What You Did Today

Rosbjerg

Old Thread Here.

Returned from an 11 day trip to Poland, which was awesome- I was there in 1990 and 1999 as well - and things are definitely looking up for the country :) (at least the people look a lot happier)

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Welcome back! :)

Got my new kitten today, wich is a bit of a problem, because I want to play with him while I really need to eat and then go to sleep. :(

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

So I am turning 37 this summer. Naturally I have had my fair share of rejections. And have rejected in turn. And probably I too could have been better at it.

But "You can file an application" is probably the most ridiculous line I have heard.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Yeah.

Tempted to actually fill out a proper application and get it stamped and filed at the police station, just to see her face. But I know it's more effort than she is worth.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Update:

Made a proper application, though the police refused to put an official stamp on it. Could have tried to find some other official, but meh - just went and downloaded an image of the stamp from the interwebz and faked it.

Send it.

Now I feel a bit like an idiot. But it was slightly cathartic :)

• Like 2

My location is being shut down again...

To explain that. A week and a half ago, I was told to back out of my lease and other things because the location was being shut down due to not making money (before I arrived... since I arrived it's making money, yay!) Fastforeward to monday, we're told we're not shutting down yet. So business as usual... until the paperwork that had been filed last week kicks in and we're listed as "Permanently Closed" as of tuesday. So we file MORE paperwork to get it reopened... to be told we were spared a total of one week.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

i was removing some weeds from my garden earlier and i found a stray cat with her 4 newborn kittens hidden in the grass. the cat ran off as soon as i got close leaving the kittens behind. so i took them and put them in a box under the table. then i watched from a distance as the cat was coming and taking them one by one back in the bushes away from where i was weeding.

• Like 4

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

One of the rabbits died today. It was around 4 years old. Not bad for a rabbit. Especially since i bought them for cooking. Well... that didn't happen.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Sorry to hear it.

One of my neighbours has decided to bring his pet bunny to the bar every day now. I feel sorry for the animal. All the loud music and people can't be good for it.

My wife got attached to them so they never "fulfilled their destiny" so to speak. I built them a pen and a house but to tell the truth I never really "bonded" with them. I always thought of them more as livestock. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hmm, got a customer review 5/10 for staff. In the text they wrote how awesome the staff was. Customers can be such...

I got a -100 on my Net Promoter Score at work...

Because the prices were to high (something we can't change at the branch level at all).

It takes 30 100's to balance it back.

Speaking of coups...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

wat

That was obviously not supposed to go in this topic. lol

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I dunno, I'd want to see The Coup live if I could. One of the better rap-funk-punk groups out there.

Anyways I've been trying to get a band together and spent the day drinking.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

They should add IQ tests to these questioners.

Or just include a "We don't have to serve you if you're drunk/high/horny" note in everything (probably more of a situation on my end given I get drunken people off a flight who ordered the cheapest car... when they're 7'3... and get pissed when it's a Spark).

Just booked a short little trip down to Vegas for me and the wife.  Look, family vacations are great.  We did some amazing stuff and I loved it.  But we also shared a confined space for 3 weeks, stepped on each other, snapped at each other, and had a good share of melt downs.  The wife and I need a little space to decompress from that.  There is no romance on family RV trips.

Are you trying to tell me that you dont have a bumper sticker that says "If the RV's rocking, dont come knocking"?

:lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Finally finished tidying up the room with the treadmill so I can use it again. Will be nice to excerise a bit more again.

Tomorrow have to meet up a high up from our new owners, hopefully won't be like the Bobs in Office Space

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Watch your stapler!

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

am having a weakness for those short ribs braised in root beer or dr. pepper.  we would eat short ribs more frequent, but am convinced that we lose a week o' our life every time we consume 'em-- so good and so bad at same time.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)