Stuck in quest mode (newbie)

Hi all,

I just started this great game yesterday and I can't success even the normal fight in the quest mode.

When I start the quest I can't use the expert chars of the story so I have 2 new ones with default cards (quite weak). Three times I got to the end boss in the corner but simply I can't beat her, she get bonus from my blessings and I have to roll three time to win, so I can't sustain all the win in a row loosing item for her damage... Also I don't get anything in the end and the chars reamins at 0 experience...

So am I stuck there forever? Any good advice or strategy?

I have only the starter chars, 1600 golds and quest 1 almost done in normal...

Thanks in advance guys

Its generally good advice to start quest mode after you beaten the game on legendary specially if you are really new to the game ( no tabletop exp )

1. By then, you have a good feel for the game.

2. Unlocks some free cards.

You don't get to use your story characters on quest mode. You simple must start over.

You only get experience on quest mode if you beat the boss / scenario BUT you get to keep the cards you succeed in acquiring on that scenario EVEN if you lose..which is key.

Its normal to lose early in quest mode specially if you have bad luck in scenario powers / boss..but as you acquire new cards, it'll get a bit easier. Don't rush it..focus on your characters card pool and you'll eventually get it. Keep on it and enjoy.

To help in getting content, prioritize getting new adventures first, then after finishing it at legendary, get a new character, add to party, restart adventure with the new party, collect gold for a new adventure..rinse repeat. Goodluck

• Like 1

To help in getting content, prioritize getting new adventures first, then after finishing it at legendary, get a new character, add to party, restart adventure with the new party, collect gold for a new adventure..rinse repeat. Goodluck

That really great :)

But I think I'm doing something wrong... in restarting adventure. I bought the new char, I built the new party (all 3 as new chars, and the old party still up for the last missed legendary) but after the first quest I got 0 gold... What did I miss? :)

Once you cleared normal and heroic adventure ( any party ) you won't be able to get gold reward from it. Think of it as springboard so you can do legendaries constantly.

I advice you to get a new character so that the previous adventure you completed won't become stale..kinda like seeing something from a new perspective.

You can farm gold on legendary mode or quest mode if you don't want to replay adventures with different characters and new combinations. I don't know if it applies on storymode but in quest mode..extra cards you acquired during the scenario (regardless if you complete it or not ) that are over your deck limit gets converted to gold, in addition to the gold reward completion.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I just started this great game yesterday and I can't success even the normal fight in the quest mode.

When I start the quest I can't use the expert chars of the story so I have 2 new ones with default cards (quite weak). Three times I got to the end boss in the corner but simply I can't beat her, she get bonus from my blessings and I have to roll three time to win, so I can't sustain all the win in a row loosing item for her damage... Also I don't get anything in the end and the chars reamins at 0 experience...

So am I stuck there forever? Any good advice or strategy?

I have only the starter chars, 1600 golds and quest 1 almost done in normal...

Thanks in advance guys

When I started Quest Mode, I got my assed handed out to me 3 times in a row (mostly by the same boss as you, actually). But each time I was defeated, I ended up with better cards for my adventurers. Now I've played a bunch more quests and haven't lost once in Normal or Heroic (not that it's easy either, I won too many scenarios on the very last turn to feel ****y).

Also, getting a third character helps a lot. An Arcane caster like Ezren or Seoni is a very good match for the starting characters and only costs 1500 golds.

You can farm gold on legendary mode or quest mode if you don't want to replay adventures with different characters and new combinations. I don't know if it applies on storymode but in quest mode..extra cards you acquired during the scenario (regardless if you complete it or not ) that are over your deck limit gets converted to gold, in addition to the gold reward completion.

Wow, I didn't know about that. How do you see that gold bonus?

Edited by Sojiro
  • Like 1