PoE Crashes After Few Minutes of Playing

de24

Question

Hi All-

I've got a problem with Pillars of Eternity and hope that someone here can recommend a fix. All details are below.

Thanks,
Kevin

DESCRIPTION:

I recently migrated to a new PC and have been having problems with PoE ever since. I'm running the game through Steam, and every time I play, it crashes after about 5 minutes, with Windows reporting that the game has stopped working. Currently, I'm in the Endless Paths on level 6. The game has crashed about 6 times so far (despite my troubleshooting).

I have already tried the following steps:

- Verified Steam Game cache files

- Clean install of PoE

- Turned power savings mode to "High Performance" in Windows

- Updated video card drivers

- Found someone recommending the deletion of a font through the Command Prompt called "UNCL" but don't have that font to delete.

I'm running a new NVidia GTX 1070 so it should absolutely be able to run the game's graphics with no trouble. OS is currently WIndows 8.1.

My brother is very computer savvy and he helped me find the following information in the Event Viewer to post regarding my crash events:

Faulting application name: PillarsOfEternity.exe, version: 1.3.2.1008, time stamp: 0x5669f24a
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.18258, time stamp: 0x56d878ce
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00040d72
Faulting process id: 0x1774
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1d71eab497145
Faulting application path: X:\Steam 2nd Generation\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 75407cef-4318-11e6-825c-5cf3707749be
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I have attached the most recent Save File (from right before my most recent crash), the Output Log and the dx Diag as a zip file via a Dropbox link. Please let me know if there's any other information you need to help figure this out.

Thanks in advance!!

1 answer to this question