The US Election 2016, Part IV

Rosbjerg

I just saw some news about Democrats convention. Where there really an ILLEGAL immigrant on the stage?

Wow, just wow. Talking about disregard for law. What's next? Criminals? Gangsters?

Where were the immigration police? 

Are Democrats really think they are above the law?

Immigration police?

So, just a reminder, being in the US without proper documentation is not a criminal offense.  It is a civil offense.  

I don't see immigration policy as punitive so much as safety. No rational person can think that a nation is secure without the command of its borders. No country should be expected to invite people into its borders who agitate against its interests.

The immigration police have been ordered to not only not remove illegals, but to assist them in getting to their destination of choice within the US.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I just saw some news about Democrats convention. Where there really an ILLEGAL immigrant on the stage?

Wow, just wow. Talking about disregard for law. What's next? Criminals? Gangsters?

Immigration police?

So, just a reminder, being in the US without proper documentation is not a criminal offense.  It is a civil offense.  

BEING in the US without proper documentation is a civil offense, true.   ENTERING the US illegally is both criminal AND civil.  

See Title 8, Section 1325 of the U.S. Code (U.S.C.), or Section 275 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (I.N.A.) for the exact statutory language

http://www.uscis.gov/laws/immigration-and-nationality-act

HRC is their nominee. What do you think?

Proportional representation. You know you want it.

We don't want it. 4-5 viable parties would be enough.

So, tell me. Did you ever think about why there are only two viable parties?

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Apparently Trump just asked Putin for help with Clinton's emails, during a press conference. We're not in Kansas anymore?

Hilarious.

Snowden actually commented and stated that if Russia were responsible, the US government would know and it wouldn't be "speculation," suggesting (big surprise) Russia isn't behind this. Trump believing the very media rigged in Hillary's favor is priceless though.

An aside, but the faith in Snowden's anything is sort of funny.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Immigration police?

BEING in the US without proper documentation is a civil offense, true.   ENTERING the US illegally is both criminal AND civil.  

See Title 8, Section 1325 of the U.S. Code (U.S.C.), or Section 275 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (I.N.A.) for the exact statutory language

Yes, but not everyone enters illegally.  

Immigration police?

I have understood that majority of illegals come in USA legally, as tourists, students or workers, but don't leave after their residence visa ends. Which is why so called experts don't think that fences or walls are effective way to solve illegal immigration issue.

EDIT: Although wikipedia's infallible article tells that about 6-7 million of US's illegal immigrants have illegally entered the country and about 5.5 million of illegal immigrants have overstayed their visa.

Edited by Elerond

Why is West Virginia overwhelmingly red but Clinton up in Virginia?

West Virginia and Virginia are completely different. In fact West Virginia was formed because they didn't want to leave the Union during the Civil War. West Virginia has a lot of coal miners, Virginia has a lot of government employees who live in the suburbs of Washington, D.C.

HRC is their nominee. What do you think?

Proportional representation. You know you want it.

We don't want it. 4-5 viable parties would be enough.

So, tell me. Did you ever think about why there are only two viable parties?

Because it's winner take all. Voting for a third party simply means you're hurting the major party you're ideologically closest to. The best way to fix it is with run-off elections, that should give us 4-5 viable parties that would be optimal.

I have understood that majority of illegals come in USA legally, as tourists, students or workers, but don't leave after their residence visa ends. Which is why so called experts don't think that fences or walls are effective way to solve illegal immigration issue.

Last I heard, 60% go over the border. You'd need both a fence and someone to go looking for visa overstays. Right now we're doing neither. Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Immigration police?

And I never claimed that everyone did.  :biggrin:

xyluPfD.png
  • Like 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Immigration police?

EDIT: Although wikipedia's infallible article tells that about 6-7 million of US's illegal immigrants have illegally entered the country and about 5.5 million of illegal immigrants have overstayed their visa.

Here's the breakdown I've read:  ~40% enter legally and overstay visas;  ~60% enter illegally 

Edited by kgambit

I kind of wish Johnson would win. I remember Dukakis running against Bush and the many 'clever' jokes people made about the election. Yeah, it was puerile stuff, and you felt kinda guilty laughing at it, but it made it fun. Just think of a race with Bernie versus Johnson... "Did your Johnson feel the Bern?" If someone attacked us, we'd "Give 'em the Johnson treatment." Okay, probably not funny, but even lame jokes can be good when times are dark.

Noticed looking at past election maps that the tail/appendix of Texas is wholly blue in an otherwise red state. Why's that?

You mean the panhandle? I doubt that's true. The Mexico border area certainly is though.

Last I heard, 60% go over the border. You'd need both a fence and someone to go looking for visa overstays. Right now we're doing neither.

And yet the immigration numbers have levelled off...

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/11/19/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

Establishment lies. It might have leveled off in the worst recession years, but not overall. They've claimed the same number of illegals for over a decade now, who can believe such garbage?

Edit: http://cis.org/New-Data-Immigration-Surged-in-2014-and-2015 And even that's based on manipulated government statistics, there is no objective unbiased data.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

Apparently Trump just asked Putin for help with Clinton's emails, during a press conference. We're not in Kansas anymore?

Hilarious.

Snowden actually commented and stated that if Russia were responsible, the US government would know and it wouldn't be "speculation," suggesting (big surprise) Russia isn't behind this. Trump believing the very media rigged in Hillary's favor is priceless though.

Please explain what reason anyone has to distrust anything said by Snowden. The man got in trouble because he showed integrity and transparency when the government did not.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Hilarious.

Please explain what reason anyone has to distrust anything said by Snowden. The man got in trouble because he showed integrity and transparency when the government did not.

Snowden is like Assange but even worse because he actually worked for the NSA, he betrayed his country to reveal secretive programs like Prism. And conviniently ended up travelling through China and ended up in Russia and you can be guaranteed he shared everything he could with both those countries 

But I'm glad Prism is now revealed, it should be used to address domestic terrorist attacks from home grown terrorism 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

But I'm glad Prism is now revealed, it should be used to address domestic terrorist attacks from home grown terrorism

Wait a second...didn't the Obsidian think tank determine that PRISM is useless and you have a better chance getting hit by a booger flicked by a Bigfoot than you do catching a mook with PRISM?