Quest Mode not loading

maikuru

Question

How do I fix my save file

I would have to delete your quest mode save from our cloud and then you will have to uninstall your game. After you reinstall, it should remove your quest mode along with your quest mode characters. So you will be starting again from scratch. Your story mode should remain unaffected. 

Hey guys, 

When you tapped on quest mode, did you have a quest mode scenario already in progress or was it going to start a new one? Could you also post up your PFID# (located in setttings). Archangel, we got yours ;)

Thanks!

I starting a new quest with my Level 27 crews. Just two characters.

Still wait for Patch 1.0.3.7 Banana Bundle :getlost:

I am I the same boat.

From memory I had just finished a scenario and then the game reloaded. I went back in and from them on quest mode had melded with story mode. This occurred 2 weeks ago (before the last patch)

My PFID = 6D98A8E1E25C7436

Cheers

I have been getting apparent hanging starting quest mode after the patch.

My work around has been to do a couple of turns of story then going back to quest mode.

------------------------------------------------------------

Playing with

iPad mini 4th Gen iOS 10.3.3

Primary party

MERISIAL, EZREN, LINI, SEELAH

Hey guys, 

When you tapped on quest mode, did you have a quest mode scenario already in progress or was it going to start a new one? Could you also post up your PFID# (located in setttings). Archangel, we got yours ;)

Thanks!

I starting a new quest with my Level 27 crews. Just two characters.

I'm having this problem for the second time. I quoted this comment because I have a suspicion that it has to do with the level of the characters. My old party had reached level 26 when I had this problem, so I was forced to close the app and then, maybe because of my number of characters saved for Quest Mode, I lost the characters of that party. So I learned the lesson and deleted the excess of characters and started the Quest with a new group. Everything went well until today, when I finally reached level 26 again... only to face the same problem. At least, deleting the characters was a good call, because when the load screen freezes and I close the app, I can go back to Quest Mode and choose the same characters.

As for the details of the trouble, I don't know if it works the same way for everyone: my case is that after I finish a quest, manage my decks and choose the difficulty for the next quest, the game simply freezes in the load screen, so that I have to close the app, open the Quest Mode and choose the characters to play again.

Interesting... My character Are level 30 something... Don't remember how hight and have not seen this behaviour, but I was above 27 before the last patch so hard to say if that is new problem, or is it device spesific...

In the time of the transition from one update to another, I was in the same situation that you are now. The issue only occured when I created a new party and reached that level.

Ok. Then this is something that new patch has caused... The game crash when you reach the level cap of 27? So at the end of level 26 when leveling up?

Reward for 26 is blessing and reward for 27 is item... Hmmm. Nothing very special that could cause the problem.

If it would be spell, there is know problem that some spells like haste and some other cause problems in quest mode because They don't actually exist even They should. And causes problems in locations that contains spells. The location closes does, when you encounter "not existing" card. Not sure if these Are related, but that is my best ques. And even in this case it should be random, because card rewards Are random. Definitely something that dev should look for. These synthoms may be related...

If you can, make copy of your device save folder and zip it and send it to the dev team with description of synthoms.

Look this link:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/88317-quest-mode-froze-at-spell-reward/

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Ok. Then this is something that new patch has caused... The game crash when you reach the level cap of 27? So at the end of level 26 when leveling up?

Reward for 26 is blessing and reward for 27 is item... Hmmm. Nothing very special that could cause the problem.

If it would be spell, there is know problem that some spells like haste and some other cause problems in quest mode because They don't actually exist even They should. And causes problems in locations that contains spells. The location closes does, when you encounter "not existing" card. Not sure if these Are related, but that is my best ques. And even in this case it should be random, because card rewards Are random. Definitely something that dev should look for. These synthoms may be related...

If you can, make copy of your device save folder and zip it and send it to the dev team with description of synthoms.

Look this link:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/88317-quest-mode-froze-at-spell-reward/

No, the game crashes when I finish a quest and try to start another one, it has nothing to do with the rewards, but it was curious how this problem appeared in almost the same level of my old party. I'm having to select my characters in the Quest Mode option to be able to play again, but I'm afraid that even this isn't working anymore.

None of the work arounds have helped me.  Basically regardless of whether I select quest mode or story mode I am in story mode, as though I was just running 2 parties in story mode.  What exactly do I need to do to resolve this.

VER-530-20160715

PFID-CD1634E2A203472A

GameCenter Profile: Mike LP

Device: iPad Mini 3 64GB (Model MGJ12CL/A)

iOS Version 10.0 (Build 14A5322e)

I'm willing to install a beta version via TestFlight or whatever you use in order to get this resolved.

Thus far I've deleted and reinstalled the app.  I've deleted my story mode parties and restarted new parties.

So... Any update. This issue happens on any device as soon as my game center login occurs and my data is sent to the device. Can someone at least fix my save data so I can play again

Hey guys, 

We found the root of the problem and are working on a fix. There is good news and bad news for a workaround. The good news is that you can fix your saves, the bad news is that we'll have to delete your quest mode save on the cloud and for you to uninstall/reinstall. That will mean you will lose your quest mode characters. 

We are working on having quest mode characters saved to the cloud, hopefully this will be in the 1.0.3.7 patch. So if you would like to proceed now, or wait, please let me know.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

Hey guys, 

We found the root of the problem and are working on a fix. There is good news and bad news for a workaround. The good news is that you can fix your saves, the bad news is that we'll have to delete your quest mode save on the cloud and for you to uninstall/reinstall. That will mean you will lose your quest mode characters. 

We are working on having quest mode characters saved to the cloud, hopefully this will be in the 1.0.3.7 patch. So if you would like to proceed now, or wait, please let me know.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.