That is entirely correct, Hannibal_PJV.

There was some early work already done on the multiplayer but we have a long way to go.  The main issues we are trying to overcome is the asynchronous game play of Pathfinder itself.  

An example is when you are requesting help from another player who isn't actively online and possibly hasn't set up assist cards. Do you send a notification?  What if they turned off notifications, does it automatically cause the other player to refuse unless they do have notifications on or are actively online in the game?

We still have to put together that leader board, too.  I want to look at the list of available players and also see that some player managed to put enough together and got some incredibly absurd number... I want to hang with that guy!

• Like 1

If I can give you an idea, an easy way is auto-help or explicit negation. If you are focused on a 30-45 minutes game time (rather than a time independent 'chess' game) and with high interaction among players decks at every step, the possibility of offline state has to be considered more easily a disconnection from the game itself (normally solved with end-game or AI activation). So, to protect other players, an automation protocol is quite necessary, and the player who exceeds a time bound (without a direct refuse action) triggers the AI to solve help request for every other player who hasn't denied the request and taken action.

That solves the problem, but requires you to develop an AI for single player and an AI for party logic, that can works both as suggestion (before time bound, and very useful for newbie) or active action (after).

The host can disable AI at the party creation and that could be a public info for player selecting game.

Also expert player are more independent and fast, but need a chat for sure, while newbies are slow and need bigger help at every roll (suggestions and additional dices).

Also the chat function integration is quite necessary, cause the original game itself brings players around a table to communicate directly to success. Otherwise you could have a working system with low winning chance and fast abandonment.

Then if you want to get the game to the stars, the voice integration is your shuttle.

I hope some ideas can be useful guys, I really like the work you r doing

Edited by RedPred

The main issues we are trying to overcome is the asynchronous game play of Pathfinder itself.  

An example is when you are requesting help from another player who isn't actively online and possibly hasn't set up assist cards. Do you send a notification?

i am glad to hear that maintaining the async gameplay is important to you. specifically to comment on your points i think it would be OK initially to just encourage heavily players establishing assist cards. it might take a few games or turns to sink in but people will learn quickly i think. 

anyways thanks for your thought on this. keep it up