US Election 2016, part III

Pidesco

The other thread was getting too long so this is now the thread where you come to lose faith in humanity.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Who are you guys voting for? Idiot or Criminal?

• Like 4

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Thats not a very flattering way to represent either candidates?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've got to admit that even though I have no stake in this, and it is really none of my business, I have to wonder what the voting turn out will be considering two such unlikeable and incompetent candidates are running. Be interesting to see.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Flattering? No. Accurate? Oh yeah.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

But on a serious note, a person doesn't have to like either candidate but cant we respect the institution of the election? Its the principle

An election like this in the USA  is unique, it is  too important to dismiss all the various people who support either candidate by name calling 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Neither: https://johnsonweld.com/

It's interesting to me that in many western countries the electorate is growing increasingly tired of the established parade of fools and seeking a viable third way, something better and more representative, whether it's a fools wish or not I think this speaks of an admirable optimism. Then again i've always felt that the electorate has been too often demonised or dismissed by smug elitists content with the establishment.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Actually the smug elitists are rigging the whole thing by ensuring candidates like Johnson are never heard from in the media. To date only CNN has given Johnson any air time and they generally do not treat him like a serious candidate when he's on.  The ask him over and over to talk about how terrible Trump is rather than any positions of his own. It's hardly surprising though. We don't call it the Clinton News Network for nothing. 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Personally I was surprised that Mr Johnson was such a staunch campaigner for the exit vote, the gentleman speaks numerous languages, is a great admirer of continental culture and history, and is a very avid traveller to all of the cultural capitals of Europe. He would seem, before the election, to be an almost certain candidate for the remain camp.

The whole not taking Boris seriously thing is rather his own fault however, the gentleman does cultivate and reinforce his bumbling nitwit reputation frequently.

Tea for the teapot!

But on a serious note, a person doesn't have to like either candidate but cant we respect the institution of the election? Its the principle

An election like this in the USA  is unique, it is  too important to dismiss all the various people who support either candidate by name calling 

No it's sad that these two knuckleheads are the best we could come up with for a potential president.   

Commie Jew or bust.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

No it's sad that these two knuckleheads are the best we could come up with for a potential president.   

y'know how many elections previous to this one has had Gromnir saying the exact same thing?  unfortunately, this time around we feel as if the universe or God or whatever took offense at our past hubris and presented us with a true nightmare scenario.  next election is gonna need be kang v. kodos to be offering a less desirable pair o' options. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

y'know how many elections previous to this one has had Gromnir saying the exact same thing?  unfortunately, this time around we feel as if the universe or God or whatever took offense at our past hubris and presented us with a true nightmare scenario.  next election is gonna need be kang v. kodos to be offering a less desirable pair o' options. 

HA! Good Fun!

That's it, this thread is over. Gromnir wins!

Thomas Sowell

Trump is an idiot but plays the media and the establishment at large like a flute. He is the worst of the republicans ever despite getting record amount of votes. He is failed business man, but still worth billions. He is a racist and xenophobe but people of all kinds of colors show up to his rallies. He is misogynist but every woman meeting him end up loving him. He is a anti-semite despite his daughter is married to a Jew.

The guy sure is everything. But hey, better vote for nothing instead. Amirite fellas?

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

WOD I want to recognize your efforts around posting more positive stories about Trump

No else has noticed this but I do read what you post, as I said to GD earlier in my opinion its not  helpful to generalize about either candidates as for me its also a minor insult if we say the candidates are useless what about supporters ?

But for you I imagine you must be aware of criticism towards Trump and some of it real but its obvious Trumps whole strategy was intended. 

I just think you guys  deserve better than Trump ....he wont win the election, its not possible. If he does lose would that bother you?

I wont lie I will be extremely disappointed with the American voters if Hilary doesn't win....but its unlikely :)

John Milton 

I just think you guys  deserve better than Trump ....he wont win the election, its not possible. If he does lose would that bother you?

Hillary is NOT better than Trump. It's just a different variety of bad.

Thomas Sowell

The tagline of the Alien versus Predator movie seems oddly appropriate.

• Like 3

Tea for the teapot!

Ruth Bader Ginsburg says she will move to New Zealand if Trump wins. Oh I DO hope she means that. The only, and I do mean ONLY reason I'd support Trump is I DO NOT want Hillary Clinton choosing Supreme Court Justices. But if he wins and RBG makes good on her comment (she won't) then Trump would get to replace 2 justices. If he chooses names off that list he released that would be a big win.  http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/11/us/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-no-fan-of-donald-trump-critiques-latest-term.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=1

Really RBG should know better than to comment on an election. That is pretty low class for a justice.

“Think what would have happened had Justice Scalia remained with us,” she said. Instead of a single sentence announcing the tie, she suggested, a five-justice majority would have issued a precedent-setting decision dealing a lasting setback to Mr. Obama and the immigrants he had tried to protect.

Dammit THIS is why it f-----g sucks to get liberal justices on the court. It should not make a s--t all difference to her that the decision would be a set back to a President she supported. And the plight of the immigrants shouldn't even have entered into her thinking. This case came down to two things, did the 26 states have standing to bring the case and did the Executive violate the law. Well the US Court of the southern district and  5th Circuit Court of appeals said "yes" and "yes". The effect of the outcome should not be a thing she troubles herself over but it's clear she was worried about how this made Obama look and the poor benighted immigrants. The only thing that matters is what the law says. The only way we will all be equal before the law is when the law is equally applied. Here she is ready to turn the law on it's head because that way she will like the outcome better. 

Another problem with this is if Trump actually manages to get elected every time his SG needs to argue a case before the court there is a whiff of bias from RBG towards the President. It might lead to something embarrassing like demands she recuse herself. She really should know better than to talk ill of a Presidential candidate. 

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

Thomas Sowell

“Think what would have happened had Justice Scalia remained with us,” she said. Instead of a single sentence announcing the tie, she suggested, a five-justice majority would have issued a precedent-setting decision dealing a lasting setback to Mr. Obama and the immigrants he had tried to protect."

Typical SJW Nazi. Celebrating the death of a man who did nothing but try to do what he felt was bets for his country that he clearly loved whether you agreed with him or not on very issue. EVIL. EVIL TO THE CORE.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well, I don't think that was what she was doing. Her and Scalia were actually good friends away from the Court.

Thomas Sowell

Ruth Bader Ginsburg says she will move to New Zealand if Trump wins. Oh I DO hope she means that. The only, and I do mean ONLY reason I'd support Trump is I DO NOT want Hillary Clinton choosing Supreme Court Justices. But if he wins and RBG makes good on her comment (she won't) then Trump would get to replace 2 justices. If he chooses names off that list he released that would be a big win.  http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/11/us/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-no-fan-of-donald-trump-critiques-latest-term.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=1

Really RBG should know better than to comment on an election. That is pretty low class for a justice.

“Think what would have happened had Justice Scalia remained with us,” she said. Instead of a single sentence announcing the tie, she suggested, a five-justice majority would have issued a precedent-setting decision dealing a lasting setback to Mr. Obama and the immigrants he had tried to protect.

Dammit THIS is why it f-----g sucks to get liberal justices on the court. It should not make a s--t all difference to her that the decision would be a set back to a President she supported. And the plight of the immigrants shouldn't even have entered into her thinking. This case came down to two things, did the 26 states have standing to bring the case and did the Executive violate the law. Well the US Court of the southern district and  5th Circuit Court of appeals said "yes" and "yes". The effect of the outcome should not be a thing she troubles herself over but it's clear she was worried about how this made Obama look and the poor benighted immigrants. The only thing that matters is what the law says. The only way we will all be equal before the law is when the law is equally applied. Here she is ready to turn the law on it's head because that way she will like the outcome better. 

Another problem with this is if Trump actually manages to get elected every time his SG needs to argue a case before the court there is a whiff of bias from RBG towards the President. It might lead to something embarrassing like demands she recuse herself. She really should know better than to talk ill of a Presidential candidate. 

No offense GD but hearing some Americans saying things like " if Trump becomes president I will leave the USA" is getting annoying and is just hyperbole and theatrics, Trump is a man, he is not going to destroy the USA

The USA  has  fought world wars  and has  been through decades of Cold War and is overall considered the greatest Western nation in the world. The USA has great fortitude and resilience and has always persevered over external and domestic threats

Yet suddenly " people cant handle living in the USA if Trump wins " .....I'm sorry but people are sounding like real drama queens. Where is that famous US equanimity and commitment to the country ? 

John Milton 

“Think what would have happened had Justice Scalia remained with us,” she said. Instead of a single sentence announcing the tie, she suggested, a five-justice majority would have issued a precedent-setting decision dealing a lasting setback to Mr. Obama and the immigrants he had tried to protect."

Typical SJW Nazi. Celebrating the death of a man who did nothing but try to do what he felt was bets for his country that he clearly loved whether you agreed with him or not on very issue. EVIL. EVIL TO THE CORE.

Volo that is another strange point you keep making, why in the name of everything that is reasonable do you really not like Obama ...why would any Canadian not like Obama. You Canadians have some strange and weird ways of addressing SJ issues yet your country  is  a very tolerant and well respected bastion of liberal values and your  PM as I said in the past is very inspiring  

Yet remember that story about those varsity students not knowing what Yoga was and the studio closing down. I lost a lot of respect for those students...how uninformed can people say they are?

John Milton