I have just recently started soloing and have been really enjoying the challenge. Since I am playing a paladin, most fights are about not getting hit for long enough so you can slowly kill everything. I have seen some nice priest and wizard videos soloing the most difficult fights, so my question is: can classes like ranger, rogue (the less tankier ones) solo things like Llengrath or the radiant spore?

I am already planning my next playthrough and I would like something different than the gameplay of a paladin but unfortuanatelly there isn't much info on the internet for other less common solo classes.

All classes can do solo runs on Path of the Damned, yes. Even the barbarian who is said to be the weakest class for soloing can do it.

I'm playing a barb on a PoTD solo run atm and it works out nicely - even with a low deflection build like mine (3 RES). But I think I will retrain into a tanky build once I get a good shield with bash (Badgradr's Barricade and later Dragon's Maw) and durgan steel. Bloodlust and Blood Thirst are a pretty neat combination when going solo for a slow but strong hitting barb. They even stack with Frenzy - and Blood Thirst also gets triggered by kills-by-spells like Firebug or scrolls and also by Retaliation and such things. It can turn you into a fast hitter even when you have all the slow things: low DEX, heavy armor, Vulnerable Attack and so on.   

I don't know if I can beat Llengrath or the Adra and Alpine Dragons with the barb (Concelhaut is easy because you can split his minons easily), but Thaos will be easy because I will be lvl 16 and he will be lvl 12. ;). The Radiant Spore was always easy for me compared to some other enemies. Don't know why people rate it to be so difficult.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

All classes can do solo runs on Path of the Damned, yes. Even the barbarian who is said to be the weakest class for soloing can do it.

I'm playing a barb on a PoTD solo run atm and it works out nicely - even with a low deflection build like mine (3 RES). But I think I will retrain into a tanky build once I get a good shield with bash (Badgradr's Barricade and later Dragon's Maw) and durgan steel. Bloodlust and Blood Thirst are a pretty neat combination when going solo for a slow but strong hitting barb. They even stack with Frenzy - and Blood Thirst also gets triggered by kills-by-spells like Firebug or scrolls and also by Retaliation and such things. It can turn you into a fast hitter even when you have all the slow things: low DEX, heavy armor, Vulnerable Attack and so on.   

I don't know if I can beat Llengrath or the Adra and Alpine Dragons with the barb (Concelhaut is easy because you can split his minons easily), but Thaos will be easy because I will be lvl 16 and he will be lvl 12. ;). The Radiant Spore was always easy for me compared to some other enemies. Don't know why people rate it to be so difficult.

I am pretty confident the Alpine can be soloed by everyone because you can always abuse the confusion scroll, but on the other hand I really don't see how Llengrath or even Adra can be soloed by classes that can't reach high defenses. Maybe there are other ways to kill them that I don't know and I'd love to hear about.

Only classes (wizard, priest and paladin) I've seen soloing those could reach very high defense numbers one way or another.

Llengrath is very easy even if you can't tank - you run around with enough speed and plink everyone with arrows - 99% of the encounters can be won using this tactic.The adra dragon can be rooted in place with blind spells (from armor/necklace) and you plink her with arrows while standing out of her range. The trickiest is the alpine, but some people managed to kill him with a bow just by tanking his minions (they stand in his way and prevent him from attacking you).

The Radiant Spore was always easy for me compared to some other enemies. Don't know why people rate it to be so difficult.

Radiant Spore is super easy once you have a plan.

On the very first encounter through it might be tricky. As some things might be unexpected.

Dunno why but I was thinking that you have to kill tentacles first in order to kill the Spore (make it vulnerable or something like that). Also I had started the fight with dominated MC, Eder just in range for those boulders, and backline swarmed by vithracks‎. I've managed to keep everyone alive, but they soon have ran out of health.

After reload, it was a breeze through.

• 6 months later...

A little bit late, but... Maybe it can help someone to take "The Ultimate" with rogue. Ranger can use same strategy I guess (with very helpful Cape of the Master Mystic)

so my question is: can classes like ranger, rogue (the less tankier ones) solo things like Llengrath or the radiant spore?

Llengrath: 

(bottle neck)

Radiant Spore: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84473-radiant-spore/?p=1853733

• Like 1

A little bit late, but... Maybe it can help someone to take "The Ultimate" with rogue. Ranger can use same strategy I guess (with very helpful Cape of the Master Mystic)

so my question is: can classes like ranger, rogue (the less tankier ones) solo things like Llengrath or the radiant spore?

Llengrath: 

(bottle neck)

Radiant Spore: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84473-radiant-spore/?p=1853733

Nice spot you found... I believe the easiest method for a rogue to deal with these hard encounters is to use Sabra Marie and keep the enemies confused. You can also keep running in circles to avoid AoE abilities, while plinking them with arrows...

I think you must be really crazy to play solo barbarian or solo ranger /PotD/, or if you do play those it is very annoying ... Of course pro people like a challenge. I admire those who rock with a solo main char but anyway why would you do it <<<<<????????? It is fun listening to spontaneous dialogues from companions and to complete their personal quest. These things are missing in solo playing.

Normal Thaos would be pretty easy on level 16, now critical path Thaos... that would be pretty much impossible on barb.

It's not like that. Usually there are enough camping supplies. You only have to use resting bonuses and consumables in the tough encounters. A lot can be done with pulling, splitting and kiting early on. Later it gets a lot easier. I never had to rest excessively - except in the Temple of Eothas.

Yes, a priest solo is actually one if the easiest classes for solo in my experience. For example Triumph of the Crusaders is like it's made for solo. :)

Chanter is the other class that can be equally easy. In the early game the summoned phantom is very strong. White Worms can be reused on corpses when you pile them up at chokepoints and lure other enemies there - perfect for tough dungeons. For example Raedrics Castle is easy that way once you managed to pile up some corpses at a doorway. You have to turn off the game's gib option and don't reload because reloading or leaving the map removes corpses.

The Dragon Thrashed deals a lot of damage while you can do other things like drinking a potion, cast a scroll, attack a bit or even kite the enemy. The AoE is huge and also works with Wood Elf's racial ability. And with the beastslayer phrase you can even hit dragons with it reliably.

It also works while you are prone or withdrawn. There's an item combo with the Solace shield you get from the Drake in the Endless Paths lvl 5 and the Blaidh Golan hide armor from the sanatorium: you will have +100 to all defenses while prone or stunned - making you untouchable while your chant burns/slashes the world.

Later on you can use Black Sanctuary's Withdraw spell binding to make yourself invulnerable while chanting. Be sure to summon something first or the encounter will end immediately.

And another trick: Dragon Thrashed and some invocations like Killers Froze Stiff profit from one handed wielding. Not the talent, but the +12 ACC you automatically get while only using one single weapon. So - if you have problems hitting enemies with Dragon Thrashed you can switch from tank to kite mode and use a single weapon which will give you +12 ACC for the chant and invocations.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Anyone tried to solo a Chanter/PotD?

And are they any fun?

For now i finished the game in PotD with solo Priest and solo Cipher.

The one who is most OP is the Priest, but also the most fun to play.

I soloed the game potd with every char execpt ranger, in my opinion Chanter is by far the easiest one. But is more about how you want to play than anything else: i like to never run and do encounters without cheese tactics ( kiting, split pull ecc), and atm my fav chars are

1) Chanter ( builded full def, dragon trashed)

2) Druid ( storms, cc spells, more storms, shapeshift and eat survivors)

3) Barbarian ( more builds possible, i most like Godansthunyr+dragon maw or spelltongue)

4) Monk ( more builds possible, i enjoyed my anvil build, search in the build archive)

They are all robust and capable for good aoe dmg. Clearly other very good choices are wiz and Priest, but as i said is a matter of playstile.

But returning to your question: Yes, Chanter is an Easy and fun way to complete the game solo potd, imho also the best one of you want to try the "ultimate"

Edited by Dr <3
  • Like 1

It's not like that. Usually there are enough camping supplies. You only have to use resting bonuses and consumables in the tough encounters. A lot can be done with pulling, splitting and kiting early on. Later it gets a lot easier. I never had to rest excessively - except in the Temple of Eothas.

Yes, a priest solo is actually one if the easiest classes for solo in my experience. For example Triumph of the Crusaders is like it's made for solo. :)

Chanter is the other class that can be equally easy. In the early game the summoned phantom is very strong. White Worms can be reused on corpses when you pile them up at chokepoints and lure other enemies there - perfect for tough dungeons. For example Raedrics Castle is easy that way once you managed to pile up some corpses at a doorway. You have to turn off the game's gib option and don't reload because reloading or leaving the map removes corpses.

The Dragon Thrashed deals a lot of damage while you can do other things like drinking a potion, cast a scroll, attack a bit or even kite the enemy. The AoE is huge and also works with Wood Elf's racial ability. And with the beastslayer phrase you can even hit dragons with it reliably.

It also works while you are prone or withdrawn. There's an item combo with the Solace shield you get from the Drake in the Endless Paths lvl 5 and the Blaidh Golan hide armor from the sanatorium: you will have +100 to all defenses while prone or stunned - making you untouchable while your chant burns/slashes the world.

Later on you can use Black Sanctuary's Withdraw spell binding to make yourself invulnerable while chanting. Be sure to summon something first or the encounter will end immediately.

And another trick: Dragon Thrashed and some invocations like Killers Froze Stiff profit from one handed wielding. Not the talent, but the +12 ACC you automatically get while only using one single weapon. So - if you have problems hitting enemies with Dragon Thrashed you can switch from tank to kite mode and use a single weapon which will give you +12 ACC for the chant and invocations.

You don't understand - a full party can go hours without having to rest and backtrack. Compared to that, solo is in fact tons of resting. Supplies are pretty well distributed in the white march expansions, but not so in the main content.

Chanter and paladin notwithstanding, of course. Those classes are incredibly boring but also resilient as a result.