Dallas Sniper Shootings

BruceVC

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/08/us/philando-castile-alton-sterling-protests/index.html

This is a big story and we still waiting for all updated information but there appears to be multiple snipers who targeted policeman at a  BLM  march

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

another social experiment failed, now I sad that and going to evade this thread as fire

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

This may be more related to some religious cult, not Islamic extremism,  so it will be interesting to see who is responsible

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This may be more related to some religious cult, not Islamic extremism,  so it will be interesting to see who is responsible

It's a bit harsh to call BLM activists "some religious cult".

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

It's a reaction to recent shootings by the police.

That's pretty much what the march was about.

It's a reaction to recent shootings by the police.

That's pretty much what the march was about.

We dont know yet, apparently one of the snipers/attackers was cornered and said  " the end  is coming  " which has  a definite religious undertone to it ...so the BLM  march could just have been used as the attackers knew police would be visible and in high numbers

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/08/at-least-5-dallas-police-officers-killed-6-more-wounded-in-protest-shooting-obama-calls-attack-vicious.html

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Snipers shooting cops sounds more like those doomsday cults who thinks that the end of the world is near.

RIP to those affected.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm listening to the news while getting ready for work. They said 4 suspects have been identified. Three are in custody and one is dead.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Cm0WeIRVMAE7wqQ.jpg

This fecesbag was a Congressman.

Cm0Y0SSVYAA29LA.jpg

Before the shooting started. Protester and DPD.

https://twitter.com/NPRmelissablock/status/751396163966885888

DPD Chief David Brown states that the shooter was a lone gunman and wanted to kill white police officers.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Aaaaaaannnnnd Congressman Butterfield (democrat) gets on CNN and says this is all the Republicans fault. Real classy. Never let a crisis go to waste I guess.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Any news about the motives of the perpetrators? You know, things that matter?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36745862

The suspect, named by US media as Micah Johnson, 25, said he was upset about the recent police shootings of black people, Police Chief David Brown said.
Five Dallas police officers were killed and seven wounded by snipers during a march against the shooting of black men by police, officials say.
Three people are in custody.
Mr Brown said the suspect had been killed when police used explosives placed by a robot to end a tense stand-off in a building where he was holed up. Before that he had spoken to a negotiator.
"He said he was upset about Black Lives Matter [protest movement]; he said he was upset about the recent police shootings," Mr Brown told a news conference.
"The suspect said he was upset at white people. The suspect stated that he wanted to kill white people, especially white officers."
Mr Brown added that the man had said he was not affiliated with any groups and he acted alone. However, police had previously said they believed that more than one gunman was involved.

• Like 1

What is going on over here in America?

It's the era of peace and love that Obola's election ushered in.

Geez WOD.....pass the razor-blades wont you  ;) 

Thats a gloomy and melancholic view of the current state of the USA

John Milton 

What is going on over here in America?

It's the era of peace and love that Obola's election ushered in.

Geez WOD.....pass the razor-blades wont you  ;) 

Thats a gloomy and melancholic view of the current state of the USA

It's completely accurate though. It comes from Obola's and the Democrats' cynical promotion and exploitation of racial divisions to keep themselves in power. Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Dallas reporting in.

To say I have nothing special to add. I didn't even hear about this until this morning, but it is kind of all over the news, so maybe I've heard a bit more.

Apparently the BLM protest was going swell and peaceful. The open carry gentleman pictured in camo earlier isn't even the shooter (though he is somewhat upset about having his picture plastered everywhere and getting death threats on social media as a consequence).

I heard this all happened as it was wrapping up.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Dallas sniper attack.

Police killed the suspect with an explosive device after a standoff that lasted for hours, Chief David Brown said.
"We saw no other option but to use our bomb robot and place a device on its extension for it to detonate where the suspect was," Brown said. "Other options would have exposed our officers to grave danger. The suspect is deceased as a result of detonating the bomb."

Holy crap, we have bomb planting robots? That's beautiful. *wipes manly tear from eye*
  • Like 1

Yeah, that is an issue with the police. Too often they come across as an army. Biggest issue with cops though isn't 'racism'; it is they forget the old motto 'to protect and serve'.

As for this attack, evil. Shooting at random cops is NOT justice for scummy cops who abuse their power.

This shooting is directly the result of Obama and BLM's racism and hatred. PERIOD.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

A tragedy, hopefully there are no escalations or reprisals, commiserations to the affected families and of course traumatised bystanders.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!