Coup or attempted coup in Turkey

Malcador

Turkey Stronk!

Turkish army continue their  offense to Manjib - US cut all support to Kurdish allies and  calmly watch how they die.

st to Murikans.

You close to the reality of the world but you just have it the wrong way around, if you want a prosperous and happy society you need to trust the West and follow there systems of government and ideology where applicable 

Think about Russia and the economic crisis you face, if you had followed the Western system of economic growth you wouldn't be in this recession you are in 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

if you want a prosperous and happy society you need to trust the West and follow there systems of government and ideology where applicable

USSR in 1986-1991 - cause epic fail. Same story about any country from Third world - trust the West is some sort of painful suicide.

If you had followed the Western system of economic growth you wouldn't be in this recession you are in

Capitalism in Russia - check

Western business in Russia (my Murikan company for example) - check

Western values (democracy, liberalism etc) in Russia - check

still no growth.

Bruce - you must try harder. :p

Your problem - you don't understand economic difference between who rob (West) and who must be robbed (anyone else).

Bruce ignores what Oby writes just continue the rara cheering even though Oby is sadly right. What Murikans are doing in this situation is evil. But, that's Obama for you - always preferring to side with the scum and tunr on  those considered close allies.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well, at least on this forum there seems to be nobody who believes that the Turkish offense took place for any other purpose than to keep YPG from cutting off ISIS supply lines.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

German analysis  -  why Kurdish partnership with US is road to epic fail.

https://linkezeitung.de/2016/08/26/rojava-taktisches-buendnis-mit-us-imperialismus-fuehrt-zur-niederlage/

Short translation - Kurds chose wrong side and have butthurt from this now. Their fate can be much better if they deal with some Evil force from the North - The Force what always obey to contracts.  

7923375.jpg

Because Germans are true Europeans and representatives of the West (in difference with some African guy on this forum) this analysis is quite important for understanding true Western values and true Western culture.

They will cut the ISIS supply lines eventually as they want that whole border area held by their proxy forces and they know that ISIS is done, all they can do is lose to the government or the kurds. But they are actually being pretty overt about their primary goal being the kurds and to prevent them linking up with their western enclave in Afrin*, it's just that for some reason they don't show those clips on the news. The main 'FSA' (lol) groups involved are probably the worst of that entire lot- child beheaders (Nur-ed-din al-Zenki; named after a Turkish Sultan), Sultan Murad (murdered a doctor for being too sympathetic to Kurds, also name after a Turkish sultan) hard jihadis (Faylaq al-Sham; 'Sham Legion'. Direct translation, not commentary) and Ahrar ash-Sham ('Al Qaeda are our brothers'). Not exactly the shining lights of moderation, just the most direct Turkish proxies.

Unsurprisingly the YPG has not being overly positive to the US request to go attack Raqqa now.

*Or their complete destruction (and creation of a Quisling run area like Barzani's fiefdom in northern Iraq), Turks tend to refer to YPG as PKK which makes determining their actual intentions more difficult since PKK is actually the 'native' Turkish Kurd sibling organisation of the YPG.

• 3 weeks later...

Three interesting developments

1) US Special forces chased out of Jarablus by 'moderate opposition' chanting the names of 9/11 hijackers and about how they'd like to behead them. One of the more bizarre videos I've seen recently. The SF came back later with Turkish support, but that pretty succinctly sums up the state of the 'moderate' opposition.

2) Israel is bombing the Syrian government in southern Syria in support of... Al Qaeda. No, not a joke, seriously, there have been about a dozen Israeli strikes in support of an Al Qaeda/ Jabhat al Nusra offensive in Quneitra.

3) US is bombing the Syrian government in support of ISIS. OK, this one is probably accidental, however last time the US bombed the government accidentally around Deir ez Zour ISIS made significant gains soon after in the area bombed. Still, may have to adapt the old WW2 adage: When the Russians bomb the rebels duck, when the Turks bomb the Kurds duck, when the US bombs everyone ducks. In this case it's particularly unfortunate, the Syrian army forces in DEZ have been there for four years of pretty much non stop fighting and they're protecting ~200k civilians from ISIS.

There's also another truce, but it's a bit of a joke since nobody on either side is going to respect it.

Three interesting developments

1) US Special forces chased out of Jarablus by 'moderate opposition' chanting the names of 9/11 hijackers and about how they'd like to behead them. One of the more bizarre videos I've seen recently. The SF came back later with Turkish support, but that pretty succinctly sums up the state of the 'moderate' opposition.

2) Israel is bombing the Syrian government in southern Syria in support of... Al Qaeda. No, not a joke, seriously, there have been about a dozen Israeli strikes in support of an Al Qaeda/ Jabhat al Nusra offensive in Quneitra.

3) US is bombing the Syrian government in support of ISIS. OK, this one is probably accidental, however last time the US bombed the government accidentally around Deir ez Zour ISIS made significant gains soon after in the area bombed. Still, may have to adapt the old WW2 adage: When the Russians bomb the rebels duck, when the Turks bomb the Kurds duck, when the US bombs everyone ducks. In this case it's particularly unfortunate, the Syrian army forces in DEZ have been there for four years of pretty much non stop fighting and they're protecting ~200k civilians from ISIS.

There's also another truce, but it's a bit of a joke since nobody on either side is going to respect it.

How point to and three get so little attention is quite interesting.  

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Point 3 is a over the news here. UN council meeting in an hour about it.

Think it's just a screw up if anything.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Almost certainly just a screw up. Absolutely terrible timing though, and apparently a 'double tap' strike too targeting rescuers which is why the death toll may now be as high as 100, and for a relatively small defending force that's a horrendous one day loss.

The only real counter evidence of it being deliberate is circumstantial- the big one being that the US very seldom bombs immediately around DEZ itself so this strike even if it hit ISIS would be odd, because doing so actively helps the government and they really want their rebels to take that land since it blocks the land route from Iraq into Syria, hence why the direct US proxy New Syrian Army has tried to take multiple Syrian border crossings from ISIS at Abu Kamal and elsewhere. Also the positions around DEZ are relatively static and they 'should' be able to identify government forces from both position and by their equipment, flags etc with any proper reconnaissance. The alternative deliberate scenario is that there was bad intelligence from a 3rd party, either a Gulf Country or non ISIS rebels, trying to derail the ceasefire.

• 4 weeks later...

:lol: That dress in the third picture is glorious!

Wait, is Putin spray tanning?

He tans from the rays of his glorious spirit.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Whats even more interesting to me; do Russians or people that like the "Russian way" really think that is some kind of snazzy fashion statement? Or they think its a withering commentary on the state or West-Russian relations or something?

Its same as with shirts with Che Guevara or Stalin, most people doesn't see that politics behind, its just protest and most people don't know against what anyway

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I thought they just dug the mustaches

Edited by Malcador

They are Turkish designs, not Russian. It's pretty obvious why a certain subset of Turks would genuinely, or close enough to it, love Putin- Erdogollum obviously models himself on the Putin template. The Turks really, really want Russian tourists back else Erdy would not have apologised over the shoot down and tacky garb that no one will actually wear is a great (or 'great') way of doing that as is hosting Putin; doing so at the same time much of NATO are throwing a tanty is just an added bonus to both sides.