The US Election 2016, Part IV

Rosbjerg

just dropped by to show

Holy crap. This is worse than I thought.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

"Sanders pledged to support Clinton when/ if the time came and he followed through on that despite obviously being deeply unhappy about it."

This is nonsense. That is like saying a wife who is abused by her husband should sta with him because she did promise to stay with him for 'better or worse'. COME ON.

When he made that promise he  assumed everything was on the up and up up. he woes them NOTYHING but he seems to be a coward. ALL TALK NO ACTI0N.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

All DNC leaked voicemail in one convenient video.

Not perfect however cause names aren't attached to the voices. Still, since I'm sure plenty of people are lazy about digging through wikileaks stuff, I think it's a good first step; get people to listen, then to check for who said what out of curiousity after.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

If Bernie goes that route too overtly by refusing to endorse or running as an independent he is sacrificing whatever his movement can achieve within the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party does not want to reform itself, it wants to stay with its vested interests- that's why they are vested interests, after all. 

Here's where you lose me. It's not losing what he can achieve, it is in fact, the only way he can achieve anything. If they think they can win without changing; the DNC will never change. They will only change if they have absolutely no choice. If Bernie doesn't remove his endorsement, he won't have to worry about losing his influence, because he will have no influence to lose. Everything he has fought for will amount to nothing if he does anything less. Even if the dems lose this time, they'll go:

DNC person 1: Hillary was a bad choice, next time we should go with some one more likable.

DNC person 2: Should we clean house like the Bernie people want?

DNC person 1: Do we HAVE to?

DNC person 2: No. It's still possible to win without doing so.

DNC person 1: Then no. We just need a more likable candidate. Oh, and we need to make sure more people like Bernie Sanders don't show up again to make a fuss.

There are too many people in camp C). The dems NEED them to win an election now or ever again. Not cleaning up their act next election cycle will be a non-option. It is impossible for Dems to win if they don't reform. They will reform in such a scenario; out of necessity if nothing else. What do you think they would do, quietly go extinct? 

It's all about minimising the DNC1&2 types. If Bernie refuses to endorse/ runs against then that conversation is "(1) It's Bernie's Fault! (2) Yes it is!" and that's it. They have the person to blame, and it isn't them, and he won't be around next time, so no problem and they can run Tim Kaine or whoever the next establishment person is in 2020 with exactly the same power structures because it's all Bernie's fault.

If they lose with a Bernie endorsement there will be a lot more questioning as they cannot automatically blame Bernie and have people follow them mindlessly on it. Some will try and blame the Bernie or Busters, but so what- they ignored Bernie and the more rational will know that they would literally never vote Hillary. And that endorsement allows pro Bernie people to run for the positions of power that will make the DNC1&2 types irrelevant or put them out of positions of power. In the end, the best revenge possible is getting rid of the Wasserman Schultz types who have entrenched the corruption, that can happen with an endorsement but without the wagons will circle and pro Bernie people will be labelled as those who cost them the election.

The kamikaze approach is a short game one that expends everything Bernie has achieved in a big, showy, burst of flame and glory. And then, in 4 years after blaming Bernie for causing the loss nothing will have changed and they'll pick the next establishment guy or gal. Play the long game, don't throw it away in a fit of pique.

If Bernie goes that route too overtly by refusing to endorse or running as an independent he is sacrificing whatever his movement can achieve within the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party does not want to reform itself, it wants to stay with its vested interests- that's why they are vested interests, after all. 

Here's where you lose me. It's not losing what he can achieve, it is in fact, the only way he can achieve anything. If they think they can win without changing; the DNC will never change. They will only change if they have absolutely no choice. If Bernie doesn't remove his endorsement, he won't have to worry about losing his influence, because he will have no influence to lose. Everything he has fought for will amount to nothing if he does anything less. Even if the dems lose this time, they'll go:

DNC person 1: Hillary was a bad choice, next time we should go with some one more likable.

DNC person 2: Should we clean house like the Bernie people want?

DNC person 1: Do we HAVE to?

DNC person 2: No. It's still possible to win without doing so.

DNC person 1: Then no. We just need a more likable candidate. Oh, and we need to make sure more people like Bernie Sanders don't show up again to make a fuss.

There are too many people in camp C). The dems NEED them to win an election now or ever again. Not cleaning up their act next election cycle will be a non-option. It is impossible for Dems to win if they don't reform. They will reform in such a scenario; out of necessity if nothing else. What do you think they would do, quietly go extinct? 

Some will try and blame the Bernie or Busters, but so what- they ignored Bernie and the more rational will know that they would literally never vote Hillary. And that endorsement allows pro Bernie people to run for the positions of power 

Nope. Bernie types will be purged from what little they have, measures will be taken to ensure they don't return, and they won't get any power of any kind ever again. It's now or never.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Terrific speeches and Hillary testimonials the last few days by FLOTUS, Bernie, Bill, Biden, Kaine, and POTUS. Positivity and inclusiveness vs the doom and fear-mongering seen at the RNC. 

We'll see if that'll carry over to the nominal non-participants in VA, NC, PN, IA, NV, CO, OH, and FL and get them out to vote in November. I'm already pot-committed on Clinton Island so I have to be optimistic.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I'm worried that basketball game might hurt US-China relations

Which candidate can speak to that?

That actually made me chuckle. ...And I could use a laugh right now, so thanks.

There's still time at the DNC. The President can give us his predictions on the final four. For next year, of course.

It ain't fear-mongering when it's the truth.

[politifact]

Hillary: I have two heads

Politifact: Hillary actually has one head, not the two claimed. One is half of two therefore we rate this statement half true.

Hillary: I am a banana

Politifact: Humans share 60% of their DNA with a banana. Therefore we rate this statement mostly true.

Hillary: I was named after Edmund Hillary

Politifact: Hillary was born after Edmund Hillary, so she was indeed named after Edmund Hillary was. We rate this true.

Obama's speech was very good, easily the best of the political speeches I've seen at either convention. Albeit I've only watched a handful of them.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 5

Who do you guys trust more: Hillary or the Snake from the Garden of Eden?

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Trump is not, in any way, the snake from the Garden of Eden.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Trump is not, in any way, the snake from the Garden of Eden.

He's not smart enough to lie effectively.

For Trump, it's much more fair to pit him up against Eddy from Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy, always scheming ways to swindle us out of our jawbreakers.

Edited by Longknife
  • Like 1

Jill Stein: "Democrats are now accusing Russia of manipulating our presidential election... exactly what [the] DNC was caught doing."

Hmm.

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I have seen that in some polls Johnson is on almost 15%, it seems like quite a chance to actually get into the race

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Apparently Trump just asked Putin for help with Clinton's emails, during a press conference. We're not in Kansas anymore?

Depending on the context that could be pretty damning. I guess I'll watch it.

Yeah, Trump asked the Russians to travel back in time, and hack the e-mails Hilzilla deleted 2 years ago.

“We don’t look to be ruled.”

President pen and phone.

Edit:

I just saw some news about Democrats convention. Where there really an ILLEGAL immigrant on the stage?

Wow, just wow. Talking about disregard for law. What's next? Criminals? Gangsters?

Where were the immigration police? 

Are Democrats really think they are above the law?

It's funny how Obola doesn't seem to realize that for us not be "ruled", the government has to follow its own laws, else you just have tyranny. Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan