What You Did Today

Rosbjerg

Enjoy feline girth friend.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Not today today but last week or so I got a new car. Same as the old one just newer with a few extra bells and whistles and a much lower payment

My lease was almost up and they made me an offer I couldn't refuse and I need something until my Tesla never arrives in 2019ish

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Not today today but last week or so I got a new car. Same as the old one just newer with a few extra bells and whistles and a much lower payment

My lease was almost up and they made me an offer I couldn't refuse and I need something until my Tesla never arrives in 2019ish

'tween the solar city 'merger and the money being hemorrhaged by musk's various endeavors, am kinda waiting to hear that our ordered tesla inexplicable exploded while leaving the factory.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I bought a gumshield for lifting. When you have something to bite on really hard you are stronger, like clenching your fist. IMportant when doing max weight lifts.  You can do that without a gumshield but its not so effective and the danger of ruining your teeth is very high. 

mouthpiece_zpsyp0xvbjf.jpg

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Sounds like a solid plan, I've been thinking about getting one for nighttime use. I noticed I'vebeen grinding my teeth alot since I got "promoted".

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Sounds like a solid plan, I've been thinking about getting one for nighttime use. I noticed I'vebeen grinding my teeth alot since I got "promoted".

I suffer from the same problem, but I would not recommend those for prolonged use, they're big and tough but too uncomfortable for the night. I think we would need one custom made from the the dentist for medical use. 

Edited by Woldan

You're probably right, I'm not to keen on going to the dentists here though, their prices are insane. They're a bloody cartell, I tell you. It might be worth it though, because I've damaged another tooth. Then again, I could use a pair of those for those times at work when I really want to bite someones head off :p

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

We took the kids to the Udvar-Hazy Center last weekend.  It's basically where they put all the stuff they can't fit in the Air & Space museum on the Mall, including the Space Shuttle Discovery. 

I figured that all the planes and rockets would be a big hit with the 2.5-year-old.  He saw the first one hanging from the ceiling as we walked in and immediately complained that "It's not on!"  Apparently, it's not enough to see a giant hangar filled with historic planes, helicopters, rockets, and spacecraft-- he needs to see them in operation.  (Luckily, the cafeteria there has a nice view of the approach to the runway at nearby Dulles Airport, so he did get to see some planes go by rather close.) 

Next time, I guess we're going to Gravelly Point.

• Like 2

You're probably right, I'm not to keen on going to the dentists here though, their prices are insane. They're a bloody cartell, I tell you. It might be worth it though, because I've damaged another tooth. Then again, I could use a pair of those for those times at work when I really want to bite someones head off :p

I think what you are looking for is a muzzle, those are relatively cheap. I also suggest investing in a straightjacket, it makes a great, sensible combo with the muzzle.  :biggrin:

Kidding aside, yeah, dentists are outrageously expensive here too, at least the stuff that isn't covered by our health care system. I've heard they're make the most money per hour in the entire health business.   :blink:

• Like 1

You know it's a terrible thing to realize someone you love has grown old and is slowing down. I worked from home today and this morning I walked down to get the paper. As usual the dogs went with me. But for the first time ever Tommy had to stop and rest on the way back. It's a half mile walk round trip. I sat down next to him under a big pine tree with his head on my lap and realized for the first time how gray his muzzle and neck are getting. A year ago I switched him to senior dog food and he's been on glucosamine supplements for a while now. But he's eleven years old now and maybe it's catching up with him. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've had many over the years. I loved every one of them, watched them pass on and think about all of them often. But Tommy is the only one I had since he was a puppy. He was eight weeks old when we agreed to foster him. He couldn't stay in his first foster home because he had Demodex, a type of mange. We treated him and within a hear he had a full shiny coat. He was supposed to go up for adoption but I just couldn't give him up. He was my best friend by that time. After two broken marriages, four career changes, two houses in two states, and many other changes in fortune along the way he still is. I don't mean to sound sad though. He's got a lot of gas left in the tank I think.

Now my other dog Sunny... I'm going to kill that one! Or so I tell her. It's an empty threat. 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The owner says these two dogs I met over the week are a mix of Rhodesian Ridgeback and Boxer, but, they have squat legs under barrel-esque chests. And mean, overly protective, needy, unwilling to trust strangers after an extended introduction--even to those of us humans with canine in our blood. Disappointing, but I don't fault the animals.

Today I did it again, went to the comic shop and fell in love with the goth girl at the counter. 

All Stop. On Screen.

I took my dog in for neutering a couple days ago.  He seems pretty upset about it.  They also gave me a cone to keep him away from the stitches.  They kept calling it an e-cone, and I have no idea why.  I thought it was called the cone of shame.

He's recovering well though.  :)

I had a very tough half-day at work and did some class work. Went to a woman's house after I got cleaned up and things initially went very well but she froze up after we started moving forward. This is the second time in a week and I'm not sure if it's me or just bad luck.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Went fishing yesterday and caught a catfish. Ive apparently been accepted by the other fishing spot regulars, as there is an elderly Chinese couple (who dont speak a single word of English) that are always there and now she spontaneously brings me freshly caught minnow bait to use. I had to bust out Google translate to see how to say "thank you" in Chinese, and I probably mispronounced it, but she smiled at the effort. :lol: 

• Like 4

I took my dog in for neutering a couple days ago.  He seems pretty upset about it.  They also gave me a cone to keep him away from the stitches.  They kept calling it an e-cone, and I have no idea why.  I thought it was called the cone of shame.

He's recovering well though.   :)

It'd called an Elizabethan Collar. It looks like the lace ruffles people used to wear around their neck in 17th Century England.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Went fishing yesterday and caught a catfish. Ive apparently been accepted by the other fishing spot regulars, as there is an elderly Chinese couple (who dont speak a single word of English) that are always there and now she spontaneously brings me freshly caught minnow bait to use. I had to bust out Google translate to see how to say "thank you" in Chinese, and I probably mispronounced it, but she smiled at the effort. :lol:

How was the catfish? Fillet & pan fry?

Thomas Sowell

Started to harvest my first chili. Ghost peppers, I tried them. With those evil things you can wake up coma patients.   

They're several leagues above the hottest Habaneros!   :fdevil: The amazing thing is though, they're still tasty. 

DSCF6170_zpsjy2ixlak.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 4

He's recovering well though.   :)

It'd called an Elizabethan Collar. It looks like the lace ruffles people used to wear around their neck in 17th Century England.

But think what an amazing life your dogs have had with you, the fishing and trips to Cold Creek ....the wilderness 

I doubt any dog could live better  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Started to harvest my first chili. Ghost peppers, I tried them. With those evil things you can wake up coma patients.   

They're several leagues above the hottest Habaneros!   :fdevil: The amazing thing is though, they're still tasty.

I've never had the opportunity to try a ghost pepper. Habaneros from a little Asian market are still the hottest I've had...but I don't like the taste of them at all. Sadly, I think Jalapenos taste way better, but Jalapenos only very rarely have even a little real heat, and it's very random when they do. ;(

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Went with my mom to hang out with a friend of hers she's had for 50 years. Kind of cool to have a friend that long. She's up for major surgery soon so was good to hang out with her. Even if she and my mom talk an amazing about of BS, but that is old ladies for you.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra