Kana Breaking Party Switching

DeHavilan

Question

It seems there has been a return of the issue where Kana breaks the party when you switch him out, and then try to add him back after completion of his quest in the Endless Paths.  I can't seem to ever put him back in my party now, or it just breaks my party.  He has none of the chants he's learned previously, and I'm unable to switch out or in any party members after adding him to the party.  Just wanted someone to be aware that this bug is back.

Game Save File: https://www.sendspace.com/file/d6sa0t

6 answers to this question

I loaded your savegame and added Kana, there's definitely something off about it. Got the issue you described, as well as a weird glitch with the character drag-selection. There's a whole bunch of index out of range errors in the log file as well. Maybe the savegame got slightly corrupted at some point, somehow.

Anyway, I would suggest that you retrain Kana. This seems to fix the issue, he just resets with the standard level 1 stuff he starts with normally, and you can level him back up from there. I did get a slight quirk after that when quicksaving and quickloading that he moved to the second NPC slot and his portrait didn't show in the save game entry, but saving again after that resolved that as well so I think you should be fine from there. 

Odd. For me it disappeared after I quicksaved and quickloaded in his save. Strange that it would carry over to your own save game. Especially since it wasn't technically a UI glitch as such; in the log file I saw a whole host of out of range exceptions, relating to some array containing the companions. Because the drag selection obviously references that array as well it started to glitch. No idea why Kana was so special there though, tried Pallegina as well with no problem. 

Guess the bug gets mixed up with something else. There is a repetition of the null reference exception when I use the party UI with my other saves.

The work-around is pretty similar anyways. Saving-Title Screen-Loading.

I've come to burn your kingdom down