Brackenbury Portuguese translation

Haven't played the game enough to know much of the context, but isn't that a surname?

You will probably stumble across a bunch of those anglo saxon derived names and terms, I think invented by Mr. Sawyer.

^bury can also mean to 'cover' - "He was buried under rubble, but the firemen managed to dig him out'

So 'Fern-covered' would work too.

On the other hand - I wouldn't translate names ("Ta qu Beijing le" in Chinese(pinyin)) would be "He went to Beijing" in English)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

In the context of a place/city, I think this 'bury' is probably the '-bury' suffix (rather than the verb 'to bury'). Think Woodbury, Salisbury, Waterbury, Canterbury. It's like 'borough' (think 'Hillsborough'). Also 'burg' (Hamburg, Pittsburgh, ... Undead Burg). The suffix just means a 'fort' or 'fortified place'.

Most importantly though, think of Cadbury

MAIN-Creme-Egg-uproar.jpg

• Like 1

As Piesnatcher says, it wouldn't have anything to do with burying people. In Portuguese/Spanish, burgo would be the translation, since both come from the same root burg

So whatever ferns is in Portuguese + burgo would work.