Them ogres ain't right

Qyet

Question

I defeated mammy in the first battle, the computer took the necessary blessings for uncles do lcations from the timing deck. That ain't right, is it?

Hag card says "before you act .....". I was attackng with a monk, I cared not about the spell problem. It did not give me the before you act roll. I really wish the game consistently did the same thing every time.

3 answers to this question

I defeated mammy in the first battle, the computer took the necessary blessings for uncles do lcations from the timing deck. That ain't right, is it?

Just to reiterate da_mayor's point, this is by design. This is a power of Mammy Graul's. Read her card closely when it is displayed at the start of the scenario.

Hag card says "before you act .....". I was attackng with a monk, I cared not about the spell problem. It did not give me the before you act roll. I really wish the game consistently did the same thing every time.

Obsidian changed the way checks like this work. Previously, EVERY character had to attempt the check (a real pain in 6-character parties).

Now, you only attempt the check if you try to play a card restricted by the the check.  (The cards are wrapped in chains, but you can attempt to play them.)

Yup.  The first time Mammy is defeated, she is undefeated.  When a villain is undefeated, the blessings come off of the blessings deck.

I dunno...  Is the "same thing" now to only roll when you try to play a chained card?  Since you were playing a monk, there WERE no chained cards (unless you'd acquired a spell or something), so it probably didn't come up.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."