Chris Avellone novella released

If I may ask, released where exactly? The backer portal is still reporting that it is unavailable for me, and I was so hoping to curl up by the hearth tonight with a good pipe stuffed full of fine shag, a well decanted Courvoisier and mayhap a spoonful or two of Laudanum to invigorate the spirit.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

If I may ask, released where exactly? The backer portal is still reporting that it is unavailable for me, and I was so hoping to curl up by the hearth tonight with a good pipe stuffed full of fine shag, a well decanted Courvoisier and mayhap a spoonful or two of Laudanum to invigorate the spirit.

It's in the game directory in the Steam version. But they really should add it to the portal too.

Edited by Infinitron
  • Like 1

Yeah. It's not on GoG.com either.

I was expecting a backer update to go with the patch's release, but it looks like not really (or if we do, we'll get it belatedly.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It's in the game directory in the Steam version. But they really should add it to the portal too.

Brothers and sisters, I have a dream: That one day all distribution platforms shall be equal, that our digital highways are free of the choking steam that clogs them, that the false idols to Gaben are cast down and shattered, and that we at last stand together as equals, and are not shunned as funny smelling Goglins up to no good.

It is a dream I have, a dream to some, A NIGHTMARE TO OTHERS!

• Like 4

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

It's on GOG as well now. It still says "coming soon" but you can actually click it and download it.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Yes. It's an unusual work of prose, disjointed and almost shattered, suiting the subject matter of Wael himself. Its disjointed approach may initially put one off but there is quite a riveting story if one reads on, it's conclusion is not unexpected by any means, but the path it travels to arrive at the denouement is rather twisted and obscure. It certainly made me far more interested in this god, and his or her followers than I was before.

An interesting read.

• Like 4

Tea for the teapot!

We were supposed to get a backer update along with the patch, as well as a change log that wasn't hastily put together for the beta; but as I mentioned in another thread, 3.03 was handled exceptionally poorly.

Nice of Obsidian to let us know this was released. Only found out today because I remembered from the kickstarter backer reward and was googling to find out what the hell had happened to it.

From what I understand, after a recent discussion with Admin, is that a Backer update is pending shortly in which all shall be revealed ... 

• Like 3

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I read it yesterday and found it to be an awesome read. Avellone told an, at least at it's core, simple story, but used it for an deep discussion about the themes of the game. It shows that he isn't an one-trick-pony and now I want to read more stories by him. Hey Chris, when do you publish your first novel :biggrin: ?