Descriptions in this game need work

Dear Developers,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, so moderator please move this to the appropriate forum, but in my opinion all of the talents, abilities, spells, and item descriptions need to be reviewed in order to ensure they are easy to comprehend. So many descriptions are vague, confusing, and misleading and require much personal testing and many google searches just to figure out. Descriptions should be very easy to understand and not misinterpret especially for a super complex game like this with many deep mechanics and so forth.

I can provide many examples if needed, but there are many and I'm sure most would agree. I am hoping a small budget of time can be allocated to review the descriptions in the game and improve them so they are easier to understand.

Thanks

• Like 5

JiggleFloyd - while I agree that some descriptions are pretty vague, especially for spells, I am pretty sure that the game is waaay to far in its development cycle for the developers to even consider something like this. It may seem like a small thing, but I assume it is acutally very time consuming.

However, this is the kind of thing that I am sure they will try and improve in PoE 2. So maybe it could help to post this in the "suggestions for PoE 2" thread. I have a feeling that the developers may take some of the things posted there into account. And while it's not an official thread, it may stay "on top" of the boards longer than this thread.

I agree that poorly done description.And I disagree that it is a tough job.This can be done in one day.It seems the team is very small and is very busy or they do not really care. Perhaps few smart employees.I could make a sensible description for one day.

I could make a sensible description [in] one day.

Then please share and i will try to implement it in the german translation mod if possible, some effect texts are generated on the fly.

I can provide many examples if needed, but there are many and I'm sure most would agree. I am hoping a small budget of time can be allocated to review the descriptions in the game and improve them so they are easier to understand.

Same for you, show where something is unclear, remember that poe has > 1 million words, roughly guessed 20000 in spell descriptions alone.

Edited by Xaratas