit for bigger separation.

Somehow I was thinking those buttons that Are in the cards and as you said, there is more space between them but Also those buttons Are smaller, so I actually have had one misspress with weapon recharge. But in that day I was playing too long in anyway...

I don't know that it matters what size the device is ... there's probably no reason for those buttons to be right on top of one another.
If this were intended to be a mouse game, then that sort of thing is (marginally) okay, but this is intended to be a touch game.

All day this is all I can think of:
https://youtu.be/R_rF4kcqLkI?t=41

When you ask a user if they want to:
Vent radioactive gas? 

...the Y and N keys are far apart, so that's good, especially if you have fat fingers.

Explosion.gif

Edited by jcalton
  • Like 1

After thinking about this a bit, maybe the actual problem is the lack of an undo mechanism to go back one step. It would be nice to be able to undo everything (except where a random number is involved). For example I sometimes press the "fast forward" button instead of the "trash" button and miss out on discarding cards before a hand reset. Having undo would work if you accidentally press the wrong button to discard instead of recharge. Or in Lem's case, recharge instead of discard.

• Like 1

PFID-F5D45B8AF20421AC