I've started playing the game this week, and been pleasantly surprised so far. I saw a limited time offer 80% discount on the Burnt Offerings adventure right after unlocking it by finishing the previous adventure. So I marathoned the game until I had enough gold (connection issues made that difficult but not impossible) to buy it and move on in the game.

I thought that unlocking an adventure was what triggered the discount, but apparently not since nothing happened after finishing Burnt Offering. Can I expect (or trigger, or find) similar discounts on the following adventures, or am I going to have to pay tens of thousands of gold to go through what's currently available of story mode?

I'm seriously considering buying some gold, but being unemployed my entertainment budget is very limited, so I'd like to know what I'd be able to get with that money.

That discount has been available to everyone all along.  I don't believe there's a discount on any other adventure.  It seems much more "first one's free (or cheap)".

• Like 1

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

That discount has been available to everyone all along.  I don't believe there's a discount on any other adventure.  It seems much more "first one's free (or cheap)".

Just like pushers. :-

Especially since we all waiting for our next hit, Where the patch and 1.4??????

Still wait for Patch 1.0.3.7 Banana Bundle :getlost:

I haven't bought any gold personally and I unlocked all content and all heroes.  You have to repeat content quite a bit but it's all fun anyways.

I finished the first two adventures with Merisel and Kyra, then I added Ezren the Wizard for a run through, then added Harsk the Ranger for another and then I think I bought the 3rd one... I finished part 3 and then I think I started a new party with Lem and Valeros and ran through, then grinded a bit and bought the 4th pack and ran my two respective parties to the end.  Then I soloed the whole game with Seoni (except the end of Act 3 - Lem and Valeros came back to help with the last 2 missions).  After that I grinding hard until I could afford the 10,000g 4-hero pack and bought that... personally I don't think it was worth it - none of the cards were that great... if I had known I probably would have just bought the individual heroes at 2,000 each.

Now I'm saving up money to buy some treasure chests when the next patch comes out... with 4k in reserve for whenever the new adventure is released!

Edited by Frivolimous

So if I understand this correctly, this "limited time offer" is not part of a series of discounts but just a bait to get people into the game. Is it really a bad idea to expect the other adventures to be on a discount in the coming months?

I haven't bought any gold personally and I unlocked all content and all heroes.  You have to repeat content quite a bit but it's all fun anyways.

Maybe, but I don't have quite that much time to grind everything. If I play well to finish replaying Legendary maps quickly, I can make about 500 golds an hour (about 30mn to do it once give me that much in the end). That would mean 16 hours to unlock the 2 other adventures currently available and access new content. If I want to get the character pack, that'd be 20 hours. And that's mostly re-doing the same scenario over and over with a team made to work fast without taking much time to think, rather than having fun doing whatever I feel like with the game.

Are there farming methods that work faster?

IMO the character pack isn't worth it.  The cards you get for spending the extra 2k aren't worth it (I wish most of them weren't in rotation), and the fact that you have to save up that 10k instead of getting the characters you want NOW is annoying.

My way of keeping things fresh and fun was to add 1 character at a time to my party and then work to level him up.  It worked for me.  If you don't want to do it that way and just want to grind, make a small party of strong characters and do early content.  If that's too boring then sorry man, gotta spend some money.

• Like 1

IMO the character pack isn't worth it.  The cards you get for spending the extra 2k aren't worth it (I wish most of them weren't in rotation), and the fact that you have to save up that 10k instead of getting the characters you want NOW is annoying.

Thanks, that's very helpful. I was really wondering about that.

My way of keeping things fresh and fun was to add 1 character at a time to my party and then work to level him up.  It worked for me.  If you don't want to do it that way and just want to grind, make a small party of strong characters and do early content.  If that's too boring then sorry man, gotta spend some money.

That's what I've been doing so far. I was also thinking of earning most of the gold to unlock adventures in Quest Mode so that my characters get to keep advancing as I play. It feels much better to play to strengthen your team rather than just to grind gold.