Sign in to follow this  
Sojiro

Ezren and Displayed spells

I don't know if it's how the rules work, if it's a bug, or just me not using the interface right so I'm asking this here:

Ezren's Expanded Spellbook lets him try to draw a spell each time he uses an Arcane spell. But when he uses a spell that's displayed for the turn (like stat boosts or mirror image), it doesn't really work. I think that I sometimes get to use that power when the spell is recharged at the end of his turn (never at the end of someone else's turn).

Shouldn't Ezren get to use the Expanded Spellbook when he casts the spell, rather than when it ends? Similarly, if I use an attack spell, I don't get to draw until after the fight is finished and I'm doing the recharging roll, which is a problem when the upcoming card was an Armor spell that I'd have needed.

I haven't played Ezren, so I can't comment on the digital game experience, but you  are correct on the rules.

Ezren's power enables him to examine the top card of his deck and, if it is a spell, put it into his hand as soon as he plays a spell. Not after it recharges.