Mod/Option to remove/hide fluff from dialogues?

Nope, there's no way to do that. The "fluff" as you call it is kinda important. At any rate, the color is different already so you should be able to identify it easily, and good luck in conversations with Grieving Mother and Durance :-P

• Like 1

Nope, there's no way to do that. The "fluff" as you call it is kinda important. At any rate, the color is different already so you should be able to identify it easily, and good luck in conversations with Grieving Mother and Durance :-P

Sorry, but I didn't read Durance's fluff and had no problem whatsoever. So what is it exactly that is so important about the fluff? Which is exactly my issue. Important information in the fluff is rare to the point of none at all with few exceptions far in between. And the colour distinction is not pronounced enough for me not to be distracted by it constantly.

So what is it exactly that is so important about the fluff?

You might as well ask "What is so important about conversations?" since all necessary information gets compiled into your journal. Regardless, PoE is written in such a way as to emulate a book, not a movie script. The "fluff" contains essential information about as often as actual dialogue does - that is to say not all that often as most of it exists to point out unique traits of individual characters you encounter around the world or to show more of the world itself.

Now I'm not going to tell you that you're wrong to not read it as that would be stupid. Similarly tho, the game has never been designed with ignoring that text in mind, so no, there really is no way to "erase" the descriptions from existence.

I understand that the game has been written as the book but I do not like that decision. BG series was written with only dialogue and I find that style to be much better fitted for this kind of RPG. If I wanted to read a book I would read a book. I still find the fluff around dialogues distracting. It sometimes convey some information but I rarely find it actually important or interesting. What matters to me are dialogues - what the characters are saying.

Neverthless I was just wondering if there was a mod or seomthing which seems it is not a case so I will have to just deal with it.