Quest and Gallery/Vault Discrepancies

firestormkirby

Question

After some discussion with another member of the forum, There are some discrepancies between what quest mode is giving and what is actually shown in the Gallery. I'm not sure which, if any, of these are intended and would love some confirmation of them if possible.

At different points during questing I had more copies of the cards below in my group than shown in the gallery. These extra cards were acquired correctly (I.e. encountered when I already had the maximum in my party), and not brought from one group to another.

Augury: Shows 2 in Gallery, I had 3 at one point before banishing one on accident. Have not encountered a third since.

Strength: Shows 1 in Gallery, I had 2 at one point until switching out one for a different spell.

Find Traps: Shows 1 in Gallery, I have 2 and actually encountered the card while I had the Find Traps in hand.

Masterwork Tools: Shows 2 in Gallery, I have 3.

I currently have a character at level 40 in quest mode, meaning I have does many scenarios. Below are cards I have not seen in quest mode at all. I know that this is hard to prove because lack of evidence does not equal evidence of non-existence.

I have tried to acquire these spells by placing Ezren at the Temple or Academy for, at least, the last 30 games (150 spell encounters in those games alone) trying to find these spells. There are 89 spell cards in my Gallery, I have 23 in my decks, which means the game is pulling from 66 spells. The spells have a slightly over 3% chance of being pulled for each card, so approximately 9% chance of being at least one of the the three. After 150 spells have been pulled the chances of not seeing one of them is statistically impossible.

Haste: AD2, A member mentioned this was confirmed to be a mistake in the quest mode AD for this card.

Scrying: AD3.

Swipe: AD3.

These are Allies I have not seen. Though they may not be in quest mode since they are story characters. Also the chances of seeing them are much smaller than the spells above.

Jakadros: AD3.

Vale: AD3.

Below are cards that are AD4, and not Treasure cards. Since I hit level 40, AD4 treasure cards have been appearing in quest mode.

Lizard: This showed up in my 20s with an AD2 on it. Now that I hit level 40 the AD has changed to 4

Greater Luckstone: This appeared in my 30s with an AD4 on it. It changed back and forth between AD3 and AD4 several times, but is not only showing AD4. I did not think this weird be cause the Cloak of Elvenkind is in both ADB and AD2 and changes depending on where you are in story/quest mode.

Here is a link to my Game Save File.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-j-jSOiX_I2VTliUWJwV29HSkU&usp=sharing

7 answers to this question

I also noticed that in quest mode, the AD number on some cards randomly changes. For example, when you encounter it during the game its AD2 but then in the post-game deck building screen it has some other AD number.

I know I've seen this with at least:

Death bane crossbow

Yap the pixie

Greater luck stone

Probably several other cards.

The cards in quest mode have different appearance table than in the story mode, so some ad 2 cards Are now ad 3 and vise versa. Maybe that is causing chansing Numbers in at the cards, Also one possibility is that some cards have accidentantly (?) put multible boon tables in quest mode and can appear for that reason with different ad Numbers.

So a quick update: I forgot to check the C deck for extra spells. This is where the extra low level cards come from (MW tools, strength, augury, find traps).

I can also 100% confirm Haste is a bug. Since the game sees me in AD4, after each scenario if i am missing cards I can replace them from AD2 cards and lower. Haste does not appear in the available list, all other AD2 spells do.

Here's a screen showing 2 deathbane crossbows with different AD numbers.

I think this is kind of a special case, where the devs added the crossbow for quest mode only, even if you don't have the character add on deck.

post-161605-0-44683000-1469603705_thumb.jpg

Augury: Shows 2 in Gallery, I had 3 at one point before banishing one on accident. Have not encountered a third since.

Strength: Shows 1 in Gallery, I had 2 at one point until switching out one for a different spell.

Find Traps: Shows 1 in Gallery, I have 2 and actually encountered the card while I had the Find Traps in hand.

Masterwork Tools: Shows 2 in Gallery, I have 3.

So a quick update: I forgot to check the C deck for extra spells. This is where the extra low level cards come from (MW tools, strength, augury, find traps).

We should definitely take a look and see what we can do to lessen confusion here - not everyone will think to check Deck C for these extra cards, and thus confusion ensues. :)

I currently have a character at level 40 in quest mode, meaning I have does many scenarios. Below are cards I have not seen in quest mode at all. I know that this is hard to prove because lack of evidence does not equal evidence of non-existence.

Haste: AD2, A member mentioned this was confirmed to be a mistake in the quest mode AD for this card.

Scrying: AD3.

Swipe: AD3.

Jakadros: AD3.

Vale: AD3.

In Story Mode, we're sticking to the physical game's format and you'll find cards from their respective physical boxes.  These boxes are how you see cards ordered in the Gallery.  In Quest Mode, however, we've modified when certain cards appear - for example, Yap the Pixie, a deck 3 Ally, can be encountered in Tier B in Quest Mode.  Similarly, Augury, which was deemed too powerful for the early levels, was bumped up to a higher Tier than the Story Mode equivalent.  So, the deck numbers you'll find in the Gallery will not 100% correspond to the Tier in which you may find a card in Quest Mode (although they do continue to match in most cases).

That being said, we'll look into these cards and make sure they're showing up when they're supposed to.

Below are cards that are AD4, and not Treasure cards. Since I hit level 40, AD4 treasure cards have been appearing in quest mode.

Lizard: This showed up in my 20s with an AD2 on it. Now that I hit level 40 the AD has changed to 4

Greater Luckstone: This appeared in my 30s with an AD4 on it. It changed back and forth between AD3 and AD4 several times, but is not only showing AD4. I did not think this weird be cause the Cloak of Elvenkind is in both ADB and AD2 and changes depending on where you are in story/quest mode.

At level 40, you've hit Tier 4 in Quest Mode, so encountering the Tier 4 treasure cards is correct.  However, you won't encounter cards found in Tier 4 from story mode until Deck 4 is released.  In Quest Mode, Lizard should be Tier 2, and the Greater Luckstone should be Tier 3.  We'll take a look into the deck numbers swapping.

Thanks for reporting! :)