Permadeath: OFF

Mode: Quest

Party Members: Merisiel, Seoni, Harsk, Lem, Lini, Amiri

Turn Order: as party

Scenario: any with Gogmurt

Difficulty: Normal

Wildcards: N/A

Trigger: encounter Gogmurt, use Lini's Beast Form

Although discarding a card (in this case a Blessing) should give a D10, I could only get a D4. I get it that I can't use the D4+n bonus power, but surely Beast Form should work?

6 answers to this question

I get it that I can't use the D4+n bonus power, but surely Beast Form should work?

Somewhat relevant. You can use her Animal Trick while fighting Gogmurt becasue you are revealing the animal, not playing the animal. You couldn't use the sabre-tooth tiger to add a d6, since then you would be playing the animal.

I get it that I can't use the D4+n bonus power, but surely Beast Form should work?

Somewhat relevant. You can use her Animal Trick while fighting Gogmurt becasue you are revealing the animal, not playing the animal.

More specifically, you can use Animal Trick as this is 'playing Lini's power', not 'playing an ally card with Animal trait" (Revealing an Animal for its own power DOES count as playing that card)

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Device: Hudl 2

Pass & Play: OFF

Permadeath: OFF

Mode: Quest

Party Members: Merisiel, Seoni, Harsk, Lem, Lini, Amiri

Turn Order: as party

Scenario: any with Gogmurt

Difficulty: Normal

Wildcards: N/A

Trigger: encounter Gogmurt, use Lini's Beast Form

Although discarding a card (in this case a Blessing) should give a D10, I could only get a D4. I get it that I can't use the D4+n bonus power, but surely Beast Form should work?

Hi Mccrispy,

Do you happen to remember what the scenario power and location were when you fought Gogmurt?  Also, was her Beast Form upgraded at all?

Thanks!

Also:

More specifically, you can use Animal Trick as this is 'playing Lini's power', not 'playing an ally card with Animal trait" (Revealing an Animal for its own power DOES count as playing that card)

Longshot, as usual, is correct.  We like to think of the cost of player powers (Backstab, Animal Trick, etc) as "fuel".  The game doesn't care what kind of fuel you use, so the restrictions don't apply.  Only when you're playing that card for one of its powers does it matter. :)

Sorry, don't remember the scenario and it's unlikely that beast form was upgraded as it's so pitiful that any upgrades makes no difference, so I put my "points" into Animal Trick so that wisdom-based checks become super-reliable and I can switch to using offensive spells (the few that there are)