The US Election 2016, Part IV

Rosbjerg

Dis gonna be good.(Vaguely recall a counter-claim saying he never said this, though that may be VERY dated and irrelevant for this case. Anyone recall?)

In other news, Simpsons did it first.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Dis gonna be good.(Vaguely recall a counter-claim saying he never said this, though that may be VERY dated and irrelevant for this case. Anyone recall?)

Next week? Meh.

How about tonight?http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/breaking-dnc-liberals-trying-arrest-hillary-clinton/

I doubt anything will come of it, but we can hope. This trash fire of an election cycle is terrifyingly entertaining. Waiting at the edge of my seat for more leaks.

Better go tell my sysadmin buddies how elite they really are.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.citizen.co.za/1226263/all-whites-must-be-hacked-and-killed-eff-candidate/?ref=yfp

Just so you guys in the USA dont think you the only country where people make uninformed and irrelevant comments about other races  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Looks like a Hillary victory will be f-----g expensive! That cap in itemized deductions would hit me. 

http://www.atr.org/full-list-hillary-s-planned-tax-hikes

I'd be OK with some tax increases if they went to deficit reduction. But you know she's going to spend it all and then some, and leave us in a worse financial situation than even now. Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Looks like a Hillary victory will be f-----g expensive! That cap in itemized deductions would hit me. 

I'd be OK with some tax increases if they went to deficit reduction. But you know she's going to spend it all and then some, and leave us in a worse financial situation then even now.

Are these apparent tax increases legitimate...its the first time I have heard about it but my knowledge of the American tax system and perceived changes to it is lacking

But you will also end up paying extra money under Trump, for example how is the Trump Wall going to be funded?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"The Mexicans will pay for it." Couldn't help myself.

Yeah that was funny, he even went into more detail at the time  :biggrin:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/04/politics/donald-trump-mexico-wall-pay/index.html

And this was after he had really offended basically the whole of Mexico by calling them criminals .....people in Mexico took that seriously and many people were understandably angry 

John Milton 

I'd be OK with some tax increases if they went to deficit reduction. But you know she's going to spend it all and then some, and leave us in a worse financial situation then even now.

Are these apparent tax increases legitimate...its the first time I have heard about it but my knowledge of the American tax system and perceived changes to it is lacking

But you will also end up paying extra money under Trump, for example how is the Trump Wall going to be funded?

The President submits a budget and the Congress approves it. Or doesn't. That is how it is supposed to work. During the Obama years it hasn't and has been allowed to not work for no good reason I know of. Those tax increases could easily become a reality. 

The one thing that both sides agree on is companies leaving the US is a bad thing. But Hillary's response is to increase taxes on companies. The reason they leave is it is too expensive to operate in the US. How will making it even more expensive to operate in the US help with that? Short answer is it won't. But she won't lose a wink of sleep if Mr. Blue Collar American loses his job. She figures he's not voting for her anyway so f--k him.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Use the money they're now spending on supporting illegal children pouring across the border.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Use the money they're now spending on supporting illegal children pouring across the border.

Okay but I'm not sure if that budget  will either be enough or can be utilized to pay for something as controversial as the Trump Wall?

John Milton 

OK, Trump's wall probably isn't going to happen. And if it does he can't force Mexico to pay for it. He cannot re-negotiate NAFTA (unless he incentives Canada & Mexico in which case he's be in a weaker bargaining position not stronger) and he can't abrogate the agreement without the approval of the Senate which he won't get. That means the American Taxpayer will pay for the wall which means Congress will have to approve of it. That ain't gonna happen either. The US President is not a dictator (yet). He/She can't just do whatever the f--k they want. Although Obama has done more to damage that than any President since FDR. At least the Supreme Court has hauled him up short a few times for it. Not enough but better than not at all. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

OK, Trump's wall probably isn't going to happen. And if it does he can't force Mexico to pay for it. He cannot re-negotiate NAFTA (unless he incentives Canada & Mexico in which case he's be in a weaker bargaining position not stronger) and he can't abrogate the agreement without the approval of the Senate which he won't get. That means the American Taxpayer will pay for the wall which means Congress will have to approve of it. That ain't gonna happen either. The US President is not a dictator (yet). He/She can't just do whatever the f--k they want. Although Obama has done more to damage that than any President since FDR. At least the Supreme Court has hauled him up short a few times for it. Not enough but better than not at all.

Actually Bush abrogated the ABM treaty, you don't need agreement from Senate, that's only to ratify. Although NAFTA is probably one of those fake agreements which are designed to get around treaty requirement, so it's actually implemented through legislation. Also there's plenty of money in the budget that the president can use for whatever he sees fit, Obola certainly has. There's plenty of money in the border patrol budget to build fences where necessary, Obola has been spending that money to support illegal alien children residing in the US, as I've said.

"And this was after he had really offended basically the whole of Mexico by calling them criminals"

Even though he never actually said 'all of Mexico' were criminals. L0L

As for  Evil Hilary's tax hikes.. not surprising. She is evil tot he core.  Trump is better than her only because we haven't seen him  with any governmental power. She has had her shot. She failed. NEXT FAILURE PLEASE.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"And this was after he had really offended basically the whole of Mexico by calling them criminals"

Even though he never actually said 'all of Mexico' were criminals. L0L

As for  Evil Hilary's tax hikes.. not surprising. She is evil tot he core.  Trump is better than her only because we haven't seen him  with any governmental power. She has had her shot. She failed. NEXT FAILURE PLEASE.

Volo how are you going to feel if Hilary does become president ?

Have you considered how you might respond ?

John Milton 

" Volo how are you going to feel if Hilary does become president ?"

I will feel nothing.

"Have you considered how you might respond ?"

*shrug*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

If the she devil wins, I'll renounce my American citizenship, move to England, cast for the revote on Brexit, and become a hardened warlord chieftain in Tryfan range of the Cambrian mountains!

...Or I'll just brew more booze to drink while I bitch about American politics while soaking in a Jacuzzi with friends.  Yeah, that's a lot more likely.

I am curious about one thing, however, how many of the people in this thread have actually done any of these things:

Voted in every election?

Made cold calls for a candidate?

Gone door to door to promote candidates and issues?

Donated money to a national candidate or party?

That's not meant to be judgmental.  Frankly, you could be an idiot if you did any of those things.  I don't know.  You're definitely going to find it's a pain to do the last one because once you donate to... well... anyone, they hound you incessantly forever after.  Political parties.  Church.  Blood banks.  Charities.  There's actually a story behind the donation thing, but frankly, it's easier for most folks to donate money to a cause than time, so while a lot of people will think it's idiotic to donate money, it's a lot more difficult and requires a lot more commitment to actually do campaign volunteer work.  ...And, don't think making calls is easier.  Going door to door, you can use a disarming smile or other non-verbal communication to deal with people and it's much harder for most folks to be rude to your face.  Of course, that's harder with the occasional dog who doesn't give a crap if you're a Republican, a Democrat, or the Free Uranium for the People party.  Dogs just see an intruder and want to bite you.

• Like 1

If the she devil wins, I'll renounce my American citizenship, move to England, cast for the revote on Brexit, and become a hardened warlord chieftain in Tryfan range of the Cambrian mountains!

...Or I'll just brew more booze to drink while I bitch about American politics while soaking in a Jacuzzi with friends.  Yeah, that's a lot more likely.

I am curious about one thing, however, how many of the people in this thread have actually done any of these things:

Voted in every election?

Made cold calls for a candidate?

Gone door to door to promote candidates and issues?

Donated money to a national candidate or party?

That's not meant to be judgmental.  Frankly, you could be an idiot if you did any of those things.  I don't know.  You're definitely going to find it's a pain to do the last one because once you donate to... well... anyone, they hound you incessantly forever after.  Political parties.  Church.  Blood banks.  Charities.  There's actually a story behind the donation thing, but frankly, it's easier for most folks to donate money to a cause than time, so while a lot of people will think it's idiotic to donate money, it's a lot more difficult and requires a lot more commitment to actually do campaign volunteer work.  ...And, don't think making calls is easier.  Going door to door, you can use a disarming smile or other non-verbal communication to deal with people and it's much harder for most folks to be rude to your face.  Of course, that's harder with the occasional dog who doesn't give a crap if you're a Republican, a Democrat, or the Free Uranium for the People party.  Dogs just see an intruder and want to bite you.

Interesting questions, I am 41 so I voted in the first multiracial election in SA and always vote 

But I havent done any of the other things ..we are new Democracy so those things arent as established in SA

But I dont think I would have an issue with those things ?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

1. Yes (although I'm sure I've missed a few county or city level elections along the way)

Yes, for both myself and Don Garlits when I worked on his campaign in 1994.

Yes, see above

Yes, most recently last week.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

"I doubt anything will come of it, but we can hope. This trash fire of an election cycle is terrifyingly entertaining. Waiting at the edge of my seat for more leaks."

Not as entertaining as the current election for new Tokyo governor with even more corrupt and idiotic candidates.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Republican or Parliamentary Democracy: the worst form of government... except for all the others. 

Thomas Sowell