The UK will leave the EU

Pidesco

And stuff like Barosso getting the job at Goldman Sachs few days ago, which undermines everything what was built in 70s and 80s.

It's hard to convince "smallfolk" now, that anything done during Barosso's leadership was done in their interest and not in the interests of financial lobby.

In a wake from this news, Britain leave is not surprising anymore and even me, as a person who is first European, and then Slovak, thinks, that if EU does not make hard reforms, it should burn.

Hahahaha, oh my oh my.

I am not laughing at you, but at how these kinds of news just go by with little notice. The cracks are showing among the political class and the mainstream media, and i hope there will be some serious fixing done soon or Heinrich Heine's poem will come true in Europe yet once again.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I been's away for a while.  Glad to see you guys have kept up to date on how ****ed my country is getting.  I can say nothing, things just keep happening and I'm like "WTF?" and then more things happen.  It's like... I dunno.  Labour party tearing itself apart as the Blairites fight Corbyn, David Cameron has legged it to the hills leaving a poisoned chalice that is the Prime Minstership to whoever is foolish enough to take it (can't blame him to be honest), Boris Johnson is Foreign Secretary, Jeremy C-Hunt is forcing a contract upon the doctors while everyone is looking the other way...  Bunch of us are looking at evacuation possibilities, I reckon Mars colony is the best option here.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Bunch of us are looking at evacuation possibilities, I reckon Mars colony is the best option here.

The benefit of getting around a bit... I paid the 360AUD the other day and lodged a 'Returning Resident' visa application with the Australian Immigration authorities. Got the Visa confirmation in the mail today (just so I can print out my own copy, the border authorities have it all electronically linked to my passport number). I got 5 years now to make up my mind if I want to go back. Interesting times.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Bunch of us are looking at evacuation possibilities, I reckon Mars colony is the best option here.

The benefit of getting around a bit... I paid the 360AUD the other day and lodged a 'Returning Resident' visa application with the Australian Immigration authorities. Got the Visa confirmation in the mail today (just so I can print out my own copy, the border authorities have it all electronically linked to my passport number). I got 5 years now to make up my mind if I want to go back. Interesting times.

Good plan.  I know of quite a few people who are now looking into getting dual-citizenship in places like Germany.  

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Despite a youth spent travelling over most of the world, indulging my peccadilloes somewhat, and enjoying myself immensely there is simply no land I can imagine settling in other than my England. I will not say that it is the greatest nation on Earth, that would be untrue, braggardly and immodest. I will not say that its people are in any way special or unique, I have seen too many cultures and races of humanity to not acknowledge that every member of humanity is an individual, while crowds and cliques are almost always terrifyingly similar. It is however home to me, and its green fields, its old hills, its little lanes and overgrown waterways are somehow a part of me.

A little soppy I acknowledge, but I would pity any Englishman who felt he had to leave, and I feel the nation would be poorer for it.

• Like 6

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Junai:

It is one of the EU's main problems that many voters don't realise how important and influential European elections have become. It is not the fault of the European Parliament if voters don't know what they're voting for. 

Regarding the Lisbon treaty - yeah, right. Voting against a treaty that would give the elected representatives more power. Great move.

An EU army - why not? It's not really necessary, though - we're way better off with NATO, anyway. Especially when it gets to standing up to Putin's meddling in Ukraine.

It's not the parliament's fault if people don't know what they're voting for? You do know how a democracy works, right? The people vote for someone to represent them. You think it's a good idea to have a few elitists, representatives from the big corporations and bankers get together to rule the "serfs"? You should read some history. This has happened before.. a few times.

The fact that the election process in the UK sucks marginally more doesn't mean the EU travesty shouldn't be ended as soon as possible. Anyway, the people have started to speak up, and the reactions in Brussels to this resounding display of democratic power is.. frowning, and irritation. Amazingly immature. That in itself should tell you a few things about these lizards.

And the Lisbon Treaty.. You think these people introduced the idea of a European constitution in order to give the people more power? And when the people exercise their democratic rights and say no, the Commission tells them they're mistaken, and then they go on with their backup plan and implement it anyway?

That's a good one.. 

X - "Hey, Im'm here to empower you, you ignorant populist"

Y - Thanks, but no thanks. I don't want anything from you.

X - Sure you do. You don't know what you're doing. We'll put this to the vote.

Y - Votes no.

X - You're mistaken! I'm here to give you more democracy!

Y - Uh?

X - I will now implement the legislation anyway, since you don't know what's best for you.

Y - Wait, what!?

X - We have overruled your referendum, and crippled your democracy, in order to give you more democracy. Our.. kind.. of democracy.

Y - Oh gee.. thanks a bunch.

-----------

"If governments allow themselves to be entirely bound to the decisions of their parliament, without protecting their own freedom to act, a break up of Europe would be a more probable outcome than deeper integration."

- Mario Monti.

That's a cute one. He's basically saying, we won't let democracy get in the way of our grand project. 

Noone. ever. voted. for. political. intergration. 

These people stink, and if you can't smell it.. well, it doesn't matter. It'll be over pretty soon. Europeans are immunized against tyranny after centuries of suffering. The only ones who don't get it are a few deluded elitists and newly educated poli sci majors.

J.

Edited by Junai
  • Like 3

I couldn't decide what to vote.  I'd like to see if all that money that was going over to Brussels will find it's way back to the benefit of the taxpayer over the next few years.  It was on the news the other day that Britain will not be "rewarded" for leaving the EU in future negotiations.  I have considered living elsewhere in the world, but even read an article that the government wants to tax British citizens to the height of British tax irrespective of where they live in the world - they just top it up, or you don't pay anything if it's higher.

So it will be interesting to see if things improve for the working class taxpayer.

As Dutch citizen, the faster the EU dies the better.

Pro-Europe all the way, but the EU is definitely not that, it's a disease. And should be destroyed completely. There's no saving it.

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Given that among the anti-EU movement's biggest champions include luminaries like Vladimir Putin, the Le Pens, Front national, Rupert Murdoch, Nigel Farage (a man who had at one point said "let's go eating at the ch*nks"), Alexander Lukashenko, the FPÖ, German Nazis, the AfD, and Donald Trump (though he had to to be told what Brexit was), I think most can be forgiven for thinking the EU isn't all bad.

Seriously, I'd take the faceless bureaucrat in Brussels over this face any day of the week:

Rupert_Murdoch_-_WEF_Davos_2007.jpg

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Seriously, I'd take the faceless bureaucrat in Brussels over this face any day of the week:

Rupert_Murdoch_-_WEF_Davos_2007.jpg

I'll take neither thanks.

Edit: It's Rupert Murdoch Mr Hunter, media magnate and yes somebody you'd probably be better off not knowing.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I have no idea who that is.

Then again before Brexit I had no idea who Juncker was either. I probably would have been better off not knowing.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Article 50 was never supposed to be used says the man who wrote it

A former Italian premier has claimed that Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, which, if triggered, would initiate Britain’s exit from the EU, was designed not for actual employment but as a deterrent - and he should know, he wrote the thing.

Giuliano Amato was the man behind the European Union divorce clause, which if enacted by a British prime minister would begin a two-year countdown to our formal departure from the 28-nation bloc.

"I wrote Article 50, so I know it well," he told a conference in Rome last week.

"My intention was that it should be a classic safety valve that was there, but never used. It is like having a fire extinguisher that should never have to be used. Instead, the fire happened."

Amato advised that Brussels offer no concessions to London in upcoming negotiations, as this is the only way the British might reconsider the decision we made through referendum.

"When it comes to the economy they have to lose," he said.

The former Italian prime minister described Brexit as a "disaster", called David Cameron "mad" for calling a referendum over it and urged other countries not to follow suit.

Of impending talks, he said: "Don't give Britain the possibility of thinking that Brexit is a better way of doing what they have always done, grabbing what suits them (in the EU) and opting out of what they don't like. Brexit is a total opting out. They know this very well.

"The more they realize that they are losing, then the more chance there is that in 2020 [when there will be a general election] someone will do something about it."

He conceded that this was an "absurd hope", and as such wants "the negotiations [to be] dragged on so they won't be wrapped up by 2020. (Prime Minister) May wants to wrap things up by 2019, but it will be easy to prolong matters."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/694050/Britain-invest-UK-Brexit-economy-investment-vote

So looks like now that the shock is over people are starting to realize Brexit isn't the end of the world.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"The former Italian prime minister described Brexit as a "disaster", called David Cameron "mad" for calling a referendum over it and urged other countries not to follow suit."

Yeah, who does Cameron think he is? This is Western "Democracies", don't ever make the mistake of listening to the people or worse, enact the will of the people, they might just start getting all the wrong ideas.

• Like 6

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"The former Italian prime minister described Brexit as a "disaster", called David Cameron "mad" for calling a referendum over it and urged other countries not to follow suit."

Yeah, who does Cameron think he is? This is Western "Democracies", don't ever make the mistake of listening to the people or worse, enact the will of the people, they might just start getting all the wrong ideas.

You right Gorthie but I wouldn't suggest other EU countries follow a referendum unless a right wing party comes to power like in Greece and a referendum was necessary 

The reality of the world is sometimes the majority of people in a country may believe something but that doesnt mean its right 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If the majority of a country thinks the EU is cancer, oh they are SO right.

^

If the majority of a country thinks the EU is cancer, oh they are SO right.

You have highlighted my point perfectly, many of you guys in the EU who frequent this forum have certain negative vies on the EU

I understand why you think certain things, for example I understand the general frustration around the immigrants so please dont think I'm trying to tell you what you should  be concerend about

But fundematally most of the core issues some of  you guys have with the EU seems to be around lack of soverignty and how you resent certain laws been forced down from Brussels 

But this is where we disagree, its not realistically possibly to have a union like the EU without the central government, so if your real gripe is about Brussels that cannot change unless you leave the EU? 

And I know this is annoying but the EU is suppose to be about shared responsibilty ....so when Gemany insisted the whole EU must take in a percentage of overall refugees they actually did this from a logical perspective as its suppose to be about shared burdens

The only issue is its not fair for every single country in the EU to just now accept people who may come from countries that have no real understanding of the values of  a Western democracy. And also I'm tired of the double standards the West is judged by....why should there be this expected view that the EU must take in all these refugees when none of the Sunni Muslim countries in the ME are prepared to take even one fellow Muslim?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bruce, the original idea of the EU was a shared market and freedom of borders. So, basically trade and travel.

Not having a European federalised attempt at forming the USA.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."