@Sking Yes, why is the 3.03 final the same as the 3.03 beta. Did you push the old build by accident? You surely must have done something in the beta month.

"Credit" to them, when there were things like Heart of Fury which people beta bug reported as per still being per rest (or rather, you can use it once and never again) they factored that into the patch - you know, a massive bug in something they were hoping to deliver on which they'd put out there fundamentally flawed.

In other words, they delivered on the bare minimum they were hoping to (which they wouldn't have needed to make additional fixes for from beta to alpha if the coding had been solid enough to begin with) but then didn't address seemingly any other bugs they'd introduced in that process for this patch.

They deserve a standing ovation.

• Like 1

Ah, look at that: https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/752920239654907904

3.03 is indeed the last patch for PoE, as I suspected.

All right. The way patching has been handled since the release of PX2 was rather disappointing; the way 3.03 has been handled specifically, terrible. My interest in this game is dead—and so is my interest in Tyranny for that matter. Doubt I'll look at PoE 2 at all until the very end of its life cycle, to see if it left in any sort of decent state.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

That's disappointing news. I believe Sking said on another thread that this issue would be solved in a future patch. If this twitter post is true, then it's a crying shame, and will cost Obsidian a lot of goodwill going forward. 

In reference to the Confidence Aim bug post this patch:

Hey Loren, 

I added an issue. We will hope for a fix for a future patch.

I got your back

-Sking

Bull**** much?

I guess we should now all consider Fighters a broken class, or just never take one of their standard abilities? That's what everyone wants in a game right, a broken class??

It's also nice when a dev blatantly lies to you, and then tells you he "has your back".

Can a dev say unequivocally if this is the last patch on this forum? You know, so I can respec my fighter and avoid Confident Aim before the bug sets in - obviously the ideal solution I was looking for.

That just damn sucks for a solo Fighter anyway, because there's nothing else useful to a solo Fighter (or any Fighter) in the 1-3 abilities bracket: having taken Disciplined Barrage which is awesome, for level 3 Knock Down is crap in comparison - basically the same buff to your accuracy as Barrage as a debuff but rolling on their defenses and having a shorter duration. Again Defender in level 3 is practically useless and doesn't work with Savage Attack which is great with the Fighter's high accuracy, and Guardian is made for party play. Literally the best slot there even not solo is Confident Aim by a country mile, but I guess none of us should ever take Confident Aim ever again??

Edited by Jojobobo

What bothers me most about this is that a good deal of fighter class enemies are going to be unleashing an inordinate amount damage on my party. Doesn't Sly Cyrdel use this ability? Not looking forward to that encounter. A shame they couldn't have made this patch an all-hands-on-deck type deal. Leaving the game in such an unfinished state is beyond disappointing. 

• Like 3

Could anyone confirm if there are any enemies in the game that use the Confident Aim ability? I'd like to be prepared for any threat where the damage output is inordinately high. Thanks :)

Ah, look at that: https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/752920239654907904

3.03 is indeed the last patch for PoE, as I suspected.

All right. The way patching has been handled since the release of PX2 was rather disappointing; the way 3.03 has been handled specifically, terrible. My interest in this game is dead—and so is my interest in Tyranny for that matter. Doubt I'll look at PoE 2 at all until the very end of its life cycle, to see if it left in any sort of decent state.

I tweeted back: https://twitter.com/jessisjessw/status/752965822230958081

Contacting Josh Sawyer: http://jesawyer.tumblr.com/

I'll try and get on that tomorrow, I don't think my ability to post rational non-rage filled questions is working well right now.

• Like 1

Could anyone confirm if there are any enemies in the game that use the Confident Aim ability? I'd like to be prepared for any threat where the damage output is inordinately high. Thanks :)

Not sure whether there are too many enemies who have it, but in any case it would be high but not insurmountably so. Effectively, CA currently adds a flat multiplier of about 1.5 to Fighter weapon damage (well, and the graze-to-hit bonus, of course). That's a lot, but it's hardly game breaking like the 3.02 stacking bug. So in that regard the main issue is more that you cannot really take it for your own Fighters anymore, as it would be far too powerful (in my view).

Also note that it is a loading bug, so expect it won't apply to enemy fighters if you haven't saved and loaded in that area yet.

Edited by Loren Tyr
  • Like 1

Oo

If this is truly the last patch and there's outstanding bugs then I kinda regret buying the DLC's recently. To my mind selling a product you don't intend to support is at the very least disingenuous. Though it's par for the course in the gaming industry I suppose. Some companies are worse and let the community fix their bugs and then try to monetize their work retroactively.

/shrug.

• Like 2

Well, glad I did not bother buying the DLC after the mess they produced. I made a poll about POE needing to be longer in development due to bugs and I got smashed for it. Seems though, I was right and that supporting this fiasco means that they feel entitled to never properly fix their game cus the fanbois said "it's not that bad." Serves everyone who supported this right to be honest. Obsidibug studios, never again will I support a product of yours. Terrible customer support cloaked in PR bull**** and too much fanboi and fan media support.

• Like 1

Oo

If this is truly the last patch and there's outstanding bugs then I kinda regret buying the DLC's recently. To my mind selling a product you don't intend to support is at the very least disingenuous. Though it's par for the course in the gaming industry I suppose. Some companies are worse and let the community fix their bugs and then try to monetize their work retroactively.

/shrug.

they've been patching the game for 15 months, it's a bit rich to say they "don't intend to support" it.
  • Like 1

Oo

/shrug.

they've been patching the game for 15 months, it's a bit rich to say they "don't intend to support" it.

The game is still broken and the announced that 3.03 is the last patch. Thus is is not properly supported:

https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/752920239654907904

Edited by Baladas
  • Like 1

Having a couple of bugs still in there isn't "broken". Computer RPGs are inevitably going to have some jank in them just because of the myriad systems and mechanics at work. Look at big AAA titles like Fallout 4 and Dragon Age which still can't get out the door bug free.

• Like 1

Having a couple of bugs still in there isn't "broken". Computer RPGs are inevitably going to have some jank in them just because of the myriad systems and mechanics at work. Look at big AAA titles like Fallout 4 and Dragon Age which still can't get out the door bug free.

"Couple of bugs."

LOL!

Do you ever read this thread?

https://forums.obsidian.net/forum/104-pillars-of-eternity-technical-support-spoiler-warning/

• Like 1

Oo

/shrug.

I didn't buy the dlc 15 months ago. I bought the dlc within the last month. It's great that they released patches during those 14 months but it doesn't help me much if I run into a bug that effects my enjoyment of the game. At the very least potential customers should know ahead of time that support has/is about to run out. When some feature, like multiplayer support, is no longer available steam product pages generally note that. At least be transparent.

I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus. It's just disappointing. I'll be more wary of purchasing OBS games in the future.

• Like 1

Oo

/shrug.

I didn't buy the dlc 15 months ago. I bought the dlc within the last month. It's great that they released patches during those 14 months but it doesn't help me much if I run into a bug that effects my enjoyment of the game. At the very least potential customers should know ahead of time that support has/is about to run out. When some feature, like multiplayer support, is no longer available steam product pages generally note that. At least be transparent.

I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus. It's just disappointing. I'll be more wary of purchasing OBS games in the future.

It’s also a bit misleading to say that they’ve been patching the game for the last 15 months, because they’ve worked on and released two commercial expansions during that time. So it’s not really release + 15 months of support. Only in some way. Not pointing fingers, just pointing out. :)

Edited by Sir Ray of Light
  • Like 1