Things are not nice in Nice

Meshugger

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36800730

- Truck runs over a lot of of people on Bastille day in Nice

- Reports of over 40 dead, even 60 dead

- Truck driver and sideway passager apparently open fire while driving through the crowd

- Ongoing hostage situation at a nearby Hotel

- Accomplices still at large

- /pol/ plays Killdozer as thread theme

I'm going to bed, i've seen enough.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

GTA just got real.

Its probably too early to call it Islam related but I can't figure the right shooting up a Bastille rally. Unless they wanted the monarchy back or something.

According to eyewitness the truck driver shouted Allahu Akbar.

Frenchies gonna be crying for remove kebab soon.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

They should've had more truck control laws.

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 3

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

13690679_10154337809896171_5837424209853

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

They should've had more truck control laws.

Considering that said truck was full of weapons suspected to be illegal, I would say that there are things that can be improved in either how official do their job or laws about inspecting cargoes. Inquiry reports about previous terrorist strikes in France already say that French intelligence has grievously failed in its job, and I am pretty sure that this attack will not anyway lessen French government's plans to increase intelligence work and other measures to ensure that official will be able to protect innocents from terrorists.

There was also clear missed opportunity to tell how this attack could have been prevented if victims had carried guns.

Turns out, unfettered immigration of muslims isn't such a great idea. 

Most Muslims in France are citizens of France  (being old colonist super power has habit to make country's population diverse) and most terrorists in past couple dark years has been home grown.

Most Muslims in France are citizens of France (being old colonist super power has habit to make country's population diverse) and most terrorists in past couple dark years has been home grown.

So what you're saying is even with generations to integrate, they are still a dangerous presence.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Most Muslims in France are citizens of France  (being old colonist super power has habit to make country's population diverse) and most terrorists in past couple dark years has been home grown.

The guy was of North African origin. It was not a native French, even if it is 2nd or 3rd generation, it is not home grown. it is still a result of importing alien and hostile culture.

The guy was of North African origin. It was not a native French, even if it is 2nd or 3rd generation, it is not home grown. it is still a result of importing alien and hostile culture.

There was time when France said that Algeria is part of France (to 1962). Also Morocco was part of France until 1956

Edited by Elerond

What?

You can't just change the definition of a word to make it fit your narrative.  Well, I guess you can, but it sounds ridiculous.  

• Like 2

What?

You can't just change the definition of a word to make it fit your narrative.  Well, I guess you can, but it sounds ridiculous.  

He changed the definition of no words. And

No... it really doesn't.

Edited by Valsuelm

Yeah, it does.  If someone is born and raised in France, they are home grown.  It's not a complicated word.

Must mean every white guy born in the US is technically a Native American.  Those tricky definitions.  They're hard for everyone to nail down just right, even the left.

No, because homegrown and native american are not the same terms. :banghead:

certainly somewhat in search of a distinction, I'm sure.  To draw the line between them seems much more a matter of convenience to me and some people use what distinction they can muster in order to promote a narrative.  It's gauche to cite the dictionary, I'm sure, but it seems we have to start somewhere, do we not?

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/native

Guys France does face unique challengers and additional risks from Islamic extremism because of there perceived failures to integrate  French speaking Muslims from the former colonies of Tunisia and Algeria 

There are real ghettos in France where disillusioned and disenfranchised Muslims live who dont feel they are part of the French community. These ghettos are hotbeds of Islamic extremism, I would argue France faces the biggest risk of attack from extremism than most other Western countries

My support and thoughts go out to the French people  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yeah, it does.  If someone is born and raised in France, they are home grown.  It's not a complicated word.

Must mean every white guy born in the US is technically a Native American.  Those tricky definitions.  They're hard for everyone to nail down just right, even the left.

That's a gigantic fallacy if I ever saw one. Native Americans are, these days, a specific ethnic group with the USA. Unless you are actually arguing that almost the entire population of the USA is not "home grown".

• Like 2

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

How many terrorist attacks on Hollande's watch now? Even with the perpetual state of emergency?

As long as this is framed as an issue of criminality instead of cultural incompatibility the solutions will always be retroactive and ineffective. Army on the streets, lol. Who are they going to shoot? Are they downgraded into policemen now or what?

When are these people going to look into the mirror and see that their little social engineering experiment has failed? 

• Like 2

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.