Quite creative, i have to say:

65tis0t56eax.gif

https://i.redd.it/65tis0t56eax.gif

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 4

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Without Dubya's war on Iraq the world would be a much better place today.

It's funny, even Brexit would not have happened.

No thats an egregious simplification of the reality of the world nowadays and why we have to deal with issues like Islamic Extremism

Its ignores other much more relevant global and social events like the  Arab Spring that have contributed much more to the instability in the ME than the invasion of Iraq 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Sorry Fridge, but I already pledged my vote to Spongebob.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Fridge must have been born in the USA and be at least 35 years old. This would disqualify the vast majority of fridges out there.

A pretty good looking ticket methinks:

100_6863.JPG

Or vote Trump. The only major candidate in more than a generation who at least says they will try and make sure there are more potential Fridge candidates for future elections.

Here's the last major candidate to say such:

Alas, he lost.

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 2

Oh my, those have to be the coolest fridges ever.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuGd-N1aBkc

Trump made Ted Cruz appear to take a moral stand. Is this an accurate measure of how vile Trump is?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Trump made Ted Cruz appear to take a moral stand. Is this an accurate measure of how vile Trump is?

more likely is that this is a calculated political stand.  in a couple o' years, many republicans will look back at the trump candidacy as a mistake... somewhere 'tween mild embarrassment and colossal blunder.   sure, short-term this hurts cruz, but he is gonna be remembered (accurate or not) as the one man at the convention that refused to hop on the 2016 republican crazy train to hell.  cruz is planning for 2020.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

It certainly is a calculated move. After Trump crashes and burns, the GOP will double down and say that Trump just wasn't conservative enough. Cruz will take the opportunity to point to this moment and say "look how conservative and morally principled I am!"

However it still was kind of the moral thing to do and I that strikes me as completely against character for a guy like Cruz.

• Like 1

Heja Sverige!!

You seem to forget that this is Ted Cruz that you're talking about. Few people display such dishonest character traits such as he does.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

You seem to forget that this is Ted Cruz that you're talking about. Few people display such dishonest character traits such as he does.

Which is why I included the word "appear".

Heja Sverige!!

Which is why I included the word "appear".

I was watching this whole Ted Cruz event, its weird but I seem to dislike Cruz more than Trump and I'm not sure why as he hasnt been nearly as offensive or divisive as Trump

Cruz decided to bank on  a Trump loss in November, he obviously hopes the party will then unite behind him with his " you see I told you not to follow Trump " 

Its  a bold move but probably the best strategy under the circumstances...the thing is after the whole Trump circus the Republican party is going to be understandably under serious introspection and pressure going forward and the question will be asked  "how do we win back the US public " 

And I dont think someone like Cruz represents a progressive new Republican party that they would want 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Johnson/Weld has a new commercial out. I think it's their best one yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98mT-dIpo68

Anyone else sick of Republicans and Democrats yet? You do have other options you know.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Johnson/Weld has a new commercial out. I think it's their best one yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98mT-dIpo68

Anyone else sick of Republicans and Democrats yet? You do have other options you know.

Yes I get tired very quickly of the Republican convention because it just seems......cliched and misplaced. I watch for 20 minutes at  a time

I wont watch much of the Democratic convention either, I care about the voting polls and any serious events before the election but I plan to watch the entire election the whole night and I'll take a day off work the next day

GD maybe we should all create  a comment thread for those of us watching the US election on the actual day?

John Milton 

Ted Cruise is by far the most punchable of any of them. So I'm told he committed political suicide and that I might not have to look at his face again. 

yay.

Only if Trump wins he is done, like really done. He wont live down the " lying Ted" comment .....apparently he is known to do things like this in Washington and thats one of the reason no one likes him?

John Milton 

This one is pretty good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80S-cnNN4fo

@Bruce: this thread or the next one will be enough. We won't need two. Remember, likely as not this whole drama will be settled between 8 PM and 12 PM Eastern Time. The western states are seldom a surprise. Hillary will win California, Oregon, Washington and Hawaii. Trump will win Alaska. So when the polls close in the Mountain Time Zone that will pretty much be it.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Cruz, Bush etc. are sore loosers they all lost to Trump and should either shut it or support him. 

Do you still think Trump is going to win?

John Milton 

Cruz, Bush etc. are sore loosers they all lost to Trump and should either shut it or support him. 

Why? They are free to choose what they say and not say and they are free to give their support or not to give their support to people running president. It is after all meant to be free country where you can opposite majority's views. But maybe Turkey has it right and silencing everybody that speaks against president is they way to go in democracies. 

• Like 2

Bush (and Kasich/ Romney) have pretty much shut up, at this point at least. I know there's talk of Bush/ Romney endorsing Johnson but at present that's talk only, and they aren't making speeches at the convention.

Ironically, Cruz may have done a lot more for Trump by not endorsing him. And a Bush endorsement would hardly be an unequivocal benefit either.

Why? They are free to choose what they say and not say and they are free to give their support or not to give their support to people running president. It is after all meant to be free country where you can opposite majority's views. But maybe Turkey has it right and silencing everybody that speaks against president is they way to go in democracies. 

You right about freedom of choice but also this highlights just how divisive Trump is withing the GOP

I stand to be corrected but normally everyone always supports the actual candidate at the end...the Republicans normally unite behind there chosen candidate because the greater good is seen as " beating Democrats " ....but understanding this is different 

John Milton 

Bush (and Kasich/ Romney) have pretty much shut up, at this point at least. I know there's talk of Bush/ Romney endorsing Johnson but at present that's talk only, and they aren't making speeches at the convention.

Ironically, Cruz may have done a lot more for Trump by not endorsing him. And a Bush endorsement would hardly be an unequivocal benefit either.

Thats not really the point, its unprecedented to see this degree of people refusing to support the final Republican candidate (

So you can make the point " it doesnt mean much " but that would be a spurious view of just how controversial Trump is  and this will be reflected in the actual presidential vote

John Milton 

Thats not really the point, its unprecedented to see this degree of people refusing to support the final Republican candidate (

Except that is not what is happening among Republicans.  Trump is garnering support from 85% of Republicans according to 538.    So there might be a very vocal minority of Republicans in the #NeverTrump camp but it IS a minority Bruce.    

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/gop-voters-are-rallying-behind-trump-as-if-he-were-any-other-candidate/

That solid base in his party is giving Trump a foundation that will at the very least keep the election gap to single digits.  Clinton is having her own problems getting Independents (ex-Sanderites) on board, which gives Trump a chance to win.