Well, glad I did not bother buying the DLC after the mess they produced. I made a poll about POE needing to be longer in development due to bugs and I got smashed for it. Seems though, I was right and that supporting this fiasco means that they feel entitled to never properly fix their game cus the fanbois said "it's not that bad." Serves everyone who supported this right to be honest. Obsidibug studios, never again will I support a product of yours. Terrible customer support cloaked in PR bull**** and too much fanboi and fan media support.

I think you are wildly overestimating people's anger over Obsidian's lack of support. By and large, it seems people are praising them for the great support they brought to the game.

When some feature, like multiplayer support, is no longer available steam product pages generally note that. At least be transparent.

Multiplayer support and patches aren't the same thing. Why you would think that is beyond me.

No...

There is a difference between an isolated bug (two eventually) and the no expertise of Obsidian to be careful when you create a new patch.

= Create new bug ! 

I remember Neverwinter Nights 2. On the game-system (D20 etc. mode, feats etc.) there is no bug.

In pillars, from begining to the end, its a purge.

And there is a thing unforgivable : introduce with a patch a major game-breaking bug. (3.01)

A patch = repair.

Edited by theBalthazar

Relax guys, really... the idea that the game is broken is simply absurd. There are issues, just like every game which is released. Really try and keep some perspective. As for this being the last patch I doubt it, wait for some official confirmation on the forums. Pillars is actually in pretty good shape...

• Like 4

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

I don't tell the game is break. Pillars of Eternity is a great game in general and work globally.

There is three type a bug for me :

1) Major bug (game breaking)

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84994-unending-combat-bug-at-the-maw-of-galawain/?hl=galawain

2) Intermediate bug. (removes possibilities).

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/88090-303-confident-aim-still-bugged/

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84542-30-sabra-marie-calcul-bug/?hl=critic

3) Minor bugs

For me, for the posterity, I think its Ok to think the Major and intermediate must be solved.

For the minor bugs its ok. Its not the question.

(The topics quote are just exemple, some should be solved)

Edited by theBalthazar

Love you nerds (well.. maybe not 'love', but at least 'like, like') 

Hey, I'm touched. Well maybe not touched, but at least lightly breathed upon. :p

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

The drama over these things is usually way, way exaggerated. "Unplayable", "there's still bugs in it so it sucks", "completely broken" - jeez, you really need to get your priorities straight. And if you're going to get worked up that much, do it over something important, like world hunger or stuff.

In this case, though, there is some reason to be slightly irritated. The bug was known (and acknowledged by a developer), the patch was in beta for quite a long time, and generally, why even do a "beta" when nothing changes anyway? At least some remark along the lines of "didn't fix Confident Aim because reasons" would've been nice.

Generally, though, the support for PoE has been quite satisfactory. :D

• Like 3

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Hey everyone!

Sorry about all of the confusion and speculation that is going around. It was a mistake on our part to state that the 3.03 patch will be "the last patch" for Pillars of Eternity. For that, please accept our sincerest apologies.

With that said, we understand your concerns and we are still listening to your feedback, which we greatly value. We will do our best to address the issues if we are able to, as we have for the past year and a half. You guys are the best and we couldn't ask for a better community. 

Thank you guys for bearing with us and keep on rocking!

• Like 23

We will do our best to address the issues if we are able to, as we have for the past year and a half. You guys are the best and we couldn't ask for a better community. 

Ha! Beautifully done, though it may have gone over a few heads though. You guys have done a great job since release.

• Like 2

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Thank you, Aarik.

If 3.03 is indeed not the last patch, then there is hope my interest in this game will be revived when 3.04 drops. However, I do maintain my opinion that patching was generally handled rather poorly since PX2 dropped, and 3.03 was the pinnacle of that trend.

Hope 3.04 will be different.

• Like 6

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Note that Aarik didn't say that there would be another patch, just that it was a mistake to publically state that 3.03 was the last patch.

Right. So it could simply mean it was a mistake to announce it as the last patch, even though actually it is the last patch:

https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/752920239654907904

"ICYMI while trying to track down an Abra, the new (and last) patch for #POE is now out on GOG and Steam!"

Fair point, but if that turned out to be the case, Aarik's post would be an epic PR fail. I doubt they wanted to fuel the fire like that, so I'll give them at least that much.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

With that said, we understand your concerns and we are still listening to your feedback, which we greatly value. We will do our best to address the issues if we are able to, as we have for the past year and a half. You guys are the best and we couldn't ask for a better community. 

Thank you guys for bearing with us and keep on rocking!

Great news! Thank you very much.

Finally got the latest version and White March downloaded - about to start my first playthrough with the expansion ... think I'll build a cipher this time  :geek: 

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Finally got the latest version and White March downloaded - about to start my first playthrough with the expansion ... think I'll build a cipher this time  :geek:

I am in similar situation. I stopped playing early cause I didn't like original version of the game without some essential functions and combat.

Are there any major issues now, or I should be able to enjoy it finally?

I read something about the stacking bug introduced again in version 3.0 which wasn't fixed in latest patch. 

Anybody can verify what is the current status of the game?

Cypher is bugged in 3.03.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/88092-psychic-backlash-bug-cipher-use-it-on-himself-at-the-begining-of-battle/

Doh!  I guess I can avoid taking Psychic backlash (though that does look like a cool ability)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: