Tough time for newbies farming gold with new patch...

Hi, I tried some rounds with my 3-party (all I have at the moment)... and I got:

- 150 gold in Story mode at scenario 0-2 Legendary (before 200)

- 90 gold in Quest mode in easy difficulty (party is round levels 7)

Now, clearly I m forced to add quickly a 4th character and to get practice with it to restore the gold earned to 200 per match in Story mode, with the easiest scenario I can afford at Legendary...

And as f2p I can't choose the 2000 gold character if I want the Char add-on deck (meanly for Deck C cards) avoiding wastefulness...

So, at the moment I need:

- 1500 gold for a 4th char

- 4000 gold for Adventure 2 (but it could be premature cause I can't complete actually Adventure 1 and I have to play at Legendary to stack gold efficiently for chars...)

so the last becomes:

- 1500 * 4 (missing 'cheap' chars) + 10000 (character add-on deck)

= 16.000 gold = 80 rounds = ~50 h playing 0-2 legendary ...

Then:

- 4000 * 2/3 for the expansions ...

So, the game is really great but if you want just relax and fun you have to wait a year at least to complete the collection... 

And a little consideration about the price in real money... 27 € for a digital board game on Android is quite out the market. You have a hundred of competitors at 5-10 € (and Pillars of Eternity is about 45 € on steam) ...

And the game is very complex to learn and master... A lot of players try it and then go next one to get cheap fun.

27€ is a good price for the physical board game in the shop but that was the previous era... and I'm sorry about that cause I really enjoyed playing those games for hours with my friends around a table..

In my personal opinion at 15€ you ll triple the sells per month at least and double the continuous players that can then buy other new expansions (still for real money). Anyway you could try a promo period to see the outcome. And at 10€ I'd already bought it :)

Edited by RedPred

Hi, I tried some rounds with my 3-party (all I have at the moment)... and I got:

- 150 gold in Story mode at scenario 0-2 Legendary (before 200)

- 90 gold in Quest mode in easy difficulty (party is round levels 7)

Now, clearly I m forced to add quickly a 4th character and to get practice with it to restore the gold earned to 200 per match in Story mode, with the easiest scenario I can afford at Legendary...

And as f2p I can't choose the 2000 gold character if I want the Char add-on deck (meanly for Deck C cards) avoiding wastefulness...

So, at the moment I need:

- 1500 gold for a 4th char

- 4000 gold for Adventure 2 (but it could be premature cause I can't complete actually Adventure 1 and I have to play at Legendary to stack gold efficiently for chars...)

so the last becomes:

- 1500 * 4 (missing 'cheap' chars) + 10000 (character add-on deck)

= 16.000 gold = 80 rounds = ~50 h playing 0-2 legendary ...

Then:

- 4000 * 2/3 for the expansions ...

So, the game is really great but if you want just relax and fun you have to wait a year at least to complete the collection... 

And a little consideration about the price in real money... 27 € for a digital board game on Android is quite out the market. You have a hundred of competitors at 5-10 € (and Pillars of Eternity is about 45 € on steam) ...

And the game is very complex to learn and master... A lot of players try it and then go next one to get cheap fun.

27€ is a good price for the physical board game in the shop but that was the previous era... and I'm sorry about that cause I really enjoyed playing those games for hours with my friends around a table..

In my personal opinion at 15€ you ll triple the sells per month at least and double the continuous players that can then buy other new expansions (still for real money). Anyway you could try a promo period to see the outcome. And at 10€ I'd already bought it :)

Hi,

Mostly I don't agree with your points, and even the math seems wrong. Also, you should note that getting everything for free is not supposed to be too easy.

- in one round you don't get 200 gold. You get more for closing locations, defeating monsters etc.

- I dont understand that how playing around 50 hours is equal to wait for a year

- I think the price is right where it is. It is basically $0 if you play for free, and $25 is basically game+expansion pass

Also, I think you are wrong about the "Era" when stating this :

"27€ is a good price for the physical board game in the shop but that was the previous era... and I'm sorry about that cause I really enjoyed playing those games for hours with my friends around a table.."

The physical version of the game costs $59,99 ( which is AP0-1) + $19.99 for every AP after te first. Since the 4th base set will be released soon, I don't think physical boardgames did lost their appeal, and definitely not Pathfinder ACG.

Also, I don't think PAthfinder Adventures targets the same market as those very cheap and quick to forgat games on the Android store.

• Like 2

Mostly I don't agree with your points, and even the math seems wrong. Also, you should note that getting everything for free is not supposed to be too easy.

- in one round you don't get 200 gold. You get more for closing locations, defeating monsters etc.

- I dont understand that how playing around 50 hours is equal to wait for a year

- I think the price is right where it is. It is basically $0 if you play for free, and $25 is basically game+expansion pass

Also, I think you are wrong about the "Era" when stating this :

"27€ is a good price for the physical board game in the shop but that was the previous era... and I'm sorry about that cause I really enjoyed playing those games for hours with my friends around a table.."

The physical version of the game costs $59,99 ( which is AP0-1) + $19.99 for every AP after te first. Since the 4th base set will be released soon, I don't think physical boardgames did lost their appeal, and definitely not Pathfinder ACG.

Also, I don't think PAthfinder Adventures targets the same market as those very cheap and quick to forgat games on the Android store.

If you have a good game you want to expand the players to maximum. This is a great game but with low appeal for complexity, instability (previously) and cost. You can check yourself with the average rank users have given to it on the Android market. Also with the total download compared to similar popular game. I was literally missing this game for that and now I really think this game is a way better! But I continued because I know what I was looking for (I m quite aged..)

All the physical board game are going in the history books... It's quite normal when 4 children can connect on the internet from their own homes (and country) and play the digital version of the same game (and there is a digital version of everything now).

The physical version is a way funnier but new players hardly know it while they are after shooter or real-time strategy game or every other game for pc or playstation or xbox or ... and only few parents have ever played it. You need more statistical data and trend analysis to change that. I'm sorry, but also the physical books are going to disappear (trees all around the world are very happy about that) :)

When I said a year I mean a player who play occasionally for months perhaps a year. I rushed down my thoughts and my English killed me..

Anyway we talk about 20.000 gold in total with 200 gold/h in my (newbie) case, for 100 h.

So 100 h with sessions of 1h/day are 100 days. If you play 2 times a week are 50 weeks (about 1 year).

My maths is quite good, the statistical distribution of casual or dedicated players with the average playtime then is just a rough estimation.. :)

All the physical board game are going in the history books... It's quite normal when 4 children can connect on the internet from their own homes (and country) and play the digital version of the same game (and there is a digital version of everything now).

The physical version is a way funnier but new players hardly know it while they are after shooter or real-time strategy game or every other game for pc or playstation or xbox or ... and only few parents have ever played it. You need more statistical data and trend analysis to change that. I'm sorry, but also the physical books are going to disappear (trees all around the world are very happy about that) :)

When I said a year I mean a player who play occasionally for months perhaps a year. I rushed down my thoughts and my English killed me..

Anyway we talk about 20.000 gold in total with 200 gold/h in my (newbie) case, for 100 h.

So 100 h with sessions of 1h/day are 100 days. If you play 2 times a week are 50 weeks (about 1 year).

My maths is quite good, the statistical distribution of casual or dedicated players with the average playtime then is just a rough estimation.. :)

Please, don't state your personal opinion as if it were a fact.

1. I didn't found a newer source in a 15 second google search, but ICV2 listed a growth from $100 million to $125 million from 2013 to 2014 on hobby boardgame market, which is a 25% growth

http://icv2.com/articles/markets/view/32102/hobby-games-market-climbs-880-million

2. I have a few dozen boardgames on my shelf, and about 80% of them is not available digital, at least not legally

3. You keep ignoring the fact that scenairo reward is not the only gold income. I think you can count at least a extra 20-30% for defeating monsters, closing locations

4. 1 scenairo/hour will be better as you get more experinced in the game. For me playing a 3 character quest mode scenairo is about 20 mins for around 150 gold. (125 reward + other things)

Also, if you don't paly regulary then it's expeted that you won't be able to unlock everything. As with every f2p game : grind or pay. If you don't spend either money or time as a resource you won't get a return.

My only purchase was a 200 gold/day once (that's less than 6000 gold, as I wasn't able to claim it every day), and some treasure chest from humblebundle which is irrelevant for the regular content's unlock. I was able to unlock everything so far, and I have gold waiting for AP 4. I play almost exclusively only while traveling to work, and not even every day. So getting everything fro free is totally possible.

• Like 1

Sure u can have that revenue for hour, cause u'r not a newbie like me! Cause u don't have to read again and again the description of weapons, of blessings, of enemies, of allies, of scenarios rules, of closing conditions to combine all the stuff together while managing the increased size party.

Perhaps you just miss the word 'newbies' in the thread title. It's just before 'farming'. This is a thread for players without experience, so don't say to resolve it getting more expertise cause u can close everything in 20 minutes because none is interested in how good you are. Sure you are better than me in the game, everyone more experienced than me is a way better than me. Who doesn't know? Who care about that here? Why are you posting here? I think you wrote in the wrong session. Go to expert one...

With this patch all newbies get less gold cause they have lesser party size (2-3) and they still loose the game half the time. Collecting gold now requires more time, and if the player is a casual one, much more time.

Then u have shelves full of board games and you came to digital one... you have just greatly supported my thesis. Thanks.

Edited by RedPred

My calculations from the previous versions was that I could complete a Legendary run with 2 characters in 15 minutes, I would gain about 30 gold just closing locations and killing monsters. Netting about 920 gold per hour.

Now, judging by your numbers, (taking in to account that turn length is pretty much the same no matter which characters you play, and not counting that in theory you would net more gold with 3 characters as there are more monsters and more locations to close) You should be able to net 720 per hour, that means every 2 hours and 6 minutes you can unlock a new character. Compared to the 1 hour and 36 minutes it would previously take to get a character.

This also doesn't take into account that NOW as you unlock and add more characters, the reward for completing a scenario will increase, AND there will be yet MORE monsters to kill and locations to close, increasing your take even more!

So I'd actually say that farming for you newbs is EASIER, since now you get scalable rewards. And when you figure out how to play with 6 characters you will rake in the gold. As compared to us people who had to slog through static rewards!

And if you want to argue about the feasibility of farming, before Humble Bundle I opened 126 chests. 48 of those were purchased with $$, 1 was the initial chest, and the rest were purchased in increments of 11 at 10,000 gold a pop. That's 70,000 gold.

For newbies..instead of focusing on getting gold, i suggest farming first for excellent cards for your chosen characters..even to the point of forfeiting games so you can re-farm a certain location.

1. Better cards means consistency in winning scenario and in the fastest possible way.

2. Also over the limit cards from your deck after a scenario even if you lose/forfeit converts them to gold.

Another thought..most efficient way to farm is on legendary..hardly something a newbie can handle. And yeah getting only one of the c-deck might be a waste at first, but getting that Ezren (to close arcane/int locations) or Seelah (powerhouse) much improves your consistency ( also enables party bonus ) that adds significantly on your gold farming.

• Like 2

And every Newbie should stop being a Newbie someway down the road to unlock all those nice things...

Because if you played a game 30+ hours I would think that you don't are a Newbie anymore...

• Like 2

@RedPred

If you still a newbie for 200 hours then you will have more serious issues for grinding than I predicted. And for most things in life.

But I think you will find the game easier to play after a few scenairos. You know, everybody was a newbie once (even me :thumbsup: )