Coup or attempted coup in Turkey

Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Erdogan tries to topple Assad for 5 years

Gets toppled in an evening

This is too good

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Make Atatürk proud, men.

But then they might get into the EU :/

Well this could put the cat amongst the pidgeons in oh so many ways.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I think the powers that be decided that Erdogan was past his expiry date.

Trying to make up with the Russians out of the blue in retrospect smells of desperation. Some poster on RT says France closed its embassy in Turkey a few days ago due to "security concerns".

Guess the army is finally sick of Erdogan's double dealing with ISIS after the Istanbul airport attacks.

Being forced to just sit and watch on the border while ISIS is wreaking havoc must be annoying too.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

El presidente, your skype is breaking up

578957a4c46188df348b4596.png

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Well, this is... unexpected. And it's a bit guessing if this will be good or bad.

Seeing our EU-incompetants put the refugee issue to Turkey, we can see it return again. And as shown in the past, we are too incompetant to handle it ourselves. If the government tries to fight it we might have another "peaceful" Ukraine on our borders (so much peace we've gotten). And as Turkey is our border against Syria that makes things from IS far more risky as well for all Europeans.

Much uncertainty.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Doesn't look like they've nabbed either Erdogan or his PM though. That really should have been the first step if they wanted to succeed or not end up with different army groups fighting each other.

It is kind of ironic that a military coup probably would increase Turkey's chances of EU accession.

Isn't this army rising up part of Turkish constitution though? I.e. protecting the secular state from islamization.

Like a 2nd amendment, but one that exactly works.

Edited by HoonDing

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Doesn't look like they've nabbed either Erdogan or his PM though. That really should have been the first step if they wanted to succeed or not end up with different army groups fighting each other.

It is kind of ironic that a military coup probably would increase Turkey's chances of EU accession.

My logic is that if a group hasn't appeared to support Erdogan through force of arms at this stage, its less likely (practically impossible) to appear with each passing hour. 

At this point it would have to be mobilized externally, but I don't see who would go to great lengths to defend him as the new government just wants the status quo (albeit with itself in power).

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

How so... the EU thrives on supporting democratic governments being toppled (remember Ukraine? Yup). Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Erdogan is calling people to come to the street for him. He is a fan of protests now.

That tells you he's done for. If there was anyone to answer they'd already be on the streets, not wait for his Skype call.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

Well seeing people out on streets. Military is backing down from airport I am hearing

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That tells you he's done for. If there was anyone to answer they'd already be on the streets, not wait for his Skype call.

Well, from my news I'm hearing they are responding. Guess they're a bit more government-faithful than us Western citizen's (but seriously, who would put their life on the risk for them?)

^

Well, from my news I'm hearing they are responding. Guess they're a bit more government-faithful than us Western citizen's (but seriously, who would put their life on the risk for them?)

Yes in mine as well, although I find the delayed response strange. On the other hand, there are probably a lot of people in his party that are going to be out of a job tomorrow if the coup succeeds so they have to try something.

I see that CNN is shilling for Erdogan with the on-air time and plastering his call to take to the streets all over the front page (which neither the BBC nor RT have done) so I'm guessing the US administration isn't too thrilled with how things are going.

On the other hand, the guy Erdogan accuses for instigating the coup lives in the US and is effectively protected there from the Turkish judiciary (most-wanted on terrorist list).

Of course they could simply be playing both sides at the same time, which would probably be the best thing to do anyway.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Also news reports shots fired on protesters.

It might be people have no idea what's going on. I mean sirens and tanks my first response would be "what's going on?" if then you get no news till the President tells you it's a coup...

^

A coup usually comes down to psychology. After the shock does the country believe that this is the new normal ? Erdogan doesn't have a lot of friends to call on, just cronies.

Still, I am reminded of Venezuela, and of course they do this kind of thing every other year in Thailand and no one ever bats an

eye. 

Calling for people to protest, that doesn't inspire confidence at all. It must mean he is weak. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Guess it was that time of the month

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/754071903044632576/photo/1

Edited by Drowsy Emperor