Soft-lock shutting down quest mode: Crow Bait bury

BeriAlpha

Question

General (For all issues)

• What device type are you on?

Android 5.1

• What is your PFID#? (Located in the settings menu)

67EBDA80AC600274

Gameplay

• Is pass & play on?  Is permadeath on?

No to both.

• Tutorial, Story Mode, or Quest Mode? (If not quest mode, did you recently enter it?)

Quest Mode.

• Characters in Party

Lini, Lem.

• Location of each character

Both are at the Shrine to Lamashtu.

• Turn Order

Lini then Lem.

• Scenario & Scenario Difficulty.  If on non-normal difficulties, which wildcard powers are in play?

Quest mode, Legendary difficulty. I can only see that Crow Bait is in play.

• What card was encountered when the issue occurred? (Or check, or card just played, etc)

Lem encountered Erylium, so someone at the location had to fight a Wrathful Sinspawn. Lem fought the Sinspawn, playing the Strength spell to increase his check. He failed by 3, and because of Crow Bait was forced to bury a card.

After burying the card, the Wrathful Sinspawn appears to reshuffle into the location deck, but then the deck gives the 'banished' black burst. After that, nothing happens and the game no longer responds to any touch, even to open the option menu. Erylium does not reappear.

Now, any time I open Quest mode, it goes back to that moment of choosing which card to bury, then soft-locks again. Quest Mode is completely locked out for me.

• Did the issue occur on the first explore or a subsequent explore?  If subsequent, what card did you last encounter?  What was its resolution? (IE, you just encountered an enchanter and failed the check, and on an additional explore you ran into a blessing of the gods but didn't auto acquire it)

I believe a subsequent explore, but I'm unsure.

• Did other characters aid the check?  What did they use to aid it?

I don't think so - it's been a while, but I think I had Lem take the Wrathful Sinspawn because I didn't care if he failed the check.

I do have screenshots if desired.

If the Quest mode jumps directly to the stuck situation, I fear you are in a dead end with your Quest save data until a patch for that. Have you any other device with a possible older backup of Quest data? Which level are your chars?

Ah ok then. The cure will cost you few levels for your characters mate. But it's faster than to wait for a specific fix.

Just delete (or move away) the save data directory PACG1_SAVE_GAMES (no need to uninstall the game, but it's equivalent) from:

\Internal storage\Android\data\net.obsidian.pacg1\files\

Your Story characters will be downloaded again from the server (cause they are saved on the cloud) while the Quest ones will be erased and you can start a new Quest. The first levels are quite fast at least.. :)

Edited by RedPred

Ugh... the same thing happen to me.

Crow bury after losing to the a Cultist lock the game.

• What device type are you on?

Ipad 3

• What is your PFID#? (Located in the settings menu)

Gameplay

• Is pass & play on?  Is permadeath on?

No to both.

• Tutorial, Story Mode, or Quest Mode? (If not quest mode, did you recently enter it?)

Quest Mode.

• Characters in Party

Kyra, Merisiel, Valeros and Sajan

• Location of each character

Sajanat the prison. The rest unable to see where

• Turn Order

Kyra, Merisiel, Valeros and Sajan

Still wait for Patch 1.0.3.7 Banana Bundle :getlost:

Well have to say this is really a disappointing read since I am in the same position. Basically locked out of the entire quest mode because I can't bury a card! This after I had decided to give the game one more chance today!!! And I am level 16 for my characters and would rather not try something that destroys all that progress (esp when it didn't work for last poster). UGGHHH!!

In case this is useful, I just managed to unlock this problem. My screen was on the world map and somehow I was able to bring Seoni (who was not being asked to discard a card) to a different (closed location) by clicking on various places on the map itself. When i got her somewhere, the gear option was no longer blocked so i was able to forfeit the game and get out of the screen. In order to get the map in the first place, I had turned off the ipad while the game was on and then re-entered either by continue or quest (both led me to the map asking me to bury a card). Hope this helps.

• Like 1

In case this is useful, I just managed to unlock this problem. My screen was on the world map and somehow I was able to bring Seoni (who was not being asked to discard a card) to a different (closed location) by clicking on various places on the map itself. When i got her somewhere, the gear option was no longer blocked so i was able to forfeit the game and get out of the screen. In order to get the map in the first place, I had turned off the ipad while the game was on and then re-entered either by continue or quest (both led me to the map asking me to bury a card). Hope this helps.

Yup, that exact what I did!

Thanks! I can't click the Shrine, though-I can't click anything. I've touched absolutely every millimeter of the screen and it's totally unresponsive.

It will look like you can't click anywhere but for the blank location and try click there. You may be need to closed and reopen the app a couple of time as

Pediatron said.

Hey everyone,

Sorry about the late response. Things have been a little crazy over here with Gen-Con and all. I have filed a bug report about this issue and also included the workaround. If anyone is on an android device and can upload a save folder, that would be very helpful.

Getting game files:

Connect the Android Device to your PC.

Open Windows Explorer and open the device

Open the Android Folder, then data -> net.obsidian.pacg1 -> files

Copy the PACG1_SAVE_GAMES folder to your PC

Zip and send!

Thanks a bunch! 

• Like 1

Hi

This looks exactly like the bug I experienced. Taking damage, the bury a card power, quite possibly the soft-lock as well, and then the same behaviour with the banishing animation etc. I made a thread about it (and another bug, this was #2):

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/88221-damage-bugs-quest-mode-progression-completely-blocked/

As best I can tell nobody ever even read it, not sure what gets attention around here and what doesn't but there you have it.

As far as my experience goes, after the recent hotfix, when I went back to the game it resumed in an even more screwed up state than before, but after a few attempts and pressing random buttons I somehow got into a state where it would respond to the menu which contains the forfeit button, and so it's resolved for me.

Edited by Irgy

seems like today's patches fixed this?

i'm not 100% certain if the bug i had was this crow bait bug, but the problem i had was very similar where i have to bury a card, but then it does the banish animation and then the soft lock

when i tried again just now, i can click the settings and then just forfeited the game normally

Ah ok then. The cure will cost you few levels for your characters mate. But it's faster than to wait for a specific fix.

Just delete (or move away) the save data directory PACG1_SAVE_GAMES (no need to uninstall the game, but it's equivalent) from:

\Internal storage\Android\data\net.obsidian.pacg1\files\

Your Story characters will be downloaded again from the server (cause they are saved on the cloud) while the Quest ones will be erased and you can start a new Quest. The first levels are quite fast at least.. :)

Does anyone know if something equivalent can be done on an iPad?

I can't seem to find my way into the files.