Too many bugs after last patch 1.0.3.5

Yury1975

Question

It seems that unfortunately the game becomes more and more buggy after each patch.

I started Hero Comes The Flood on Legendary difficulty. First surprise was that legendary difficulty costs only 50$, but previous difficulties costs 100$ and 150$. Strange. But ok, who cares about gold.

Then I played the scenario and generally speaking lost it since I acquired only 8 allies among 18 (no allies were discarded). But second surprise - I received a victory.

And final surprise - I have recieved the scenario reward (all acquired allies) regardless the fact that I beat this scenario more than once before with the same heroes and already recieved this reward before.

I'm really upset - too much NEW bugs in just one scenario

Edited by Yury1975

9 answers to this question

Hey Yury,

The gold issue is not a bug, as reported in our patch notes. 

- Gold now scales based on party size and difficulty in Quest Mode and Story Mode Legendary scenarios.

• Story Mode - A single character completing Legendary now earns 50 gold. A full party will gain 300 gold. A popup will come up when selecting the difficulty for a scenario that will breakdown how much gold is awarded for the base scenario, how much is added for party size and the total.
  • Quest Mode - A single character will gain 50 (normal), 75 (heroic), 100 (legendary) gold.  A full party will gain 150 (normal), 200 (heroic), 250 (legendary) gold. In the scenario reward, the gold breakdown will be displayed showing base reward from difficulty, party size and the total.

As for your second issue, we'll take a look  into it! Could you please post up your PFID# so we can look at your save? You can find the ID in the settings menu.

Thanks!

The display for Here Comes the Flood says the allies available is equal to the cards added (3x the locations, because each location gets a blessing, an ally, and a snake). However, that's not accurate. 8 sounds like a win for 4 characters. I believe the allies available are 3 + 2 +  2 + 1 + 1 + 0 for the locations an 6 for the cards added, or 15 allies total. And remember, allies that you fail to acquire don't count for either side.

Aarik, regarding gold (party of 4 characters):

Normal difficulty: difficulty reward 100, party size reward 0

Heroic difficulty: difficulty reward 150, party size reward 0

Legendary difficulty: difficulty reward 50, party size reward 200

Do you consider it correct??

Edited by Yury1975

Maybe the bug was the display of needing 18 allies to win the scenario ? The reward of 50 seems to imply a group of only one character, in which case there would be less allies needed to win the scenario.

This was a reported bug for party size of 4 - showing 18 instead of 15. At least, it's only cosmetic and the game counts it correctly. I havent checked if the other party size display correct or wrong values.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Maybe the bug was the display of needing 18 allies to win the scenario ? The reward of 50 seems to imply a group of only one character, in which case there would be less allies needed to win the scenario.

This was a reported bug for party size of 4 - showing 18 instead of 15. At least, it's only cosmetic and the game counts it correctly. I havent checked if the other party size display correct or wrong values.

You are right, there are only 15 allies, so at least my victory was correct (but this defect is quite annoying even if it is cosmetic, since you usually don't remember by heart the required number of allies to be saved).

But nevertheless the reward text is definetely wrong and giving the reward for the scenario second time also doesn't look correct (even if it is not gamebreaking).

There has been so many bugs since the new update. I tried to use the Spyglass with Ezren while his deck was popping up for his power to draw a card, so I cancelled the action to sort this out. The spyglass disappeared. It was not used, not in the discard, not in the deck, nowhere. Didn't come back after the adventure either.

While I was cornering the Villain in 1-3, I had Kyra in another open location that requires beating a Devilspawn to close. So I get her to fight one to temporarily close the location, burning her resources as I do it since it's going to be the last turn. Except that after I kill it, I get asked if I want to close the Location (again). I say yes, just barely manage to defeat this one without a weapon, and then we're back to the closing screen to pick another location to close. Except that Kyra's location was not temporarily closed but permanently closed. Apparently the summoned Henchman she had to beat in order to close the location counted as a real one, triggering a chance to permanently close it.

In the same scenario, Ezren used Invisibility to evade a summoned Devilspawn and the game still rolled the dice to burn a card from the Blessing deck (later Meri evaded one without issue...).

The illustration for Blessing of the Gods occasionally disappear, leaving an empty area where you can glimpse the graphic for the back of the cards.

After using Orik's special effect to pick a boon to draw from the location deck, the line of cards just sort of stayed there. The location was closed and the deck indicated as empty, but the cards that used to be inside were still displayed across the screen. When it got too annoying I quit the game back to the main menu and it was gone when I resumed the scenario.

While I was using Seelah's power, the card wouldn't be discarded. The card would be moved there on the screen, but nothing happened. I tried to press Cancel, but nothing happened (the button still reacted, showing it knew when I was pressing it). I tried to quit the game, so I opened the menu, that worked fine. However, when I pressed Quit Game the button would move but nothing would happen. I waited a couple minutes, pressed it a dozen more times, then gave up and decided to close the menu. Except it wouldn't let me, the cross in the upper right corner would react to being pressed, but it did nothing. Same with all other buttons. I had to crash the game to get out.

When using Seelah's Inspired Grace, it's easy to lose the card picked from the deck and start moving around another one (like the object that's currently revealed in the middle of the screen). That's just an issue of the ergonomic being badly designed (or designed to be more time-consuming than needed), but the card being moved around could end up staying there when the turn ended, sitting on the side of the board while the other characters take their turn (it usually goes away after a couple turns).

And many many others. Like when Augury cast during the fighter's turn ended up rearranging the location deck of the active character, rather than the caster. Or like when... well, you get the idea.

Edited by Sojiro
  • Like 1