Greatclub

PRuano

Question

5 answers to this question

They both give the +1 bonus, that is just the way they work, no reason why the greatclub couldn't give d10+1. The greatclub +1 gives the magic trait which is helpful for incorporeal monsters, among a few other monsters.

Its a traditional RPG thing with d20 systems, static bonuses only come from magic/masterworks items or ability/feat bonuses.

(There are a few other ways to increase the static bonuses but are situational and not directly related to the item itself)

Edited by PRuano

Hey guys!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It looks like the Greatclub has the same text as the Greatclub +1. This is a text bug as the Greatclub should not state it offers +1. We shall look into further to confirm if the Greatclub actually provides a +1 or not.

Thanks again!

Actually, this was confirmed as intended (i.e., the +1 Club only gives you Magic trait over the normal one) by the designers. You could probably search-fu the topic over at Paizo forums.

(I'm not saying I like this inconsistency or think it's right, but that's the status-quo currently)

Edited by Longshot11
  • Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.